ADVERTISEMENT

#5 in AP Poll (Highest Ranking in Month of March in 65 Yrs). #5 in NET Rankings. #5 in KenPom. #8 in Coaches Poll

Can we get the top 2 seed and match up with “other” 1 seed? Whoever that is?
if we were the top 2 seed, we would likely be in the bracket with the "worst" #1 seed

it seems like Gonzaga, Baylor & Michigan are locks for a 1 seed; Iowa, Illinois, Alabama, Ohio State, etc are in a battle for the final #1 seed

This is probably our best chance at a Final 4 in the foreseeable future. And surely since 1987. I think that 2 seed is critical. I hope CJ's foot is at least OK.
So very true. This is how I would feel under the 7 scenarios:
1st round loss: Devastated beyond belief
2nd round loss: Very sad
Sweet 16 loss: Mildly disappointed, but content (extra week of dreaming)
Elite 8 loss: What might have been, but about where I thought we were, overall very happy
Final four loss: Elated that they made it this far, couldn’t be prouder to be a Hawk
Finals game loss: Devastated beyond belief
Champions: Shit is getting lit on fire

• Love
Reactions: Franisdaman
Sorry Fran. You're still fired. Half this board has fired you at least twice already just in the last 3 weeks alone.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Franisdaman
if we were the top 2 seed, we would likely be in the bracket with the "worst" #1 seed

it seems like Gonzaga, Baylor & Michigan are locks for a 1 seed; Iowa, Illinois, Alabama, Ohio State, etc are in a battle for the final #1 seed
Unless the worst #1 seed is another B1G team, I don't think they will put 2 teams from the same conference in the 1 & 2 slots in the same region.

Unless the worst #1 seed is another B1G team, I don't think they will put 2 teams from the same conference in the 1 & 2 slots in the same region.

Actually, they might do it TWICE....

March 1 Joe Lunardi (ESPN) Update (9:22 pm CT):

EvcZ_30XEAIUBXc

Scott always has some interesting tidbits, like what follows.

Are we going to end up with a #2 seed in the NCAA Tournament, just like that highly ranked 1987 team?

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Assuming Iowa takes care of business, at least 3-1 to end the year, they are a mortal lock for a 2. Fran’s record in the BTT concerns me some especially since he’s lost numerous times as the higher seed.

And we might be facing Wisconsin a 3rd time.

BTT Quarterfinals Potential matchups:

1 Michigan
8 Rutgers

4 Purdue
5 Ohio State

3 Iowa
6 Wisconsin

2 Illinois
7 Maryland

• Wow
Reactions: Hawksfor3
ADVERTISEMENT