ADVERTISEMENT

“...Times have changed. No knock on Nebraska's program but it's not the same as when dad played."

When it comes to recruiting, I think parents of HS players take note that Frost tends to throw his players under the bus when necessary.

Frost seems to be a good coach when he has a stable full of 3* and up players but it's not clear that he has the skills to coach up lesser players.

When it comes to recruiting, I think parents of HS players take note that Frost tends to throw his players under the bus when necessary.

Frost seems to be a good coach when he has a stable full of 3* and up players but it's not clear that he has the skills to coach up lesser players.

He just got to Nebraska....Kirk didn't do anything at Iowa his first two seasons either. Take it easy big dawg

Iowa loves when they get 9 wins, get serious. You haven't done anything great since, well, basically never have then.
Your "history" may as well be ancient at this point.

Minnesota's heights in the 60s rival Nebraska's in the 90s, and they don't delude themselves the way you guys do.

You and I both damn well know that CFB is a "what have you done for me lately" game, and Nebraska has failed that benchmark spectacularly.

Reactions: spiderland
He just got to Nebraska....Kirk didn't do anything at Iowa his first two seasons either. Take it easy big dawg
But you are Nebraska, a "blue blood" that can recruit and compete with ANYONE in the nation. One would think that if Nebraska is as big of a powerhouse as you think, he should at least get bowl eligible every year...

Iowa loves when they get 9 wins, get serious. You haven't done anything great since, well, basically never have then.
9 wins is a pretty successful season. Husker fans seem to think it makes them "superior" somehow to be pissed off about 9 or 10 win seasons. Luckily for you 4 or 5 wins is becoming the new norm for Husker football so you don't have to deal with those pesky no-name bowls you despise so much

Let's see if we can see how the two teams have been built for these first two games.
Recruiting Rankings
2014 - 2017 Nebraska 27.25 Iowa 46

What happens when Iowa starts out with similar caliber of players? Ouch......

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Lol whatever. We will be back one day winning the titles that you never have. lol have fun hoks because we are coming back for the top
LOL! PFFFFF, LOL! Not unless you go back to the outlaw days of letting the inmates run the asylum like they did under Osbourne. Oh yea, thats why you brought in one of his boys. Good luck with that. Until Frost learns how to develop and coach defense, and line play you'll be looking up at most of the league....

Lol whatever. We will be back one day winning the titles that you never have. lol have fun hoks because we are coming back for the top

I know I am and will continue to be jelly of all those off season natty's you guys are/will be racking up

You sure better stick to living in the past Dude... cause the present ain't doing you any favors. Since 2015: Debbie is 28-34, Iowa is 47-19. That's a picture of one program swirling around the drain and one with momentum.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Great point. When you change schemes unless you have top tier talent in place it's tough to see success right away. Saw Michigan struggle with Rich Rod's switch to his offensive scheme from what Carr ran. GT it will take a few years to dig out of the triple option offense. When Nebby went to 3-4 they didn't have DL talent or personnel depth to be successful in year one.

As for year 2 I find it funny how it is spun multiple ways with Frost. He was the man for what he did at UCF in year 2 with former coaches players. However last season it's Riley's fault for year 2 results as we saw by his players thrown under the bus. Yet with Riley's 2nd season 9 win success was only due to having Pelini's guys even though 1st and 3rd season it was all on Riley for their abysmal records...

Great point on fan perspective. So many Iowa fans wanted KOK out and the scheme and recruiting issues were the reason I didn’t want a change. Davis was awful in year 1 with some talented players. His peak was 2015 with his first full cycle of offensive recruits. Brian has been fantastic in making a slower transition and it was huge to bring back KOK. Point being... you can’t just uproot a scheme in one offseason and have success.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
Mike'l is a morning show co-host of 1620 "the Zone" in Omaha.

Damon is the other co-host & works for a TV station in Omaha.

Check this out:

One of my favorite statistics is that the Shuckers are 1 of like 12 teams that have lost 4 or more games in a season 16 years running and 17 out of 18. It is a good thing that Steve Peterson fired Frank Solich after going 10-3 in his last year because he "refused to allow the program to gravitate to mediocrity." Classic!

One of my favorite statistics is that the Shuckers are 1 of like 12 teams that have lost 4 or more games in a season 16 years running and 17 out of 18. It is a good thing that Steve Peterson fired Frank Solich after going 10-3 in his last year because he "refused to allow the program to gravitate to mediocrity." Classic!

Frank Solich (Pelini coached the bowl game?) went 10-3 in 2003. That team was ranked as high as #10 in the country.

Keagan is 17 years old.

Look at the 16 years since that 10-3 season in 2003:

2004: 5-6 Bill Callahan
2005: 8-4
2006: 9-5
2007: 5-7
2008: 9-4 Bo Pelini
2009: 10-4
2010: 10-4
2011: 9-4
2012: 10-4
2013: 9-4
2014: 9-4
2015: 6-7 Mike Riley
2016: 9-4
2017: 4-8
2018: 4-8 Scott Frost
2019: 5-7

Frank Solich (Pelini coached the bowl game?) went 10-3 in 2003. That team was ranked as high as #10 in the country.

Keagan is 17 years old.

Look at the 16 years since that 10-3 season in 2003:

2004: 5-6 Bill Callahan
2005: 8-4
2006: 9-5
2007: 5-7
2008: 9-4 Bo Pelini
2009: 10-4
2010: 10-4
2011: 9-4
2012: 10-4
2013: 9-4