ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Sorensen ends four year AA drought at 149

165 ouch... hopefully that changes next year. Going to have to have someone step-up bigtime.

Good article and chart. I know the article was about Sorensen, but my takeaway was how badly I miss that 2010 lineup with 8 AAs, 5 finalists and 3 champs. They likely would've beaten this year's team (which was a very good dual team) 6 wins to 2, with 2 swing matches (133 & 157). Interesting to ponder a dual meet in which Gilman, Clark, Sorensen, Evans & Brooks all lose.

Good article and chart. I know the article was about Sorensen, but my takeaway was how badly I miss that 2010 lineup with 8 AAs, 5 finalists and 3 champs. They likely would've beaten this year's team (which was a very good dual team) 6 wins to 2, with 2 swing matches (133 & 157). Interesting to ponder a dual meet in which Gilman, Clark, Sorensen, Evans & Brooks all lose.

Depending on the time of year they wrestled, the 2010 team could legitimately shut out the 2015 team.

McDonough dec. Gilman 3-0 Gilman has heart, but I don't think this match would be close
Dennis dec. Clark 6-0 Clark looked great at NCAA's but a regular season dual he loses to Dennis.
Marion Mdec. Dziewa 10-0 Not a good matchup for Dziewa, ala L. Mayes.
Metcalf Mdec. Sorenson 14-0 Sorenson is hard to score on, but this is Metcalf we are talking about!
Kerr/Janssen dec Kelly 17-0 Toss up. I would favor Kelly but he could easily lose that one.
Morningstar dec. Moore 20-0 Morningstar wins on 5 secs RT.
Borschel dec. Evans 23-0 Would be very interesting to see if Evans could slow Borschel down.
Keddy dec. Brooks 26-0 Both had to deal with injuries. Still, got to go with the Senior.
Beatty dec. Burak 29-0 The least likely win for the shutout. Burak would be favored but Beatty was scrappy.
Erekson dec. Telford 32-0 Telford would be a very slight favorite.

I wouldn't expect a shut out but I wouldn't be overly surprised by any of the wins above.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT