ADVERTISEMENT

Cedar Rapids - what causes that smell?

Closer to 10 hours to Denver or 11 to Dallas. Not that I'd want to go to either. Skiing adds 2 more hours to the trip. All the Great Lakes, all the murderous big MW cities, ( Chicago, StL, Memphis, Detroit, Mpls, even Pittsburgh and Cleveland ) are all closer to the Athens of the Midwest, than Denver is to DM.

I guess it depends on how fast you drive. But your post is spot on

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Hmm. I worked in the downtown area for years and never once smelled the sewage treatment plant.
Used to be Pinnick & Ford (ADM now?) when I lived there.
Wife used to live down by the little park growing up. Said there were days they didn't go outside for the smell.
Quaker and the Colonial bread places were the best smells back in the 50's & 60's.

The only thing wrong with Mt. Trashmore is the name. They badly need to change it. I'm assuming it started as a lame joke that the city decided to run with because it fits with the general hokey-ness of the state.
Well that and the location, somewhat in the middle of town and right next to the river on what otherwise would be a really nice chunk of land. At least IC put theirs a few miles outside of town. It's a perfect symbol of Cedar Crapids though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT