ADVERTISEMENT

Cameron Brink with the Save

hawkod

HR All-State
Apr 6, 2007
This photo not possible:

without this video:

fall will GIF

Pedestrians struck by vehicles continues to rise. Drivers texting and pedestrians have their nose buried in a phone. I have multiple younger neighbors who walk the neighborhood, always looking down at their phone. Older folks like us, walk the dog and enjoy nature around us. Sad how addicted people get to that little device.

Pedestrians struck by vehicles continues to rise. Drivers texting and pedestrians have their nose buried in a phone. I have multiple younger neighbors who walk the neighborhood, always looking down at their phone. Older folks like us, walk the dog and enjoy nature around us. Sad how addicted people get to that little device.
Have you considered that young people on their phones out on a walk are responding to work emails, where work mobility is allowing for leisure mobility?

• Haha
Reactions: ddeanHawk
Old people are awful with their phones. Don't kid yourself.

Old people are awful with their phones. Don't kid yourself.
This is true. Honestly, my wife's parents are way more into social media and such than we are. Frankly, I only check it (not including HORT) once a week or so, if that. Makes sense if you don't have as much going on and you are looking to stay "connected," or at least entertained.

Reactions: Bishop-71
She was probably just checking how much her bank account jumped since she last checked it.
Fraud alert asking if she’d accept a zillion dollar deposit from Nike.
That or Prada asking if she’d like her outfit delivered with champagne or caviar?

Have you considered that young people on their phones out on a walk are responding to work emails, where work mobility is allowing for leisure mobility?
There is nothing so critical that you can't take a 1/2 hour to get away from your phone on a walk. I have never used social media except linked in for business. I check that occasionally to check on my associates in the industry that are still working

There is nothing so critical that you can't take a 1/2 hour to get away from your phone on a walk. I have never used social media except linked in for business. I check that occasionally to check on my associates in the industry that are still working
I can't not check emails when the come in. You never know when one might be critical. Comes with the job. With that being said, I mostly agree with you.

Not for one second would I consider that - it is hard enough to keep them off their phones when they actually have a desk.

I think the no. 1 rule is to be aware of your surroundings and who is near you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT