ADVERTISEMENT

3 commits in 1 hour,

Khawk88

Scout Team
Jul 28, 2014
McKnight
Billings
Boswell

was thinking maybe IA takes 27 like O$U did in the 2015 class.

McKnight
Billings
Boswell

was thinking maybe IA takes 27 like O$U did in the 2015 class.

Well we have 21 seniors and I think Koehn is the only one not on scholarship, so we lose 20 scholarship players. We usually oversign by 2-4 to account for transfers that always happen. So my guess is we end up with about 24 in the class and we are currently at 20 right now. On a side note, what is your obsession with Ohio State? That comment about them was completely useless and you are always bringing them up in posts.

Well we have 21 seniors and I think Koehn is the only one not on scholarship, so we lose 20 scholarship players. We usually oversign by 2-4 to account for transfers that always happen. So my guess is we end up with about 24 in the class and we are currently at 20 right now. On a side note, what is your obsession with Ohio State? That comment about them was completely useless and you are always bringing them up in posts.
most of you want IA to be like O$U, so why not use them

here are IA's last 5 classes
2011 25
2012 24
2013 22
2014 20
2015 21

and with all the complaining about all the defections this bring up the question of, Why isn't IA signing 25 players in every class?

when you want the team you are supporting why not compare them to the team you want them to be like?

All have only 1 power 5 conference offer. Iowa.
oh well the common phrase of the negative nellies, most won't even see the field for 3 years unless they prove themselves to be better than the negative nellies try to make them out to be.

oh well the common phrase of the negative nellies, most won't even see the field for 3 years unless they prove themselves to be better than the negative nellies try to make them out to be.

I'm not sure what to make of this class yet but find it funny how you call people who may not share your rosy view as 'negative nellies".

Does that mean we can call you a "head in the sander'?

I'm not sure what to make of this class yet but find it funny how you call people who may not share your rosy view as 'negative nellies".

Does that mean we can call you a "head in the sander'?
you mean head in the sand?

2 questions: the MAC conference is made up of D1 schools right?

and have you OR anybody else seen these kids play a D1 GAME YET?

So is the Missouri Valley Football conference, what is your point?

So is the Missouri Valley Football conference, what is your point?
actually the MVC is a D11 conference, nice try though. and IA opens up the season with Illinois ST the defending MVC Champion and who lost to N Dakota ST in the D11 Championship game.

better luck next time, but that still does not answer my 2nd question.

To be fair to everyone, the MAC is FBS football like the B1G. The MVC is FCS football, better known at one time as D-1AA. So MAC offers are D-1 FBS offers, just not P5 offers.

Absolutely not and I hope every recruit turns out awesome.

My point is after the last few years of poor recruiting and subpar in game coaching decisions why is someone a "negative Nellie" for not blindly supporting everything KF does?

Reactions: BolderHusker
Absolutely not and I hope every recruit turns out awesome.

My point is after the last few years of poor recruiting and subpar in game coaching decisions why is someone a "negative Nellie" for not blindly supporting everything KF does?
not blindly following KF, with 7 new coaches hired over a 3 year period, I am willing to give this new staff a chance to prove what they are all about, this year there are now 20 recruits committed and its not even July, when if ever has that happened in fact there are 2 2017 commits,

granted Kirkpatrick is from Iowa but Harris is not from Iowa. and as I asked has anyone seen them play a D1 game to make any kind of decision?

Reactions: ichawk24
Iowa has 20 verbals in late June because most of these guys expected to be playing in front of 20k-30k fans in the MAC, not 60k-100k in the B1G.

It's like when most of you guys were used to hooking up with 5s and 6s in college and then that once in a life night happened and an 8 got extremely drunk and you fell in love with her and committed to her on the spot:)

Last edited:
What he said lol... It's pretty concerning looking at these kid's offer lists. I'm not a donor yet (paying off loans still) but if I was then I wouldn't be pleased in the slightest. Having a top 25 class is cool and all but it's due to quantity rather than quality at this point in the recruitment process. I'd much rather see more of an emphasis put on players that can come in and make an immediate impact. I will say it's hard to do that when we put such a mediocre product on the field year in and year out. What it really comes down to is winning games and until that happens we will continue to recruit mediocre players.

Iowa has 20 verbals in late June because most of these guys expected to be playing in front of 20k-30k fans in the MAC, not 60k-100k in the B1G.

It's like when most of you guys were used to hooking up with 5s and 6s in college and then that once in a life night happened and an 8 got extremely drunk and you fell in love with her and committed to her in the spot:)
2X5=10

Reactions: PHXIowaClub

Beans and rice, I've already said this 3 times in the last week. Don't you people ever read?

What he said lol... It's pretty concerning looking at these kid's offer lists. I'm not a donor yet (paying off loans still) but if I was then I wouldn't be pleased in the slightest. Having a top 25 class is cool and all but it's due to quantity rather than quality at this point in the recruitment process. I'd much rather see more of an emphasis put on players that can come in and make an immediate impact. I will say it's hard to do that when we put such a mediocre product on the field year in and year out. What it really comes down to is winning games and until that happens we will continue to recruit mediocre players.

Get back to us when you get your loans paid off junior.

Last edited:
I thought Koehn was put on scholaraship for his sr season

Tom Kakert was a guest on the On Iowa podcast and he stated that while Iowa's class is ranked highly right now due to the sheer number of commitments, they would be ranked 13th in the Big Ten right now based on the quality or cumulative star rankings of the players. Take that as you will but it's a tough pill to swallow given the current condition of the program. We could definitely win the MAC in a few years with this recruiting class but I don't know about the Big Ten.

Yawn. I'm always excited when kids want to join the program, but this is going to be another bottom power 5 recruiting class (on paper). Results generally trend towards ratings.

I thought Koehn was put on scholaraship for his sr season

Yep, looks like you're right. Found an old gazette article that said he would. FWIW in an article today by Chad Leistikow of Des Moines Register he said that we are projected to take 25 commits in this class.

Tom Kakert was a guest on the On Iowa podcast and he stated that while Iowa's class is ranked highly right now due to the sheer number of commitments, they would be ranked 13th in the Big Ten right now based on the quality or cumulative star rankings of the players. Take that as you will but it's a tough pill to swallow given the current condition of the program. We could definitely win the MAC in a few years with this recruiting class but I don't know about the Big Ten.
law-order-law-expert_witness-stand-lawyer-barrister-rron1332_low.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT