ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Softball

For those with ESPN+, the 2nd game of the Iowa-North Florida double header is supposed to be on at 5:30. Looks like the Wednesday Wichita State game is supposed to be on also.

ETA - Iowa's Twitter page now saying that there will be one game only with N Florida to begin at 6 PM (Central?). Hopefully still on ESPN +

Last edited:
Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
ETA - Iowa's Twitter page now saying that there will be one game only with N Florida to begin at 6 PM (Central?). Hopefully still on ESPN +
According to my weather app, that's exactly when the next round of storms are set to come through Jax. :rolleyes:

Dropped games to Harvard and North Florida today, scoring three runs total. Sure seems that an NISC title was peak for this coaching staff. 😐

Dropped games to Harvard and North Florida today, scoring three runs total. Sure seems that an NISC title was peak for this coaching staff. 😐
No earned runs and outhit in the double-header win yesterday. Helped by a ton of Jax errors.
Missing Nia big-time. She kinda carried the team for a few years.

Last edited:
  • Sad
No earned runs and outhit in the double-header win yesterday. Helped by a ton of Jax errors.
Missing Nia big-time. She kinda carried the team for a few years.
Seems like we’re not on a good trajectory. Hate tomsay it,bout changesare needed.

RPI is actually looking good thanks to (what's turned out to be) a nice strength of schedule. No real good teams on tap in California though, so schedule strength is going to take a big hit. Really need to go 9-2 at worst.

B1G not looking great. Only one Top 50 RPI team.

Reactions: SunzOutGunzOut
The San Jose St game is viewable on the Mountain West conference website, www.thwmw.com. Score 0-0, Adams pitching. Earlier today we beat CSU Bakersfield 17-1 (!).

ETA - we won 3-2.
Nice that the game was streamed. Not easy watching SB and BB at the same time though!
Unfortunately tomorrow's DH (ESPN+) is during Iowa WBB too.

Last edited:
Reactions: MossHawk6
Ugh - the Iowa coach in charge of baserunning needs to be fired. A comedy of errors.

Ugh - the Iowa coach in charge of baserunning needs to be fired. A comedy of errors.
Happened again. Scored to tie on a single up the middle, and we had a girl round third with the ball already back in the infield. 🤦‍♂️

Happened again. Scored to tie on a single up the middle, and we had a girl round third with the ball already back in the infield. 🤦‍♂️
Was just gonna post same thing. Seriously, get Gillispie off 3rd base.

Course, between the popup falling between home & 3rd and 1st baseman wandering off the bag allowing go-ahead score, it's a battle for the bone head play of the day.

Last edited:
This was tough to watch today. I knew Denali and Nia leaving Iowa would leave big holes but … WOW. There does not appear to be upper classman leadership. Not 1 HR has been hit so far. Not following why Roman is not starting because she plays with great energy that this team needs. Maybe all the cancelled games have affected this team’s growth and momentum? Hate to say it but I’m not looking forward to sitting and listening to the obnoxious Wisconsin fan base at home. We are losing to teams we should beat as a B1G Power 5 team. This so far looks like the true definition of a rebuilding year. There is definitely freshman talent but it’s going to take time. Oh yes. Gillespie needs to stop coaching 3B. Ridiculous.

Reactions: LinusPF
This was tough to watch today. I knew Denali and Nia leaving Iowa would leave big holes but … WOW. There does not appear to be upper classman leadership. Not 1 HR has been hit so far. Not following why Roman is not starting because she plays with great energy that this team needs. Maybe all the cancelled games have affected this team’s growth and momentum? Hate to say it but I’m not looking forward to sitting and listening to the obnoxious Wisconsin fan base at home. We are losing to teams we should beat as a B1G Power 5 team. This so far looks like the true definition of a rebuilding year. There is definitely freshman talent but it’s going to take time. Oh yes. Gillespie needs to stop coaching 3B. Ridiculous.
can’t we get a coachthatbuilds a team that disciplinedorganized and TOGRTHER?

We're looking a lot like one of Looper's teams :(
I'll say this, Looper came in at a very difficult time - following a legend and with turmoil in the program. Due to the turmoil or because she was a lousy recruiter, she had trouble getting good players (though she was always able to get/develop excellent pitchers). It did seem she did the best with what she had.

That's not the case now. Most Gillispie players regress over the years. We have good players playing beneath their ability. Every game players make junior-high level mental errors. I'll repeat what I've said about past Gillispie teams -- I see a lack of fitness and maturity. One dugout appears to have stud-ballers. Ours has a lot of silliness. Be silly if you're ballin'. Don't be silly if you're also letting pop-flies fall between players or you're getting picked off bases.

Can only tell so much watching online of course...just my observation!

It will be interesting to see if they can get this mornings snow cleared from the field in time for the game today.

I was there tonight. Adams was dealing, but like a lot of no-hitters, it was almost as much about Iowa’s defense. A fantastic full extension leap up by Avery to nab a high liner ripped above her head at third in the sixth, a great dig on a short hop into first later that inning, a heads up pick off by the catcher, and finally an extended catch while sprinting onto the warming track in center field to end it.

Attempt to reschedule? Doesn't seem like it.
Iowa doesn't seem too eager to get games on the schedule this year. (Wichita St. / UNI / Illinois St. / Drake)

Last edited:

Attempt to reschedule? Doesn't seem like it.
Iowa doesn't seem too eager to get games on the schedule this year. (Wichita St. / UNI / Illinois St. / Drake)
I guess this weekend shows why.
Three runs in the series against one of the worst pitching staffs in the conference.

Now come the good teams on the schedule!
In danger of not qualifying for the B1G Tournament we tried so hard to keep at home.

I guess this weekend shows why.
Three runs in the series against one of the worst pitching staffs in the conference.

Now come the good teams on the schedule!
In danger of not qualifying for the B1G Tournament we tried so hard to keep at home.
Just not a verygood team….sIGH!

Just not a verygood team….sIGH!
Very disappointing Senior class - Klosterman was on the all-Big Ten Freshman team. BA .228 this year.
Banes so many base-running errors early in the season. Now she's just not getting on base....

Miserable lack of focus.
* Klosterman interfered with the IN 2B fielding a play when she could have easily gone around.
* Indiana gets a delayed steal of 3B after a walk -- no one in the infield paying attention.
* But the prize of course is the staff not re-entering Devin. Poor Devin gets plunked and is an automatic out.

Pitching falling apart now too.

Like I said weeks ago. Too many players are just silly and noticeably not in shape. What better example than getting injured celebrating a HR? Don't know how much of that can be blamed on coaching...

Reactions: SunzOutGunzOut
Watching Iowa-Nebraska currently on BTN. Not sure but it looks to me like the Huskers have a FieldTurf outfield but actual dirt in the infield. Odd combo.

Watching Iowa-Nebraska currently on BTN. Not sure but it looks to me like the Huskers have a FieldTurf outfield but actual dirt in the infield. Odd combo.
I like it. Outfield turf is weather friendly, and you can tarp the infield.
I get it, but infield turf just isn't right.

Last edited:
Sixth inning, no one's scoring, Tory gets a leadoff hit, and Coach doesn't have Sammy bunt. :rolleyes:
Sammy hitting .149 in B1G play
But Coach has Moss bunt....

First few innings announcers say more than once, Iowa watches a perfect pitch for a strike...Then coach is interviewed in the fourth inning and says hitters need to be MORE patient. :D

BTW - The time to sit the seniors was a couple weeks ago.

Comedy of errors continues. Can't execute a basic pickle.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT