ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone know where/when we can get HWC nike apparel?

matman197

Scout Team
Feb 9, 2011
Been seeing things on facebook and the HWC members wearing it. Where/When can we get our hands on some?

Typically HWC gear is hard to come by unless you go to an event or donate a decent chunk of change. I know it's been said in the past that they want to make HWC more accessible to people who can't quite afford the donation criteria. I bet if they had a tshirt for 30 or 35 they would sell a ton and make a nice profit for the club. Really hope they make something like this an option eventually.

Reactions: Jaybird319
="matman197, post: 438846, member: 11870"]Been seeing things on facebook and the HWC members wearing it. Where/When can we get our hands on some?
http://www.herkyslockerroom.com/Nike[/QUOTE]
I know its Iowa but they know how to use the internet... at least the folks on this forum anyway. *jokes
I think they're looking for that all too exclusive HWC gear, not the University gear that's available to all. In Chicago something in demand that exclusive would have been bootlegged already. *not a joke

WE8...noticed the twitter love from Willie Haha. Guess you won't be renewing your Flo anytime soon?

WE8...noticed the twitter love from Willie Haha. Guess you won't be renewing your Flo anytime soon?

Willie doesn't know who I am. I was front row in Oklahoma City and saw his antics when Iowa would lose. He isn't fooling me a bit. I will never subscribe to Flo again as long as he is there. He can hate Iowa, that's his right. The part I don't like is that he tries to deny it. I don't like him either way.

Reactions: wasdt21
There was a comment a while back about the HWC selling its gear to the public. In my opinion making merchandise available for purchase to the biggest wrestling fan base in the U.S. is a no brainier. If you want to promote the product (HWC) and raise funds at the same time sounds like a simple solution.

Reactions: Jaybird319 and Huck
You can only get HWC gear by donating to the HWC or being a parent or wrestler.----

Not so fast my friend-- news on this front coming in near future

Good to hear. The HWC needs every dime it can get to attract and retain the top talent in the country. I would love to see the HWC have top guys at every weight.

I understand the exclusive nature of their gear now. That said, I think they would make a lot more by opening it up to the public, and I think people would buy it even at outrageous markups. I think they could sell a lot of $50 t-shirts, $100 sweatshirts etc.

Selling apparel at smaller margins like Ironside and others do may not be a huge benefit, but at 100%+ margins, the HWC and the fans would be happy.

Their reason for not releasing it to the public was so that wearing the gear would show you had donated to the HWC. It was meant to be a badge of honor for the people donating. They have considered making gear for the public for years. What they really need to do is sell gear to the public, but have exclusive gear for the people making generous donations. It would solve both of their problems. The people on the HWC board are well aware of the demand for gear available to the general public.

Reactions: Huck
Good...whoever is running their marketing has been missing the boat.

Point taken, in reality the club has had no one running a marketing dept-- you have 6-7 volunteers that have full time jobs trying to help out. The good news is we hear ya' and working hard to change!

Thanks!

Their reason for not releasing it to the public was so that wearing the gear would show you had donated to the HWC. It was meant to be a badge of honor for the people donating. They have considered making gear for the public for years. What they really need to do is sell gear to the public, but have exclusive gear for the people making generous donations. It would solve both of their problems. The people on the HWC board are well aware of the demand for gear available to the general public.

This is what I was thinking...and do something that is obvious. Like sell black gear to the public but only the VIPs get stuff in gold.

Point taken, in reality the club has had no one running a marketing dept-- you have 6-7 volunteers that have full time jobs trying to help out. The good news is we hear ya' and working hard to change!

Thanks!

Thanks for donating your time Novakht. It is appreciated.

Thanks!

could you tell me more about these "jobs"?

ADVERTISEMENT