ADVERTISEMENT

$13M Signing Bonus for Scherff

OnceAhawk

HR MVP
Jan 29, 2015
He agreed to a four-year deal worth approximately $18.7 million, including a signing bonus of roughly $13 million, the Washington Post reported.

11264283_1610338942511078_619283822_n.jpg

He agreed to a four-year deal worth approximately $18.7 million, including a signing bonus of roughly $13 million, the Washington Post reported.

11264283_1610338942511078_619283822_n.jpg
So glad that staying a Hawk an extra year paid off so well.....probably an extra 14 million!

Don't really know if it was the only reason we lost Gordon, but I remember reading in a Gordon interview that he said Iowa basically ceased most contact with him after he originally committed. If that is even remotely true... that's disturbing to hear as a fan.

Gordon had problems with ball security. He'd have warmed the bench in Iowa City. But congrats to Scherff. Not many college grads become instant multimillionaires. I hope he has a successful, healthy career in the NFL.

I hear ya...but to be fair, Shonn Greene isn't exactly living off crackers and ketsup packets.
The negative tone from so called Iowa fans on these boards is just staggering. As an Iowa fan of fifty years I've never witnessed the program in this kind of condition and with a fan base this negative. I'm not even trying to say that KF is the next gift from god but believe me I've been around long enough to know he's one of the best we've had and have any chance of getting. Iowa has played football for over 100 years and KF has did some things that no other coach has accomplished.

Reactions: 39HISMN and cohawk
None of this is even remotely true.....this place never ceases to amaze me
They are both facts. Feretnz quit recruiting Gordon. Fact. Guys like Gordon that fumble the ball don't see the field under Kirk. One of our previous running backs fumbled 1 time and never saw the field again.

The negative tone from so called Iowa fans on these boards is just staggering. As an Iowa fan of fifty years I've never witnessed the program in this kind of condition and with a fan base this negative. I'm not even trying to say that KF is the next gift from god but believe me I've been around long enough to know he's one of the best we've had and have any chance of getting. Iowa has played football for over 100 years and KF has did some things that no other coach has accomplished.

How was my post negative?

ADVERTISEMENT