ADVERTISEMENT

“Kirk has earned the right to decide when he leaves”

I can't comprehend the thought that a 68 year old is the guy to lead a program moving forward....what's the upside?

You want to be building towards something at all times and that's not going to happen anymore with Kirk. At best he's trying to just hang on to what he had but in reality it's steadily slipping in the wrong direction.

If he was interested in making changes he would have done it a long time ago.

There really is nothing to gain for the football program by this dragging out a few more years.

It's too bad Kirk didn't look at his own path to being head coach if he wanted Brian to take over when he retired. Brian should have gone elsewhere to get the experience he needed and now he's not going to ever be touched by anyone for those types of positions. It was an awful decision and I wonder how much Kirk thinks about it and if he regrets it

I wonder what would have happened had Brian stuck around the NFL, bounced around while working his way up the ladder of coaching jobs, perhaps became a head coach at a smaller school, and then became OC at another school. I wonder if KF got to hasty/greedy in the whole grooming him for the day he retires?

You can't really argue the W/L record since 2015, but you can argue the manner in which it was achieved. Brian deserves the criticism he is getting the last 3 years and needs to go but until recruiting gets better and KF takes his hands off the offense, I don't expect much to change.
Recruiting will continue to dive as long as Brian is here. He is poison at this point due to racism allegations and national mockery over his offense.

I've never bought into that line of thinking. It suggests that he's beyond accountability. It also unfortunately feeds into the mindset of the fear of change crowd.
The product on the field has become stale and boring in recent years. The offense has trended down from bad to disaster.
If Kirk hasn't decided himself that it's time to retire, then he apparently needs his hand to be forced.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT