ADVERTISEMENT

Bring back Gable

brilliant-guiness.gif

Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

And we complain that Tom is behind the times and needs a modern approach... Gable is obviously a legend, but that eras training/winning is OVER

Hopefully this post is just to get some fun gif responses. 😂

This is totally false. What Gable was best at is motivating wrestlers and making adjustments as the season progressed. You could tell that he simple refused to be out coached .... EVER.
If Gable had it in him, he would turn it around.
Haters can laugh, the guy knows how to get it done.
Obviously it's not happening, he may be the only one that could get it done short term.
Gable is way smarter than he was 30 years ago.

Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

And we complain that Tom is behind the times and needs a modern approach... Gable is obviously a legend, but that eras training/winning is OVER

Hopefully this post is just to get some fun gif responses.
Underestimating Gable would be hazardous to your health.
I'd take him in a second if he was up to it.
He would hire the right people.
Cael is a legend, Gable is a legend.
Every kid that wrestles on the planet knows who Dan Gable is and they also know Cael.
They would come to wrestle for Dan Gable, he would get top recruits too.

Last edited:
Underestimating Gable would be hazardous to your health.
I'd take him in a second if he was up to it.
He would hire the right people.
Cael is becoming a legend, Gable is a legend.
Every kid that wrestles on the planet knows who Dan Gable is and they also know Cael.
They would come to wrestle for Dan Gable, he would get top recruits too.
Cael is already a legend

Gable can't fix these issues. The game is different. Cael got a huge jump on it, and Iowa will not adjust.

Gable can't fix these issues. The game is different. Cael got a huge jump on it, and Iowa will not adjust.
I disagree, if Gable would take it on , he could. First thing Gable would do is make adjustments. TnT won't adjust.

Dan Gable is 75. Let him enjoy what he has earned with what time he has left.
We all know there is an extremely low probability that Gable comes back to coach.
Gable is wired way differently than most people. Heck, I'm not so certain he wouldn't enjoy the opportunity to coach at Iowa again.
Dan Gable is 75 years young, not 75 years old.

Reactions: lookleft goright
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT