ADVERTISEMENT

beat the streets

tony got pins in his last two duals against pst, im sure take a flying leap tiger is a little influenced by this..

Kind of surprised...FT is usually a respectful guy. Funny thing is how many parents and kids talk about how nice Tony is, especially at the camps. I remember watching the all star match Tony's senior year and Ramos is the only one who went through the pile of kids on the sideline giving high fives. Its not standard. Also, he gave his U.S. Open championship match singlet to some random kid after he won it. I guess FT thinks Iowa wrestler's are just a bunch of thugs. It would be fair to say that Tony got it taken to him by the Cuban but one has to wonder how many opposing fans were smirking when it happened.

Most non-Iowa fans, minus those who simply can't contain their hatred, come off as pretty reasonable on this board, because they don't want to deal with the blow-back they'd get if they posted without filtering their true opinions. Don't mistake that for being respectful. There have been plenty examples of fans who seem respectful on HR but run to their own boards, themat.com, etc., and bash Iowa like crazy. This is just one of many.

Most non-Iowa fans, minus those who simply can't contain their hatred,

Do you really believe this? I wouldn't take this stuff so seriously. Very doubtful anyone's level of emotion runs to hatred over this. Although, I guess that's where the word "fan" from.

God help you if you ever saw the Mike Evans weekly parodies that used to come out on TOS version of the PSU board. The guy was a genius, I'd think even Evans himself would have gotten quite a chuckle. Well, maybe not, Mike seems like an awfully serious guy, lol.

Do you really believe this? I wouldn't take this stuff so seriously. Very doubtful anyone's level of emotion runs to hatred over this. Although, I guess that's where the word "fan" from.

God help you if you ever saw the Mike Evans weekly parodies that used to come out on TOS version of the PSU board. The guy was a genius, I'd think even Evans himself would have gotten quite a chuckle. Well, maybe not, Mike seems like an awfully serious guy, lol.
Looked up Naive and saw your picture. Your sheeps clothing is getting some holes in it.

Well if that makes me a wolf, so be it. I guess this will to:

IMO the vast majority of people who see this stuff so black and white don't spend a whole heck of a lot of time interacting with members of the wrestling community - or at least outside their immediate insular circle.

Well if that makes me a wolf, so be it. I guess this will to:

IMO the vast majority of people who see this stuff so black and white don't spend a whole heck of a lot of time interacting with members of the wrestling community - or at least outside their immediate insular circle.

Ever been to nationals? The whole arena applauds when an Iowa guy loses regardless of whether Iowa is in the title hunt.

Reactions: Azchief32
Ever been to nationals? The whole arena applauds when an Iowa guy loses regardless of whether Iowa is in the title hunt.

True story. Diceman, I know you like debate and its why you seem to post more over here than on BWI but just stop...we all know that the folks outside of Hawk nation pretty much hate us. Kind of funny but plenty on here have lauded the DTs, Matt Browns, and Ed Ruths of the wrestling world. Nobody took the so called controversial ending to Brown's match and ran with it on here. We called it like we saw it.

Sure, PSU gets some crap from some on here but that comes with being top dog and knocking us down a peg but you'll see very few posts celebrating an Ed Ruth or DT loss if they are representing Team USA. Matter of fact, there is quite a bit of bro love for DT...and why not, kid is just plain fun to watch. Here's the funny thing about PSU fans...I was staying up until 0100 to watch Worlds last year (despite the fact I had to work at zero 7) and posting updates both on here and on BWI...Had quite a few posters on here but it was crickets over on BWI when I was giving P4P for Ruth's matches. Quite a following you all have over there.

Now, those who want to laugh when Gilman gets pinned, Ramos gets beaten soundly, or when the Stache just can't seem to find a shot...that's fine. But nobody really knows those guys and what they do off the mat...especially PSU fans. Tony relishes the role of being the villain, ever wonder why? Some guys have to flip a switch to get mentally ready because their talent only takes them so far and their attitude may have to take them further. DT and Ruth have their athleticism and technique, Metcalf his inexhaustible supply of gas, and Ramos his attitude. Nobody gave him a shot in hell of making the world team last year to include myself and many on this board...I figured since he had been out of freestyle for years and had his wedding, it would take a while for him up his game. Nope...he figured why not, started training, and won the whole damn thing. That's the last time I am betting against him. He seems like a good young man and somebody I would want in my foxhole.

Ramos is definitely a winner. He finds a way to win. I would be shocked if he does not a have world medal or two around his neck before his career is over. I have not noticed the stare in freestyle so much this year. Is he still doing it?

Metcalf is hopefully going to get his world medal this year. The guy has been all business on the mat and complete class off the mat. I, for one, will be pulling for him.

Flying Tiger is an Iowa hating dick from way back. He and Suzy (now Cletus) on The Mat forums used to go after Metcalf non stop.

Reactions: CFNiteHawk85
People who cut down Ramos obviously have never seen Tony at youth tournaments, camps or a practice. Let alone at some senior lvl freestyle exhibition.

Some people just can't get past college colors and are unable to change their minds no matter contrary evidence. That goes for Hawk fans as well. Above statements at nationals is 100% true. Face it Iowa is Duke of wrestling.

Kind of surprised...FT is usually a respectful guy. Funny thing is how many parents and kids talk about how nice Tony is, especially at the camps. I remember watching the all star match Tony's senior year and Ramos is the only one who went through the pile of kids on the sideline giving high fives. Its not standard. Also, he gave his U.S. Open championship match singlet to some random kid after he won it. I guess FT thinks Iowa wrestler's are just a bunch of thugs. It would be fair to say that Tony got it taken to him by the Cuban but one has to wonder how many opposing fans were smirking when it happened.

WDM got it right, generally speaking. FT is usually respectful... when on the Iowa forum. On themat forum, however, it's often a different story. There has been no shortage of total crap thrown at Iowa wrestlers by FT.

Reactions: Azchief32
Kind of funny but plenty on here have lauded the DTs, Matt Browns, and Ed Ruths of the wrestling world.
Sure, PSU gets some crap from some on here but that comes with being top dog and knocking us down a peg but you'll see very few posts celebrating an Ed Ruth or DT loss if they are representing Team USA.

Now, those who want to laugh when Gilman gets pinned, Ramos gets beaten soundly, or when the Stache just can't seem to find a shot...that's fine. But nobody really knows those guys and what they do off the mat...especially PSU fans.

Excellent points....well said!

WDM got it right, generally speaking. FT is usually respectful... when on the Iowa forum. On themat forum, however, it's often a different story. There has been no shortage of total crap thrown at Iowa wrestlers by FT.

Just shows you how much I go over to The Mat

ADVERTISEMENT