ADVERTISEMENT

Commits???

IOU1

HR All-State
Nov 1, 2007
Does Iowa really still have just the 2 commits listed on the main page, or am I missing something on the new site? Seems like they offer 1-2 new guys every day, the new facilities are done, the Spring Game has passed and still no word on any recruits. I'm not one to get too bent out of shape on recruiting at this point, but I have to admit that our lack of commits is somewhat troubling. Just wondering if I am missing something.

The OnIowa podcast discussed this. Their opinion is that it is not time to panic, but if they aren't up to 6+ by the end of June, then its time to panic.

Reactions: 39HISMN
Does Iowa really still have just the 2 commits listed on the main page, or am I missing something on the new site? Seems like they offer 1-2 new guys every day, the new facilities are done, the Spring Game has passed and still no word on any recruits. I'm not one to get too bent out of shape on recruiting at this point, but I have to admit that our lack of commits is somewhat troubling. Just wondering if I am missing something.
its still early.
b10
iu 1 commit
purdue 1 commit
rutgers 4 commit
wisconsin 4 commit
nebraska 4 commit
nw 3 commit

Once some of the top kids start committing, the scholarship offers at their schools will no longer be available for the other guys, causing them to make their commitments.
It won't surprise me if we see 5 or 6 kids commit within a week.

Leftovers can be damn good if you're pulling them out of Ohio, Georgia, or the Big 3. Definitely don't want the leftovers out of South Dakota, though.

I think Iowa has signed 3 players out of South Dakota under the current staff, and 2 of them have gone on to be 1st round draft picks.

It's not exactly a sterling argument that you have presented here.

I think Iowa has signed 3 players out of South Dakota under the current staff, and 2 of them have gone on to be 1st round draft picks.

R Reiff and Greenway were the Gatorade State Player Of the Year award winners. Not exactly "leftovers", correct? B Reiff might be considered a "leftover" considering the state's best player went to Ohio State, and the 2nd rated kid went to South Dakota State....

Reactions: FlintTown

Did you say you wern
Did you say your not one to get bent out of shape? I sounds like that's just what your doing. Getting bent out of shape eight months before signing day.

Well by that definition, Iowa has never taken a "leftover" from S Dakota then, have they?

Either way, it was a retarded point to even try and make, and you're just enabling his retardation.
Well by that definition, Iowa has never taken a "leftover" from S Dakota then, have they?

Either way, it was a retarded point to even try and make, and you're just enabling his retardation.
Maybe he isn't a fan of Matthew VandeBerg?

We should be extremely happy if we get the best out of SD in the '16 class. And it looks like we have a shot.

Huh? I wasn't aware my statement was even debatable. A little math and common sense would suggest South Dakota has fewer D-1 players than elsewhere.

The last couple of years Iowa had relatively a lot of early commits, which was unusual compared to prior years.

There sure are a lot of worry-warts on here. By the time next Feb rolls around Iowa will have another full class of recruits. They do every year. Whether it is at 2 now or 11, the full class will be there in the end. Fans can not get wrapped up in all this day-to-day stuff. The coaching staff has a plan. let them do their jobs and earn their money.

The football has a funny way of bouncing, and you take the good with the bad, and you win some and you lose some. This applies to recruiting as well. :D

There sure are a lot of worry-warts on here. By the time next Feb rolls around Iowa will have another full class of recruits. They do every year. Whether it is at 2 now or 11, the full class will be there in the end. Fans can not get wrapped up in all this day-to-day stuff. The coaching staff has a plan. let them do their jobs and earn their money.

The football has a funny way of bouncing, and you take the good with the bad, and you win some and you lose some. This applies to recruiting as well. :D

The only person that needs to worry is Mark Farley.

you people do more damage to recruiting than you care to admit. by hollering for KF and his staff to be fired constantly, other coaches use that against KF in recruiting, not many recruits especially top rated recruits will commit to a school that the future of the current staff is in doubt.

you people do more damage to recruiting than you care to admit. by hollering for KF and his staff to be fired constantly, other coaches use that against KF in recruiting, not many recruits especially top rated recruits will commit to a school that the future of the current staff is in doubt.

You can't not believe KF must soon produce or he should be out the door, there's too much smoke to not have any fire. There's plenty of things to use against Iowa but it starts at the top.

You can't not believe KF must soon produce or he should be out the door, there's too much smoke to not have any fire. There's plenty of things to use against Iowa but it starts at the top.
really using {can't not} together? the only smoke is by clueless posters on a message board. the big money booster are the ones to pay attention to as they are the real holders of the purse strings, My niece work for a major booster and he is content with the way the program and the way is improving, on occasion he allows my niece to use his luxury box and she is looking for handicap parking close by so she can take me.

those are the people that matter. attendance is down at over 90% of colleges across the country. last year and the year before student ticket sales have declined. the problem is there are fewer native Iowan that have been enrolling so there are fewer Iowans with that native draw to go to games.

Barta knows this better than any of these posters on here who use declining attendance just like they deliberately leave out the fact that attendance is dropping elsewhere. last year in the MSU vs O$U game there were empty seat all over the stadium and the BT East title was still up for grabs.

If ferentz doesn't start producing, he should be gone. I don't know who will do better, it's not my job. I'd like to think BB could, maybe one of the Stoops brothers, or if we get lucky, maybe a Scott Frost type coach to bring a bit of a style of play the fans want to see.

Kilroy, you have to see that even if you think he's a good coach.

really using {can't not} together? You can't be serious as a grammer police now can you? the only smoke is by clueless posters on a message board. the big money booster are the ones to pay attention to as they are the real holders of the purse strings, My niece work for a major booster and he is content with the way the program and the way is improving, on occasion he allows my niece to use his luxury box and she is looking for handicap parking close by so she can take me.

those are the people that matter. attendance is down at over 90% of colleges across the country.Proof? last year and the year before student ticket sales have declined. the problem is there are fewer native Iowan that have been enrolling so there are fewer Iowans with that native draw to go to games. Now here's a new one!

Barta knows this better than any of these posters on here who use declining attendance just like they deliberately leave out the fact that attendance is dropping elsewhere. last year in the MSU vs O$U game there were empty seat all over the stadium and the BT East title was still up for grabs.

Face it, you ALWAYS come up with some sugar coat pulling crap out of the air. There is NO WAY the program is on solid ground, the entire United States knows that if they even care to look yet you continue to keep your head in the sand and proven wrong 9 times out of 10. All you are is morbid entertainment, like making fun of the village idiot!

really using {can't not} together? the only smoke is by clueless posters on a message board. the big money booster are the ones to pay attention to as they are the real holders of the purse strings, My niece work for a major booster and he is content with the way the program and the way is improving, on occasion he allows my niece to use his luxury box and she is looking for handicap parking close by so she can take me.

those are the people that matter. attendance is down at over 90% of colleges across the country. last year and the year before student ticket sales have declined. the problem is there are fewer native Iowan that have been enrolling so there are fewer Iowans with that native draw to go to games.

Kirk Ferentz wishes you would just stop posting.

Reactions: HerkyHopeful
Still toiling away on those overgrown and weedy fairways, Joe? The only 'crap' being pulled out of the air would be from someone that spends way too much time on an Iowa message board trying oh so hard to convince anyone else that he is (k)nowledgeable about anything football related. Why don't you just change your screen id to Joe CRAP and be done with it because you are not fooling anyone here.

Get back on that tractor, Joe and stop wasting your employer's time and money.

Kilroy the grammar police? It really doesn't work for you at all.o_O

Still toiling away on those overgrown and weedy fairways, Joe? The only 'crap' being pulled out of the air would be from someone that spends way too much time on an Iowa message board trying oh so hard to convince anyone else that he is (k)nowledgeable about anything football related. Why don't you just change your screen id to Joe CRAP and be done with it because you are not fooling anyone here.

Get back on that tractor, Joe and stop wasting your employer's time and money.

Got you fooled if you think I work for anyone! :D

Hmmm.... Let me put myself in the shoes of a recruited player.... Do I base my decision on some disgruntled message board posters or do I look at style of play, winning, having a swagger in the program(bullies of the Big Ten vs we are just lowly Iowa), I can use social media with my family and friends, embracing change while maintaining consistent core values, where do I live, what do I eat and how often will I get laid. Does the grumbling help? Nope. Take care of the other things and recruits will not care about a message board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT