ADVERTISEMENT

4 star players that have IA in their top 5 or 10

Khawk88

Scout Team
Jul 28, 2014
DT Daniels out of TX
OT Farniok out of SD
ATH Allen out of KC MO he was here for IA's BBQ.
OT Williams out of DC
OT Beudreaux of FLA
there are other 4* players that have not trimmed their list 1 of them is 4* S Burrell who is going to take a OV this fall he was to be here for the BBQ, there are still 4* players still on the board, that Ia has a good shot at.

Reactions: hawk_it
Ssssshhhhh, don't tell negative nancy that, they think Iowa is only after unranked or 2 star in-state talent or MAC level recruits.

Reactions: BornHawkeye4Life
PB will more than likely stay instate, but in the end I think IA takes just 1 more OL in this class after taking 5 in last years class.

and yes IA made Burrells top 9. next years class will be the true measure of the new coaches efforts, Espenesa is a Legacy recruit and 247 crystal ball is showing 70% IA and 30% ND, IA is also in on 4* DT Hansford out of the Hun School from NJ.

this could be next years DL recruits
DE Espenesa
DE Kirkpatrick
DT Harris
DT Hansford
IA is also in on DT Daniels out of TX the 3rd brother of the Daniels out of TX, Wallace joinrd the staff 12 months ago completing the change of 7 new coaches. 3 that worked on the 2013 class in GB, BF and Woods. then these 3 for the 2014 class, Kennedy, White and Reid.

recruiting is like the age old question of which comes 1st. {the chicken ort the egg}

winning mean better recruits, but you need better recruits to win.

Reactions: RobinHawk
DT Daniels out of TX
OT Farniok out of SD
ATH Allen out of KC MO he was here for IA's BBQ.
OT Williams out of DC
OT Beudreaux of FLA
there are other 4* players that have not trimmed their list 1 of them is 4* S Burrell who is going to take a OV this fall he was to be here for the BBQ, there are still 4* players still on the board, that Ia has a good shot at.

Want to place a bet you get none of them? Name the $.

Daniels announced his top 10, 5 weeks ago. Iowa did not make the cut.

Taylor is the kid from KC,MO.

Randrecous Davis is a 4 star kid that recently mentioned he is getting alot of interest from Iowa and mentioned he is trying to schedule a visit. Not sure if he has announced a top 5 or 10 list but he has mentioned Iowa in 2 recent articles.

is that what you are hoping will happen?

Well…if I'm totally honest, yes, I guess I am. Got to bet on the home team (and bet against the competition). Any takers? You only have to be correct on one out of five. I have to be correct on five out of five.

The guy I think they have a real shot at is Farniok. Other than that, I'd be surprised by any of the others committing.

Would have to agree with that. Coming from a border state (kind of), and being an O-lineman. Considering the stellar record Iowa has of putting O-lineman in the league, that would be the "money" bet. Still bet you don't get him & would be willing to put $ on it.

Hope you're correct, but if I had to guess, I would say he goes Stanford. I would if I were him. Who would turn down a free Stanford education?

Word is he wasn't impressed with his Stanford visit. Iowa has a slight lead over Nebraska

Well…if I'm totally honest, yes, I guess I am. Got to bet on the home team (and bet against the competition). Any takers? You only have to be correct on one out of five. I have to be correct on five out of five.
ok I , can we use stocks instead of cash although I do have cash, but is only about 7200 dollars, I have 3000 shares of Freddie MAC currently bouncing around $2.30 a share, a couple others that are classified as sub penny stocks?

I would count $185,000 in my savings account that is for my retirement but I think my family might object.

I won't be disappointed if we don't get Farniok. The two times I've seen him play he definitely passes the eye test but he is not the fastest kid off the line all the time or he is lazy, one of the two. Part of the problem is he doesn't face premier competition here in SD so he doesn't always have to be at his best. He is definitely not the consistent mauler that his brothers were but maybe that will change this year. It is tough to tell how he would do against top competition. I have a feeling his rating is mainly based off his measurable (which are impressive) and his name.

scouting report on him he can play all 5 of the OL positions, finding a spot then developing will be the key. he is a RS candidate that is certain and will add depth to the OL. last year IA brought in 5 OL recruits.

this class needs to replace 3 outgoing senior OL. that is why I see Iowa taking just 1 more in this class and the options are there, even Jackson out of MI would be a very good pickup.

Williams looks to be a center and may end up the backup for 3 years to Daniels,

ok I , can we use stocks instead of cash although I do have cash, but is only about 7200 dollars, I have 3000 shares of Freddie MAC currently bouncing around $2.30 a share, a couple others that are classified as sub penny stocks?

I would count $185,000 in my savings account that is for my retirement but I think my family might object.

Ha, surely you can come up with five G or so? Just cash in your Freddie Mac. That's a dog of a stock anyway. Probably stand a better chance for payday betting with me.

Ha, surely you can come up with five G or so? Just cash in your Freddie Mac. That's a dog of a stock anyway. Probably stand a better chance for payday betting with me.
I do have over 200 G's but most of it is for my retirement the 7000 in my TD account is for investments.

as for Freddie Mac now is the time to invest as I doubt it will go much lower, Freddie MAC is a long term hold not a short term money maker, the stock I have 100,000 shares in just went up 3 cents a share in the last week, that = a 1000 dollar increase in value per penny, it also has the best chance for a bigger increase,

but back to the original subject about recruits with a IA interest. Davis is from GA and can play WR. in fact Rival a short time ago was listed as a WR. not to bad a 1st recruit out of GA. to get in the 2016 class.

Boswell is a 2* RB that IA is recruiting as a CB, this is a case of judging for 1 position and the kid plays a totally different position, just like Hitchen's was a 2* RB that turned into a 4th round NFL pick. never judge a player on his current ranking or the position he currently plays in HS,

Simon is listed @6'1 as a DE but I am thinking he ends up being a outside LB, most notably WLB. just like Neiman is listed as a LB but the staff is recruiting him as a ATH and he can play TE/LB/S. me I think he ends up playing TE, { in my opinion}. this class is loaded with players that can play multiple positions.

I do have over 200 G's but most of it is for my retirement the 7000 in my TD account is for investments.

as for Freddie Mac now is the time to invest as I doubt it will go much lower, Freddie MAC is a long term hold not a short term money maker, the stock I have 100,000 shares in just went up 3 cents a share in the last week, that = a 1000 dollar increase in value per penny, it also has the best chance for a bigger increase,

but back to the original subject about recruits with a IA interest. Davis is from GA and can play WR. in fact Rival a short time ago was listed as a WR. not to bad a 1st recruit out of GA. to get in the 2016 class.

Boswell is a 2* RB that IA is recruiting as a CB, this is a case of judging for 1 position and the kid plays a totally different position, just like Hitchen's was a 2* RB that turned into a 4th round NFL pick. never judge a player on his current ranking or the position he currently plays in HS,

Simon is listed @6'1 as a DE but I am thinking he ends up being a outside LB, most notably WLB. just like Neiman is listed as a LB but the staff is recruiting him as a ATH and he can play TE/LB/S. me I think he ends up playing TE, { in my opinion}. this class is loaded with players that can play multiple positions.

You are not even close on Simon. He will play DE or DT, but most likely DT after he gains 40 lbs.
As I've said before, Simon is almost a clone of Mike Daniels coming out of HS. Same state, weight, height, speed, motor, etc... They want to turn him into the next 'Diesel' Daniels. Book it!

I'm hearing Iowa or Nebraska for Farniok from the Wisconsin end. Wisconsin has offered but full at the OT spot now (Van Lanen & Kasl).

Cornell visited Iowa 7 times and ended up at O$U, visits mean nothing at this point. also Binns one of his HS coaches and who worked out with him every day got hired as a GA and yet Cornell still picked O$U. go figure.

Farniok has stated that he is taking a Official Visit to Iowa. also he has been to IA a couple times already.

You are not even close on Simon. He will play DE or DT, but most likely DT after he gains 40 lbs.
As I've said before, Simon is almost a clone of Mike Daniels coming out of HS. Same state, weight, height, speed, motor, etc... They want to turn him into the next 'Diesel' Daniels. Book it!
that is why it is hard to judge a player ofF the star rankings, some feel Simon will be a DT, some like myself see him at LB. just like the newest commit McKnight where will he end up. DE/DT or OL maybe even TE.

Just stop with some of this. People act like Hitchens never saw the defensive side of the ball in high school and was a discovery as a linebacker. And he also had Power 5 offers although the fact it was Indiana and Kansas puts that as borderline. Two time 1st team all state in Ohio as well.

Named first team all-state, all-county and all-conference as a junior and senior earned four varsity letters as a linebacker, running back, kick returner and punt returner . . . team captain as a junior and senior . . . holds school records for points in a season and career and most career yards . . . collected 154 career tackles, including 12 QB sacks . . . recorded five interceptions, forced six fumbles, recovered six fumbles and scored four defensive touchdowns . . . collected 76 tackles and eight QB sacks as a junior . . . had 76 tackles, with three QB sacks, as a senior . . . also had 3,864 career rushing yards and 52 touchdowns on 519 rushing attempts . . . collected 16 career pass receptions for 213 yards and four touchdowns . . . scored two touchdowns on kickoff returns

Umm... Okay, don't remember asking for a portfolio review… but thanks. So I guess the answer to the original question is "no", you aren't interested in placing any $ on it. Don't really blame you, but please let me know if you change your mind.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT