ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats do David Johnson

ThatsFootball

HR All-State
Jan 3, 2015
Seems like a good kid from Iowa and proved he was top billing for running backs in the state. Good to see him get picked so early in the draft.

Was waiting for theIowaHawk to start this thread, but don't see that happening. Can't wait to hear how much he has changed since our last discussion on Johnson.

So Iowa used a FB as a RB for three years while David Johnson, from KF's backyard, prospered at UNI and you're calling posters names for pointing this out. Well done. (You're not really Chris White, are you? ;))

Wouldn't have fit in at Iowa. Doesn't block well.
Laughable. I think it was Balla and there were plenty of others who pegged him a 5th round choice, or worse. Dude is a steal where he was picked. Sticky it!

Seems like a good kid from Iowa and proved he was top billing for running backs in the state. Good to see him get picked so early in the draft.

Was waiting for theIowaHawk to start this thread, but don't see that happening. Can't wait to hear how much he has changed since our last discussion on Johnson.
Lol, remember when the claims were he'd be first/2nd round? Good stuff. Let's see what he can do.

Lol, remember when the claims were he'd be first/2nd round? Good stuff. Let's see what he can do.
Haha, yep, knew you would start making stuff up. Sure didn't disappoint. Not a single person in said thread ever said he would be first or second round. Come to think of it, I'm not sure if anyone was brave enough to say he would go in the third.

Can't wait to see what you "remember" being said in that thread tomorrow. Probably come up with something along the line of "next Walter Payton" or something.

But honestly, can you at least man up enough and admit that you were dead wrong about him not being as good as any of the Iowa RBs? Or are you still holding on to that idea?

Keep revising the thread history, it should still be around here...something I've pointed out numerous times.

Not sure if it was you, but the thread also claimed he was, arguably, the greatest high school running back in Iowa history...then they cited the fact he played in Clinton as a factor.

As I said, we will see how he does, he clearly was a very good FCS running back, and made a few good catches against Iowa, although he couldn't break s single impressive run. Good luck to him.

Keep revising the thread history,1) it should still be around here...something I've pointed out numerous times.

2) Not sure if it was you, but the thread also claimed he was, arguably, the greatest high school running back in Iowa history...then they cited the fact he played in Clinton as a factor.

3) As I said, we will see how he does, he clearly was a very good FCS running back, and made a few good catches against Iowa, although he couldn't break s single impressive run. Good luck to him.

1) And as I've pointed out to you numerous times, the thread is no longer in the system as there was a lack on dedicated serves for storing old threads (which is a good thing for you when you consider how much of the conversation you continue to make up). Looks like Tom was able to pull some additional old threads from the switchover to the new site, but only appear to go back to the disastrous bowl game. Lucky you...

2) Sure wasn't me, as I'd never heard of the kid, let alone see him play, until he was at UNI.

3) I guess this is as close as you are capable to admitting you were wrong. It's ok though, I, NFL teams, and every other reasonably unbiased person who watched the teams play knew he was the best RB in the state last year. I'm guessing those NFL evaluators had some better analysis than "pretty good for an FCS guy, but he didn't break any runs against Iowa and only had a few good catches against them, so lets see how he does".

I'm not sure how he would have done at Iowa but I wish we could have had the opportunity to find out. I was always in the camp that thought we should have offered him out of high school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT