ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 Clearly OVER RATED

OnceAhawk

HR MVP
Jan 29, 2015
Lets look at the Sweet 16 and Elite 8, by conference.

So much for the Big 12 being the "best conference."

The Sweet 16[/B]

5 - ACC

Duke
NC State
Louisville
Notre Dame
North Carolina

3 - PAC 12
UCLA
Utah
Arizona

2 - B1G
Michigan State
Wisconsin

2 - Big 12
Oklahoma
W Virginia

1 - SEC
Kentucky

1 - Big East
Xavier

1 - WCC
Gonzaga

1 - MVC
Wich State
The Elite 8[/B]

3 - ACC
Duke
Louisville
Notre Dame

2 - B1G
Michigan State
Wisconsin

1 - PAC 12

Arizona

1 - SEC
Kentucky

1 - WCC
Gonzaga

0 - Big 12

0 - Big East

0 - MVC

This post was edited on 3/27 11:39 PM by OnceAhawk

ACC will probally only have 1 in the Final 4, maybe 0. I believe Duke will beat Gonzaga.

I also believe that Michigan St. will beat Louisville. State plays tougher defense.

Wisconsin beats Arizona. I thought Arizona was a better team last year with Gordon. They're barely getting by teams in the tournament. Wisconsin has too many weapons.

Notre Dame will have to shoot lights out from 3 in order to beat Kentucky. Spread them out. I think Kentucky still rolls.

Originally posted by ynglbc:
ACC will probally only have 1 in the Final 4, maybe 0. I believe Duke will beat Gonzaga.

I also believe that Michigan St. will beat Louisville. State plays tougher defense.

Wisconsin beats Arizona. I thought Arizona was a better team last year with Gordon. They're barely getting by teams in the tournament. Wisconsin has too many weapons.

Notre Dame will have to shoot lights out from 3 in order to beat Kentucky. Spread them out. I think Kentucky still rolls.
wouldnt it be amazing if Wisky and MSU met in the title game?

Unless I'm off, that's the 3rd straight year where the Big12 doesn't have a team in the elite 8.

Umm yeah it is over rated; i think they play too fast and free and dont understand you have to win in the half court to have success in the ncaa torney. But oddly that fast and free play works marveously in non con december and november weird deal. But yes it is safe to say the big 12 is terrible come march.

The Big 12 really under-performed. When you have three 3 seeds and a 2 seed, it is an absolutely horrible showing to only get 2 sweet 16 and no elite 8.

The B12ers dont understand how much ESPN hates the B1G conference for starting BTN and messing up their business model.

The downplaying of the B1G all day long affects their judgment. Joe Lunardi is a perfect example: the higher seed, the vegas favorite is "going home and going home by double digits." that was a politically motivated biased agenda based prediction.

ESPN has billions of reasons to lobby against the B1G in the minds of sports fans. Most people understand this, some still don't.

The corollary to this is that the B12 is over inflated at the B1Gs expense and B12 fans dont want to acknowledge it.

Life goes on.

Originally posted by dbodeenisudm:
Umm yeah it is over rated; i think they play too fast and free and dont understand you have to win in the half court to have success in the ncaa torney. But oddly that fast and free play works marveously in non con december and november weird deal. But yes it is safe to say the big 12 is terrible come march.
That's a valid point. I don't think it's rational to deny that the Big XII was over-seeded (overrated) this season. But you are correct that the officiating in the NCAA tournament is different than during the season, especially in the Big XII, and it reveals the weaknesses of the league's teams.

I think it could still be argued that over the course of a season, the Big XII is as tough or tougher than any other conference. Even the lower teams are usually pretty salty, and everybody has to play everybody else at least twice.

But with a #2 seed and three #3 seeds, the league certainly should have done better in the tournament than it did. Even if you discount the ISU and Baylor losses as anomalies.

The 12 year olds on cry-clown fanatic will tell you the postseason is meaningless. Same thing for football. Clown fans love to tout the SOS and when the post season rolls around it proves to be a myth and a mirage. Not only for football but for MBB as well. This year is no different than the last 3-4.

Will clown fans ever learn? Doubtful, they sure do love their SOS blanky's.

big xii were definitely weak, did not at all live up to their belief as toughest conference

big east wasn't overly impressive either, particularly with villanova's early exit

Originally posted by Lone Clone:

That's a valid point. I don't think it's rational to deny that the Big XII was over-seeded (overrated) this season. But you are correct that the officiating in the NCAA tournament is different than during the season, especially in the Big XII, and it reveals the weaknesses of the league's teams.

I think it could still be argued that over the course of a season, the Big XII is as tough or tougher than any other conference. Even the lower teams are usually pretty salty, and everybody has to play everybody else at least twice.

But with a #2 seed and three #3 seeds, the league certainly should have done better in the tournament than it did. Even if you discount the ISU and Baylor losses as anomalies.
So, it was the officiating this year. What was the excuse the 2 previous years? Was it the officiating too or what?

When the refs aren't beating the clowns they are besting the rest of the Texas Ten.

Pollad screams "It's Not Fair".

Yet, the greatest Hickeye team in the last 15 years lost to both B12 teams they played this season and lost to both remaining B1G teams.

The cyclones had really good offensive team but not that great a half court lock down defensive team. Things happen in tournament so there is a component of bad luck involved in matchups. Obviously Big12 was overrated, but they do have lot of talent. If not for a marginal MSU team overachieving, B1G would really only be riding on an ultra-talented Wisconsin team to carry the flag. The ACC is doing much better, yet B1G did well against them head to head.

Originally posted by BGHAWK:
Originally posted by Lone Clone:

So, it was the officiating this year. What was the excuse the 2 previous years? Was it the officiating too or what?
No, I didn't mean the teams got screwed by the officiating. I meant the type of basketball played in the Big XII isn't well suited to the NCAA tournament.

Originally posted by CyclonesWinAgain:
Yet, the greatest Hickeye team in the last 15 years lost to both B12 teams they played this season and lost to both remaining B1G teams.
That was December this is March. Since you want to live in the past (the usual clown mantra) i will point out that Iowa has a commanding lead in wins in the 3 major men's sports.
laugh.r191677.gif

And the Cyclones lost to Texas Tech and South Carolina, two bad losses. The point of the thread was to show that the Big 12 was overrated this year, which it was.

Yet when the Directors Cup comes out with ther update for MBB in mid April Iowa will be better than the clowns.

Ouch, clown fans can't even tout their beloved Directors Cup this year.

A good way to compare B1G and BXII is to look at how the teams played to their seeds. BXII to this point "should" be 10-6, but they're 5-7 and done. B1G "should" be 7-6, but we're 9-5 with two still playing. That puts us +1.5 games above our projection, with them -3 games below theirs. Only BXII team to play above its seed was West Virginia in 5/4 matchup with Maryland (the only B1G team to play below seed). BXII definitely crapped the bed this year (again)...
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Losing records in the NCAA tourney and Bowl games is ALWAYS better than winning records. Clown fans on cry-clown fanatic will tell you just ask.

Originally posted by Carolina Hawk:
I have read on the clown boards that because they think their league is so tough they are all fatigued when they get to the ncaa tourney. Totally nuts as a fan base.. truth is they are not good. Results speak..
Yep the Texas Ten is so tough that going forward they will refuse all post season tourney bids and bowl games because they are just too tired to compete.

More I say we want more. We want more. We want more.

Also, a lot is being made of the ACC's performance, which has been outstanding, but they've pretty much just played up to their seeding. They " should" be 13-4, and they're +1 at 14-3. Early exit by UVa has been offset by better-than-projected performances by NC State and (to a lesser degree) Louisville and Notre Dame. Conference was set up for success and has by and large held serve. Something the woeful BXII has been unable to do for a long, long time, it seems.

Originally posted by 100yearscounting:
Losing records in the NCAA tourney and Bowl games is ALWAYS better than winning records. Clown fans on cry-clown fanatic will tell you just ask.
Weird. I just looked at the first page of their bb forum on CF and there is no topic discussing any of this.

Originally posted by FG86:

Weird. I just looked at the first page of their bb forum on CF and there is no topic discussing any of this.
When the Texas Ten has a losing record in Bowl games and the NCAA tourney it doesn't stop clown fans from saying the Texas Ten is still so awesom. I can easily link posts that back up my claim do you want them FG?

Please say yses. Please say yes. Please FG!

When the Texas Ten has a losing record in Bowl games and the NCAA tourney it doesn't stop clown fans from saying the Texas Ten is still so awesom. I can easily link posts that back up my claim do you want them FG?

Please say yses. Please say yes. Please FG!
I would like to see links where they are claiming a losing record in the NCAA tourney is better than a winning record. TIA

Originally posted by FG86
I would like to see links where they are claiming a losing record in the NCAA tourney is better than a winning record. TIA
I can easily link posts that show clown fans claiming they are still the second best conference for football and still the best for MBB despite losing records in both Bowl games and the NCAA tourney. Do you want those FG? Or maybe a semantics argument again.

Please say yes. Please say yes. Please say yes. Please FG.

Kansas state beats Kansas:

ESPN: wow what a tough conference top to bottom. Kansas State should be in the tourney!

Nebraska beats MSU:

ESPN: wow that conference is really down this year!

--->NCAA's

ESPN: Oops our bad. Our bosses tell us to bad mouth the B1G and they cut our paychecks.

I wonder what Lunardi thought of the Iowa Davidson game. He only missed his prediction by 40 points. -10 -> +31. nice work stat genius.

Just joking with you LC, and it's interesting because I've heard the same thing over the years about the Big ten and wait till the tournament and they will get a lot of fouls called on them.

Originally posted by FG86
I can easily link posts that show clown fans claiming they are still the second best conference for football and still the best for MBB despite losing records in both Bowl games and the NCAA tourney. Do you want those FG? Or maybe a semantics argument again.

Please say yes. Please say yes. Please say yes. Please FG.
No, I want the links to what you stated, that they are claiming a losing record in the NCAA tourney is better than a winning record. Thanks!

No, I want the links to what you stated, that they are claiming a losing record in the NCAA tourney is better than a winning record. Thanks!
Clown fans saying the Texas Ten is still the best conference in MBB are saying a losing record in the tourney is better than conferences with winning records. Get it yet Einstein? I can link many clown fan posts that back up my claim. Do you want them? Or are you going to cling to your semantics argument?

Pleas say yes.

This is what I would like to have links to. You claim ISU fans are saying this so I would like to see the links to where they are claiming this. Thanks!

This is what I would like to have links to. You claim ISU fans are saying this so I would like to see the links to where they are claiming this. Thanks!
Clown fans can't continue to argue the Texas Ten is the second best conference for football or the best in MBB without arguing a losing record in bowl games and the NCAA tourney is better than conferences with winning records. I can post links where this is exactly what clown fans argue. Does FG want them or does he want to argue semantics?

I am betting FG sicks with the semantics argument?

Clown fans can't continue to argue the Texas Ten is the second best conference for football or the best in MBB without arguing a losing record in bowl games and the NCAA tourney is better than conferences with winning records. I can post links where this is exactly what clown fans argue. Does FG want them or does he want to argue semantics?

I am betting FG sicks with the semantics argument?
I am not arguing anything. I asked to see links to what you were claiming. What are you saying, 100? That you lied and ISU fans really didn't say this? Color me stunned.

Big 12 may have been a bit overrated this year, but other than the ACC what conference has a debate of being better? 70% of Big 12 teams made the dance. Top to bottom, the Big 12 had a lot of very good to decent teams, but no "great" or "elite" teams like the Duke's, Kentucky's, and Wisconsin's.

Originally posted by Makeweight35:
Big 12 may have been a bit overrated this year, but other than the ACC what conference has a debate of being better? 70% of Big 12 teams made the dance. Top to bottom, the Big 12 had a lot of very good to decent teams, but no "great" or "elite" teams like the Duke's, Kentucky's, and Wisconsin's.
Any conference that won more games than the Texas Ten in the tourney can claim superiority.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT