ADVERTISEMENT

18 innings, 5 hr, 39 min later, Iowa wins again

OnceAhawk

HR MVP
Jan 29, 2015
Iowa beat Sacramento State, 4-3, in walk off fashion last night (Tue, Apr 28).

who was there the entire game last night?

The Hawkeyes (31-11) return to action Friday afternoon, opening a three-game series at Michigan.

link for video highlights and pics: http://www.hawkeyesports.com/sports/m-basebl/recaps/042815aad.html

11043787.jpeg

Last edited:
Going to be hard to find someone that was there for even one inning. Iowa baseball is having a remarkable season, and I think most hawk fans don't even realize it.

Reactions: DixieHawkeye
Going to be hard to find someone that was there for even one inning. Iowa baseball is having a remarkable season, and I think most hawk fans don't even realize it.

I was there on Sunday for the double-header. Couldn't make this game because of work and distance. Place was packed on Sunday, people standing. I think more people realize than you think. Great games.

They were turning people away on Sunday if that is any indicator... no more capacity.

Sunday was a sell out and Saturday had 1200-1300 in the terrible weather. The NW series had almost 1600 and 1900 for the two days. I think every Nebby game would've had 2,000+ had the weather been nice.

Iowa has a midweek vs Western Illinois and a home series vs Minnesota left. Two road series vs Michigan and Rutgers.

I think the biggest crowd I remember during the Dahm era was 1,300? That was just for a single game, not 1-2K for back to back days. Typically it was 300 - 700 it seemed.

I was at the championship games for both recent wins, and I was there for game one of the Arizona series. I am usually a Florida baseball fan, but your fans are classy. SEC as a whole is nice

ADVERTISEMENT