ADVERTISEMENT

Big ten

chaoshawk

Rookie
Oct 1, 2006
The big ten is in a position to ban all championship games in Indiana until they change there position on discrimination. They need to vote on this asap and send a message.

I vote we move it all to Chicago. Instead of backwoods Indiana. All the proponents of the Indiana Right to Religious Freedom law can simply have economic intercourse among themselves with diminishing profits. and fade away. while we all go build better things somewhere else.

Originally posted by chaoshawk:
The big ten is in a position to ban all championship games in Indiana until they change there position on discrimination. They need to vote on this asap and send a message.
+1

Could you stupid liberals leave politics out of sports, please? Fight for your beliefs based on the merits. Quit trying to leverage every last popular thing to get what you want.

Thanks for the consideration....3 2 1...

Reactions: MTHawkeyes43
Originally posted by PatterHawk:
Could you stupid liberals leave politics out of sports, please? Fight for your beliefs based on the merits. Quit trying to leverage every last popular thing to get what you want.

Thanks for the consideration....3 2 1...
Thank You!

Originally posted by WORTHYWISH:
How could one believe that bigotry and exclusion is a good business plan?
Why should a business owner be forced to participate in what they believe is a sin? Why would a gay couple want to force a baker or florist to make them a cake or furnish flower arrangements for their wedding? There are plenty of businesses that will take their money without a fuss.

This isn't about discrimination. It's about forcing society to accept a lifestyle that a very large portion doesn't.

For me, I don't give a crap what you want to do in your bedroom. Just leave it there. And if I was one of those bakers or florists, I'd take the money and let them wonder why the cake tasted like poo.....LMAO!

What is this all about?

i am hoping Minneapolis will host some B!G championship games, especially when the new $1 billion Vikings stadium opens

the new stadium opens in 2016 and will host the 2018 Super Bowl and the 2019 Final Four

Why should a business owner be forced to participate in what they believe is a sin? Why would a gay couple want to force a baker or florist to make them a cake or furnish flower arrangements for their wedding? There are plenty of businesses that will take their money without a fuss.

This isn't about discrimination. It's about forcing society to accept a lifestyle that a very large portion doesn't.

For me, I don't give a crap what you want to do in your bedroom. Just leave it there. And if I was one of those bakers or florists, I'd take the money and let them wonder why the cake tasted like poo.....LMAO!

First, business owners who refuse service based on something like that are really dumb business people. Second, Indiana is going to lose a ton of money thanks to this law as several major corporations are planning to move their business elsewhere. You might not think it's about discrimination, but a few really big businesses certainly do.

Originally posted by StormHawk42:

First, business owners who refuse service based on something like that are really dumb business people. Second, Indiana is going to lose a ton of money thanks to this law as several major corporations are planning to move their business elsewhere. You might not think it's about discrimination, but a few really big businesses certainly do.
I disagree. The businesses that have said they would "consider" leaving, are making statements based on national PR. The law in question has been on the books in Indiana for 20 years.

As for business people doing business based on their religious principles, well it's been going on for a very long time and been very prosperous for a large part of this country. Can you say Chik-fila? Winner winner chicken dinner. They know how to beat the rabble rousers in this game.

OMG you liberals have a mental disorder. Screw the bigotry you have against the religious, right. The heck with the constitution because your belief is only the correct way to think.

Gee let's let a kkk member inter a black owned baker and demand he decorate an image of a hanging black person. Idiots!

I disagree. The businesses that have said they would "consider" leaving, are making statements based on national PR. The law in question has been on the books in Indiana for 20 years.

As for business people doing business based on their religious principles, well it's been going on for a very long time and been very prosperous for a large part of this country. Can you say Chik-fila? Winner winner chicken dinner. They know how to beat the rabble rousers in this game.
Don't wanna turn this into a political topic on the bball board, but Gen Con is likely to leave which is a $50 million business for the state and Salesforce has pretty much stopped business in the state. I would also bet this law will cost Indy from hosting another Final 4 in the near future (aside from next week obviously).

That's all I'll say for the sake of the rest of the board not having to read political banter.

Don't wanna turn this into a political topic on the bball board, but Gen Con is likely to leave which is a $50 million business for the state and Salesforce has pretty much stopped business in the state. I would also bet this law will cost Indy from hosting another Final 4 in the near future (aside from next week obviously).

That's all I'll say for the sake of the rest of the board not having to read political banter.

Correct, the NCAA is already considering no more Tournament games in Indiana. And based on some comments folks need to read what the law was meant to do...but that won't happen people will just run to their usual think like me news channel. And yes, this is a sports forum so I won't say more either.

This is my last reply on this. This again is the liberal mafia at work. Their are at least 31 other states with some type religious freedom laws and I'm sure no one even new. Why? Because it is not anti Gay. Get over it faciasts.

Originally posted by youflog1hawk:
OMG you liberals have a mental disorder. Screw the bigotry you have against the religious, right. The heck with the constitution because your belief is only the correct way to think.

Gee let's let a kkk member inter a black owned baker and demand he decorate an image of a hanging black person. Idiots!
WHAT???? Let's put it this way. No "liberal" anti-religious person has showed up on doorstep and tried to convince me that atheism is the way to go. However, in the last month I have had both Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormon missionaries come to bother me at my house and on my own personal property. I don't think any of us are proposing to throw out any documents and especially not the Constitution.

However, it appears your documents may tell you the correct way to think and they also apparently tell you how to think for the rest of us as well.

This is my last reply on this. This again is the liberal mafia at work. Their are at least 31 other states with some type religious freedom laws and I'm sure no one even new. Why? Because it is not anti Gay. Get over it faciasts.
Wow. You should sue your grade school for incompetence. I assume you never made it through high school or I would say the same thing for it, too.

Do you think Chik Fil A refuses service to people that it considers "sinners?" Like I said... stupid business practice.

Why do you feel there needs to be additional laws which burden this country? The only the regarding religion that is appropriate is the 1st and 14th amendments.

Remember when a very large portion didn't accept African-Americans? Yeah, to hehl with civil rights!

Infringing upon a person's religion here would be requiring a person to practice homosexuality. Requiring a person to serve a homosexual does not infringe upon the server's religion. This is not hard, folks.

Originally posted by markfromj:
Infringing upon a person's religion here would be requiring a person to practice homosexuality. Requiring a person to serve a homosexual does not infringe upon the server's religion. This is not hard, folks.
Those posting this crap are not rocket scientists. They are probably grade school drop-outs based on their (lack of ) ability to write an intelligible sentence.

Remember when a very large portion didn't accept African-Americans? Yeah, to hehl with civil rights!

So you're equating being black to being gay? Not even close.

Discrimination comes in many forms whether it is race or sexual orientation.

Originally posted by Clonewithasigh:

Yes it does. But all discrimination isn't outlawed. Where persons have no choice, race, creed, gender, etc are fine. Who someone chooses to have sex with shouldn't fall under this category, IMO. Sexual preference isn't something you can look at someone and know.

Originally posted by
How could one believe that bigotry and exclusion is a good business plan
Who someone chooses to have sex with shouldn't fall under this category, IMO.
How do you know homosexuals are having sex?

It never ceases to amuse me how religious folk like to pick which sins are greater than others. We should all have to fill out a sin questionnaire before business transactions just to make sure we're pure enough to buy goods from someone.

Didn't honor your father or mother back in 1992? No soup for you!

You all realize there are 19 states with religious freedom laws, including Illinois, so I guess Chicago is out. And there is a federal religious freedom law. The hyperbole surrounding the Indiana law is a joke.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by SCHawkFan:
You all realize there are 19 states with religious freedom laws, including Illinois, so I guess Chicago is out. And there is a federal religious freedom law. The hyperbole surrounding the Indiana law is a joke.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Homosexuals aren't a protected class in Indiana, which makes this law different from the other states.

Originally posted by Clonewithasigh:

Yes it does. But all discrimination isn't outlawed. Where persons have no choice, race, creed, gender, etc are fine. Who someone chooses to have sex with shouldn't fall under this category, IMO. Sexual preference isn't something you can look at someone and know.
Than why should it be ok to discriminate if you can't tell?

Originally posted by Urohawk:

WHAT???? Let's put it this way. No "liberal" anti-religious person has showed up on doorstep and tried to convince me that atheism is the way to go. However, in the last month I have had both Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormon missionaries come to bother me at my house and on my own personal property. I don't think any of us are proposing to throw out any documents and especially not the Constitution.

However, it appears your documents may tell you the correct way to think and they also apparently tell you how to think for the rest of us as well.
Not remotely true. You can't watch any program today without some liberal shill pushing their evolutionary religion on you. Evolution is a state sponsored religion and no one asked the rest of us if we wanted to fund that fraud. No matter what anyone's opinion, Life will never ever be able to create itself. Ever.

As for this law, it's not the least bit bigoted....unless yr a brainwashed liberal. If some Klansmen walked into a T shirt store and told the gay owner that he wanted 1000 shirts that says "All gays should be shot", shouldn't the owner have the right to tell them to go pound sand??? Or should he be bullied, like those lesbians did to that bakery that forced them to close (way to go HomoNazis) because their values would have been compromised? Those two could have went to any other bakery but they didn't. Their goal was to screw over people that these lesbians were intolerant of. If those two idiots hadn't pulled that crap, then maybe this law wouldn't have been necessary. As for the hopelessly corrupt NCAA, they can go hang w/ their liberal agenda crap.

Originally posted by like-woahh:
It never ceases to amuse me how religious folk like to pick which sins are greater than others. We should all have to fill out a sin questionnaire before business transactions just to make sure we're pure enough to buy goods from someone.

Didn't honor your father or mother back in 1992? No soup for you!
Save it. If you don't have believe in God, what you're really saying is that you believe that Life created itself which is a mathematical and scientific impossibility. You have FAITH that Life created itself, making you VERY religious.

Better not move it to Chicago, Illinois has a similar law, along with 18 other states, and have had for years. Another reminder, unfortunately, of how divided we've become in this country.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT