ADVERTISEMENT

17% of Voters Blame Biden for the End of Roe

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Morans:

Nearly one in five voters in battleground states says that President Biden is responsible for ending the constitutional right to abortion, a new poll found, despite the fact that he supports abortion rights and that his opponent Donald J. Trump appointed three Supreme Court justices who made it possible to overturn Roe v. Wade.
Trump supporters and voters with less education were most likely to attribute responsibility for abortion bans to Mr. Biden, but the misperception existed across demographic groups. Twelve percent of Democrats hold Mr. Biden responsible, according to New York Times/Siena College polls in Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada and Wisconsin and a Times/Philadelphia Inquirer/Siena poll in Pennsylvania.
“I think the buck stops with him, so he had the ability to fight that, and that’s not what I’m hearing that he did,” said Terri Yonemura, 62, an abortion rights supporter in Las Vegas who said she would not vote for Mr. Trump, but is unsure about Mr. Biden, so may not vote at all.

Abortion has been a mobilizing issue for Democrats in recent elections, and the confusion among a segment of voters presents both a challenge and an opportunity for Mr. Biden, who trailed Mr. Trump by six points in the survey overall.
Advertisement
SKIP ADVERTISEMENT

“This group is a pickup opportunity for Democrats,” said Celinda Lake, a Democratic pollster who regularly surveys voters about abortion. The bigger challenge, she said, is that many voters do not understand Mr. Trump’s stance on the issue. “He has intentionally kept it vague. But when we show voters his statements in his own words, that is enough to persuade them.”
The message has become central in Mr. Biden’s campaign. It has been running ads linking Mr. Trump to abortion bans. One says explicitly: “Trump did this.” Vice President Kamala Harris has been highlighting the issue in public appearances and interviews.

Many voters who held Mr. Biden responsible said they simply didn’t pay close attention to politics or government affairs. For some, the confusion came from the fact that the Supreme Court’s Dobbs decision happened while Mr. Biden was president.
DeLana Marsh, 30, of Holly Springs, Ga., supports abortion rights and opposes a new Georgia law that bans abortions after six weeks of pregnancy: “I don’t think a group of men should be able to decide that for us.”

But she said she was under the impression that Mr. Biden was responsible because it happened during his presidency, and she believed his age prevented him from closely tracking such events.
Other voters said Mr. Biden hadn’t done enough to stop state abortion bans. (He has criticized the Dobbs decision and enacted certain federal policies to support abortion rights, and does not have the authority to reverse state laws.)
“There should be no restrictions on abortion whatsoever,” said Ana Juarez Ramirez, 18, of Nogales, Ariz. Yet he says Mr. Biden made empty promises on many issues, including abortion.
“Biden did not fully criticize or condemn the taking away of people’s rights,” he said. Still, he plans to vote for Mr. Biden, mostly because, he said, “I don’t even want to think about voting for Trump.”
Overall, voters in battleground states say they trust Mr. Biden more than Mr. Trump to handle the issue of abortion, largely unchanged since last November. But even so, about 6 percent of Democrats, including many who want abortion to remain legal, say they trust Mr. Trump more to handle the issue.
Advertisement
SKIP ADVERTISEMENT

Some voters said they did not believe that Mr. Trump actually opposed abortion rights. Among Republicans, only about four in 10 held him responsible for Dobbs, a figure that may reflect partisanship as well as confusion. But on some aspects of the abortion debate, Mr. Trump has sent mixed signals..
Mr. Trump has clearly claimed responsibility for the decision: “I was able to kill Roe v. Wade,” he posted last year, and last month reiterated that he was “proudly the person responsible” for doing so.
Yet recently, he wouldn’t commit to a position on a national abortion ban and said he would allow states to prosecute women who violated abortion restrictions. But several weeks earlier, he said he believed abortion law should be left to the states and include exceptions.
Christine Valenti, 72, is a Republican from Wisconsin and two-time Trump voter who says abortion should be mostly legal and that women in states with bans should be able to travel to another state to get one.
But she said that Mr. Trump’s recent statements on leaving abortion up to the states assured her that his views were in line with hers. And she said Mr. Biden hadn’t done enough to support abortion rights: “He doesn’t say much about it anymore. He’s our president, but he doesn’t say a lot, period, about anything.”
Advertisement
SKIP ADVERTISEMENT

Ultimately, though, she said the economy was her more pressing concern. When voters were asked for the one issue most important to them in the election, the largest share of respondents, 21 percent, said the economy. Abortion and immigration were next, with just over 10 percent saying each was most important.

So 17% percent are certifiable morons. I think that number is low.
The only surprise to me is that ONLY 17% of the survey participants are misinformed. If you watch any of the "man on the street" interviews the hosts have little trouble in finding a supply of woefully informed people...on just about any position or topic. Kinda scary actually.

As I constantly say, a functioning democracy depends upon an informed electorate. America is sorely lacking in that respect.

It makes it ripe for people to believe in things like the Russia hoax, the false narrative regarding Trump and Charlottesville, the false narrative that police officers were killed on J6, the false claim that when Biden took office inflation was at 9%, and many many others.

It makes it ripe for people to believe in things like the Russia hoax, the false narrative regarding Trump and Charlottesville, the false narrative that police officers were killed on J6, the false claim that when Biden took office inflation was at 9%, and many many others.
All true, except maybe one. You decide which one.

bell-curve.png

Wait, what are you calling a false narrative? Police officers were killed on J6. What do you believe the false narrative with Charlottesville was? Also, Russia did interfere in the US with the request from Trump that we've all seen. There isn't denying that. How far does Trump and Russia go down the rabbit hole is the only thing we aren't sure about.

Wait, what are you calling a false narrative? Police officers were killed on J6.

Nope.

The USCP accepts the findings from the District of Columbia's Office of the Chief Medical Examiner that Officer Brian Sicknick died of natural causes.

What do you believe the false narrative with Charlottesville was?

The media said that Trump called neo-Nazis ‘fine people’, but his actual quote said the opposite:

REPORTER: George Washington and Robert E. Lee are not the same.

TRUMP: Oh no, George Washington was a slave owner. Was George Washington a slave owner? So will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down – excuse me. Are we going to take down, are we going to take down statues to George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson? What do you think of Thomas Jefferson? You like him? Okay, good. Are we going to take down his statue? He was a major slave owner. Are we going to take down his statue? You know what? It’s fine, you’re changing history, you’re changing culture, and you had people – and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally – but you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists, okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly. Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people, but you also had troublemakers and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets and with the baseball bats – you had a lot of bad people in the other group too

All I have to do is take the position opposite yours and I feel pretty good about being correct. You prove it time and again.

I know it's a waste of time to deal with your trolling and misinformation. I'll try to refrain from calling you out in the future.

That's the spirit. Hunker down!

Morans:

Nearly one in five voters in battleground states says that President Biden is responsible for ending the constitutional right to abortion, a new poll found, despite the fact that he supports abortion rights and that his opponent Donald J. Trump appointed three Supreme Court justices who made it possible to overturn Roe v. Wade.
Trump supporters and voters with less education were most likely to attribute responsibility for abortion bans to Mr. Biden, but the misperception existed across demographic groups. Twelve percent of Democrats hold Mr. Biden responsible, according to New York Times/Siena College polls in Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada and Wisconsin and a Times/Philadelphia Inquirer/Siena poll in Pennsylvania.
“I think the buck stops with him, so he had the ability to fight that, and that’s not what I’m hearing that he did,” said Terri Yonemura, 62, an abortion rights supporter in Las Vegas who said she would not vote for Mr. Trump, but is unsure about Mr. Biden, so may not vote at all.

Abortion has been a mobilizing issue for Democrats in recent elections, and the confusion among a segment of voters presents both a challenge and an opportunity for Mr. Biden, who trailed Mr. Trump by six points in the survey overall.
Advertisement
SKIP ADVERTISEMENT

“This group is a pickup opportunity for Democrats,” said Celinda Lake, a Democratic pollster who regularly surveys voters about abortion. The bigger challenge, she said, is that many voters do not understand Mr. Trump’s stance on the issue. “He has intentionally kept it vague. But when we show voters his statements in his own words, that is enough to persuade them.”
The message has become central in Mr. Biden’s campaign. It has been running ads linking Mr. Trump to abortion bans. One says explicitly: “Trump did this.” Vice President Kamala Harris has been highlighting the issue in public appearances and interviews.

Many voters who held Mr. Biden responsible said they simply didn’t pay close attention to politics or government affairs. For some, the confusion came from the fact that the Supreme Court’s Dobbs decision happened while Mr. Biden was president.
DeLana Marsh, 30, of Holly Springs, Ga., supports abortion rights and opposes a new Georgia law that bans abortions after six weeks of pregnancy: “I don’t think a group of men should be able to decide that for us.”

But she said she was under the impression that Mr. Biden was responsible because it happened during his presidency, and she believed his age prevented him from closely tracking such events.
Other voters said Mr. Biden hadn’t done enough to stop state abortion bans. (He has criticized the Dobbs decision and enacted certain federal policies to support abortion rights, and does not have the authority to reverse state laws.)
“There should be no restrictions on abortion whatsoever,” said Ana Juarez Ramirez, 18, of Nogales, Ariz. Yet he says Mr. Biden made empty promises on many issues, including abortion.
“Biden did not fully criticize or condemn the taking away of people’s rights,” he said. Still, he plans to vote for Mr. Biden, mostly because, he said, “I don’t even want to think about voting for Trump.”
Overall, voters in battleground states say they trust Mr. Biden more than Mr. Trump to handle the issue of abortion, largely unchanged since last November. But even so, about 6 percent of Democrats, including many who want abortion to remain legal, say they trust Mr. Trump more to handle the issue.
Advertisement
SKIP ADVERTISEMENT

Some voters said they did not believe that Mr. Trump actually opposed abortion rights. Among Republicans, only about four in 10 held him responsible for Dobbs, a figure that may reflect partisanship as well as confusion. But on some aspects of the abortion debate, Mr. Trump has sent mixed signals..
Mr. Trump has clearly claimed responsibility for the decision: “I was able to kill Roe v. Wade,” he posted last year, and last month reiterated that he was “proudly the person responsible” for doing so.
Yet recently, he wouldn’t commit to a position on a national abortion ban and said he would allow states to prosecute women who violated abortion restrictions. But several weeks earlier, he said he believed abortion law should be left to the states and include exceptions.
Christine Valenti, 72, is a Republican from Wisconsin and two-time Trump voter who says abortion should be mostly legal and that women in states with bans should be able to travel to another state to get one.
But she said that Mr. Trump’s recent statements on leaving abortion up to the states assured her that his views were in line with hers. And she said Mr. Biden hadn’t done enough to support abortion rights: “He doesn’t say much about it anymore. He’s our president, but he doesn’t say a lot, period, about anything.”
Advertisement
SKIP ADVERTISEMENT

Ultimately, though, she said the economy was her more pressing concern. When voters were asked for the one issue most important to them in the election, the largest share of respondents, 21 percent, said the economy. Abortion and immigration were next, with just over 10 percent saying each was most important.

Gee, I wonder which news network they got that from?????????

Morans:

Advertisement
SKIP ADVERTISEMENT

Advertisement
SKIP ADVERTISEMENT

Advertisement
SKIP ADVERTISEMENT

Further proof that each party has truly stupid people on its fringes.

dipshit.

Nope.

The USCP accepts the findings from the District of Columbia's Office of the Chief Medical Examiner that Officer Brian Sicknick died of natural causes

I'm sure the strokes had nothing to do with stress of that day

To be believe Biden is responsible for reversal of Roe is dumb,
You can dumb and not a MAGA, although all MAGAs are dumb.

Yea, to hardcore MAGA Biden is to blame for everything, including stuff the Trump did.... there's been multiple videos posted on here showing such stupidity

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT