ADVERTISEMENT

#5 Illinois vs #2 Baylor game thread

Baylor might very well be the best team in the country. Stats are pretty even for this game even though Cockburn didn’t show and Ayo was exposed.

Their freshmen are just going to get better and better. Illinois is going to be tough by the end of the year.

Reactions: ISUAlumni
Baylor might very well be the best team in the country. Stats are pretty even for this game even though Cockburn didn’t show and Ayo was exposed.

Their freshmen are just going to get better and better. Illinois is going to be tough by the end of the year.

Baylor looked ****ing good in this game. They’ve always been very athletic but this team is on another level.

Baylor’s wins because shooting was nearly identical, but they had 10 more 2nd half chances were a plus 5 in offensive rebounds and were a plus 5 in TO margin.

when all things shootings is equal, rebounding and TOs will be the difference.

Reactions: Jaycg15
illanoy will be tough in the B1G and I expect them to get better. Dosunmu had a poor game, I thought mostly due to their opponent locking him up. Even as good as the B1G is this season there isn't a team with the quality and depth on both ends of the floor as Baylor.
Just going off the small sample of games so far, Baylor is better than Gonzaga. If they maintain quality of play close to what they showed last night, they are the NCAA title favorite.

Baylor’s wins because shooting was nearly identical, but they had 10 more 2nd half chances were a plus 5 in offensive rebounds and were a plus 5 in TO margin.

when all things shootings is equal, rebounding and TOs will be the difference.
They are always one of the top rebounding teams and it makes a huge difference. Plus their guards are all experienced and take care of the ball like you said. It will be difficult for any team to beat Baylor. It has impressed me how Drew went from only playing zone to playing man last year and they are an even better defensive team.

Reactions: Jaycg15
They are always one of the top rebounding teams and it makes a huge difference. Plus their guards are all experienced and take care of the ball like you said. It will be difficult for any team to beat Baylor. It has impressed me how Drew went from only playing zone to playing man last year and they are an even better defensive team.
That team is full of veterans that can play really good defense and offense. I thought they were good going into the game, but gained another level of respect after watching that defense. Stifling to say the least. Illinois is one of four teams to score over 1.03 ppp on them over the past two seasons at 1.045. We looked bad, and that was one of the better offensive performances teams have had against them. I'd love to see Iowa matched up against them to see how they handle Garza, but I'm not sure anyone beats them last night.

Drew catches a lot of grief but he’s won a lot of games. Like someone else said, they were strictly a zone team like Syracuse, but they have successfully gone to a man to man team.

Baylor's coach is rumored to pay recruits.
Yeah, I don’t see that. These guys aren’t five star recruits. Three of their main guys are transfers one from Presbyterian an another from UNC Asheville. Another transfer basically was doing nothing at Auburn. Butler wasn’t top 100.

Yeah, I don’t see that. These guys aren’t five star recruits. Three of their main guys are transfers one from Presbyterian an another from UNC Asheville. Another transfer basically was doing nothing at Auburn. Butler wasn’t top 100.
Well then tell Scott Drew to f***ing stop coaching up his players so Iowa can win a national championship......

Well hopefully you all play the clones before Gonzaga should help ur rankings to curb stomp us by about 40 (if ur merciful). As the old saying goes “it’s hard to polish that turd”. Hopefully they will improve some.

Dude....

This is an incredibly low information post. Google “Scott Drew dirty” and educate yourself.

The entire program is filth.

Seriously. Smh

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT