ADVERTISEMENT

7.5 Wins For Iowa. Over or Under?

Vegas could care less what the outcome is. They just want money be and 50% on each side.

Except for all that talent on the offensive side of the ball.

So basically, the opposite.

Remember this...nobody thought much of Banks, Lewis, Russell, Brown, Jones, Hinkel, Ochoa, etc. before the season began either - they were nobodys then. Iowa was picked 8th in the Big10 in the pre-season.

Reactions: ichawk24
Remember this...nobody thought much of Banks, Lewis, Russell, Brown, Jones, Hinkel, Ochoa, etc. before the season began either - they were nobodys then. Iowa was picked 8th in the Big10 in the pre-season.

LOL, link to 8th place prediction coming off of a bowl win? Your memory is failing you, as usual.

Ochoa didn't play on that team and Hinkel only had a handful of catches that year. Everyone knew Banks and Jones were studs from the year before. Everyone knew the offensive line would be awesome, too. Iowa led the conference in offense in 2001. We had another Mo Brown lined up for next year, but Kirk chased him off.

Try again, old man. The 2001 team was extremely talented and people could clearly see the program on an upswing. That team (2001) would have beaten last year's Iowa team by 60. 2002 didn't come out of nowhere, no matter how your feeble old mind mis-remembers it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sterling_Wildcat
LOL, link to 8th place prediction coming off of a bowl win? Your memory is failing you, as usual.

Ochoa didn't play on that team and Hinkel only had a handful of catches that year. Everyone knew Banks and Jones were studs from the year before. Everyone knew the offensive line would be awesome, too. Iowa led the conference in offense in 2001. We had another Mo Brown lined up for next year, but Kirk chased him off.

Try again, old man. The 2001 team was extremely talented and people could clearly see the program on an upswing. That team (2001) would have beaten last year's Iowa team by 60. 2002 didn't come out of nowhere, no matter how your feeble old mind mis-remembers it.

The n\media did not know Banks from 2001....he barely played and was not considered reliable. The 2001 team was 6-5 in the season and no juggernaut. 2002 was a big surprise to the outside world.

Illinois State - Finished 13-2 last year...L
Iowa State - in Ames and Ferentz never has a clue against ISU...L
Pittsburgh - Narduzzi coaching and Connor at RB...L
North Texas - mehCarney...W
Wisconsin - Chryst was 6-7 at Pitt after three years, not a stupendous coach. They fall back this year...W
Illinois - Beckman...W
Northwestern - is Northwestern...W
Maryland - Rising...L
Indiana - Lost their good RB, regained their good QB...W
Minnesota - Kill is changing the Goofers...L
Purdue - What can you say about the Boilers...W
Nebraska - At Lincoln, better team...L

Home or away games make no difference for Iowa anymore, and Ferentz did nothing about Greg Davis when he had the chance...
6-6

Last edited:
The n\media did not know Banks from 2001....he barely played and was not considered reliable. The 2001 team was 6-5 in the season and no juggernaut. 2002 was a big surprise to the outside world.

We're not talking about the outside world here, genius. We're talking about expectations among people who follow the team closely. And they were a hell of a lot higher going into '02 than they are for this season.

Reactions: Sterling_Wildcat
We're not talking about the outside world here, genius. We're talking about expectations among people who follow the team closely. And they were a hell of a lot higher going into '02 than they are for this season.

I'm old, but your memory is the one wanting. 2002 was a bolt out of the blue to everyone...including the pollsters and the Iowa fanbase.

I think these stats will prove you wrong again....

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/iowa/2002.html

Reactions: cohawk
Over and you jokers just wouldn't have anything to bitch about if you couldn't pick under.

You really think Lewis and Russell were "nobody's"? Are you familiar at all with their recruiting profiles? Jeez...Lewis was one of the top rated rb's in the nation and Russell signed with Michigan out of high school. If you want to talk about nobody's, look at Iowa's current 2 deeps at OT.. That is an example of nobody's....What happened to Iowa's recruiting at the OT and rb position? After Scherff, did they bring in anybody that has proven to be relevant? Ward- 5th-6th string TE and after 2 years,he has been removed from the "leadership" group.

Can Iowa avoid losing to Iowa St? If so can they that go 4-0 in the non conference?

Can Iowa finish 5-3 in the conference and most likely be underdogs to Wisconsin, Minnesota and Nebraska and avoid losing to someone else?

I almost find the predictions of beating ISU sadly laughable. We lost to them at home last season which was their only Power 5 win and we have lost 3 of 4 which includes some of their worst teams in a decade. I need to see a W in this game alone before I believe it or believe that we are going to win out in the non-con.

Under

This, in a big way. Kirk has proven he can lose to bad ISU teams with great Iowa teams -- especially in Ames. Yes, ISU is horrible, but they were horrible last year and beat us at Kinnick. I give us about a 30% chance in Ames this fall.

Can Iowa avoid losing to Iowa St? If so can they that go 4-0 in the non conference?

Can Iowa finish 5-3 in the conference and most likely be underdogs to Wisconsin, Minnesota and Nebraska and avoid losing to someone else?

Iowa won't be significant underdogs to Nebraska or Minnesota. We'll be just as likely to win those games and then turn around and lose to Northwestern and Indiana.

I was going with the over due to our pathetic schedule but than I read that Ferentz plans on rededicating himself and spending more time in the office. That spells bad news for the Hawks and makes the under a sure thing.

Reactions: Steve.Jones
Illinois State - Win (23-17)
Iowa State - Win (24-17)
Pittsburgh - Win (31-14)
North Texas - Win (45-7)
Wisconsin - Loss (19-24)
Illinois - Win (28-10)
Northwestern - Win (31-21)
Maryland - Win (38-10)
Indiana - Win (28-14)
Minnesota - Win (31-20)
Purdue - Win (34-0)
Nebraska - Win (24-23)
Ferentz does not play to win. This will not happen. He plays to get his paycheck.

Reactions: Buck.McCoy
Well, even if we could muster an offense...highly unlikely. What defense is going to stop other teams from scoring, ours won't! If Norm Parker was resurrected and got back on board, we would have a chance. I hope I am wrong, but hard to see anything better this year, after playing one of the softest schedules in the country and barely got above .500

Well, even if we could muster an offense...highly unlikely. What defense is going to stop other teams from scoring, ours won't! If Norm Parker was resurrected and got back on board, we would have a chance. I hope I am wrong, but hard to see anything better this year, after playing one of the softest schedules in the country and barely got above .500

Let me speak frankly about 2015. If Iowa can not bounce back this year and go at least 9-3 with this schedule I will be onboard with cutting Ferentz loose.

Reactions: cohawk
Let me speak frankly about 2015. If Iowa can not bounce back this year and go at least 9-3 with this schedule I will be onboard with cutting Ferentz loose.

In what whacked-out bizarro universe do you see Iowa winning 9 games with a weaker roster and tougher schedule than last year?

That hook makes all the difference to bet the under. Hawks won't start 4-0. No way they beat both Pitt and ISU and also go over .500 in the big. The team is a train wreck and a few injuries away from being a doormat.

Over. I know I'll get roasted, but I also don't care. I like being right, so here goes:

Illinois State - Win (27-10)
Iowa State - Win (38-7)
Pittsburgh - Win (24-20)
North Texas - Win (27-7)
Wisconsin - Loss (13-24)
Illinois - Win (24-21)
Northwestern - Win (34-14)
Maryland - Win (42-14)
Indiana - Win (28-24)
Minnesota - Loss (21-38)
Purdue - Win (31-0)
Nebraska - Loss (17-21)

9-3 (5-3)
Why so sure about Purdue? Last year the game was 24-10. Iowa has Beathard for sure, but Purdue looks to be improved in many areas. Purdue guy here come on man!

Last edited:
They could easily win 9 or 10 games this year. The schedule is that soft. Of course, they could easily lose just as many games. The team is that wildly unpredictable. One thing is for sure though: if Iowa has another mediocre 6 or 7 win season (or worse) the outcry from the fan base for KF's removal is going to be very difficult for Barta to continue to try to ignore.

7 wins against a weak schedule.
Lose a lower tier bowl to a .500 SEC team.
More or less a repeat of last year.

Reactions: FlintTown
I haven't been here in a while and it's good to see the same old crying bitches whining about something that hasn't even happened yet. You guys are retards. You say we have a horrible coach, horrible players, horrible schemes and yet say we have an easy schedule. How is any schedule an easy schedule if Iowa sucks as bad as you say? Good stuff. Good luck to your cyclones this year.

I haven't been here in a while and it's good to see the same old crying bitches whining about something that hasn't even happened yet. You guys are retards. You say we have a horrible coach, horrible players, horrible schemes and yet say we have an easy schedule. How is any schedule an easy schedule if Iowa sucks as bad as you say? Good stuff. Good luck to your cyclones this year.
Nobody would expect an idiot like you to understand that the easy schedule is in comparison to what a normal big ten team would face. Your head is just too far up your rear to have a chance of intelligent thoughts.

I think he is right. I know we were picked in the bottom half because we had fans bitching like crazy over the disrespect coming off a bowl win. Everyone felt Banks would be a huge upgrade but that was limited to Iowa fans. We literally came out of nowhere. We had a QB and RBs with very little experience.

Actually we are talking about the outside world. Try and follow the whole thread. This started with someone pointing out we were picked 8th in the preseason.

I thought we would be better but I don't remember anymore thinking we would have that kind of season. We had almost no game experience at QB and RB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT