ADVERTISEMENT

A challenge to tognetti, jammenz, buf87 and all other interlopers and lurkers

GG121AND2

HR All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Hawkeye Report posters have made sure that, for the past three seasons, Wrestling for Life has been able to provide free tickets to at least one group of 20 members of kids' wrestling clubs, middle school teams or youth organizations to every Hawkeye home wrestling event. We are well on our way to a fourth consecutive season. They have also helped us with Middle School Wrestling Night at UNI and the NCAA Division III Championships. By my calculation, since 2009 my friends at HR have been responsible for about 2,500 kids experiencing college wrestling - most for the first time and many in Carver Hawkeye Arena.

Last season a couple of HR interlopers and lurkers stepped up and helped us send 50 kids to the Iowa/Rutgers dual and 40 members of Beat the Streets - Baltimore to the Iowa/Maryland dual.

Off the top of my head, I can recall fans from Iowa State, Oklahoma State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Northwestern, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio State and Illinois posting here. Those posts are frequently confrontational so I'm throwing down a gauntlet. Can you be as good a fan for your school and as big a supporter of kids wrestling as our Hawkeye Report friends?

Make a donation to Wrestling for Life in the name of your school and we'll set aside your gift and use it to buy tickets to a dual meet at that school. We would like to receive enough total donations for each school to cover at least 20 kids. If you get close, but don't quite make it, Wrestling for Life will make up the difference. I'd like to help youngsters get into at least one meet at every Big Ten and Big XII school. If your school is like Minnesota and already has free dual meet youth admission (thanks, in large part, to WFL friend, Rod Frost) we'll apply your donation to single session tickets for the respective conference championships. All donors will receive a copy of the ticket purchase receipt and contact information of the group(s) receiving the tickets.

To jump start this effort, the first five people who give at least $95 to answer this challenge will get a copy of Gable's, "A Wrestling Life". You can donate online at http://wrestlingforlife.org/index.php/donate. If you prefer to write a check, you can send it to

Wrestling for Life
c/o Jim Brown
130 24th St NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402-4936

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: JBJRFL
GG, I'll be the first to jump in, please correct your heading of thread, change tognetti to my new alias as Mr Troll. Old tognetti is gone, new and improved Mr Troll here to help out. Will mail check on Monday.

Reactions: pablow
Thanks, Mr. Troll. A couple of hardcore Cowboy fans are among our loyal supporters, so I hope to put together a pretty big group.

My usual amount will be in the mail tomorrow GG and thanks again for what you do.

Mr. Troll - another Cowboy fan has joined you. It looks like we'll be getting a good group together. I also received a donation from another of our regular "interlopers". I can't thank you all enough for the response.

The best donaters are the ones who do it silently without having to announce it.. :)

Pretty sure the money buys the same amount of tickets if the person tells no one or if they take out an ad in the New York Times announcing what they did.

Turk, I understand your point, but in the real world of fundraising, you miss the mark. As for April's post - when in doubt send an email to determine intended use.

The best donaters are the ones who do it silently without having to announce it.. :)
Why, do they give more money? If I was donating I would be asking my friends to donate for a good cause too. As for this board, if a few Okie Cowboys donate, I would think if I was a Hawk fan I wouldn't let some scum trolls out do me! April thanks for donating, over here you get shi# on even when your doing a good thing..

I still have the last book.
GG121AND2,

Want to thank the Iowa board for great wrestling info and banter. First time posting here. I made a donation, representing PSU for the cause. Been down here in Texas since graduating PSU in 1984. Starting to see wrestling increase here, but it is certainly overshadowed by Football. From the Lehigh Valley in PA, so wrestling was what it was all about growing up.

Thanks and keep up the great info on the web site. Now that we are finally tapping into our resources, I really look forward to a decades of great action between the squads.

CentexLion

Reactions: whejoe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT