ADVERTISEMENT

Cooper “DeJawn”

Mountain Man Hawk

HR Heisman
Gold Member
Mar 30, 2010
I see on twitter this has become a common nickname among Philly fans. I clicked on a bunch of them but nobody ever seems to explain what it means. Is there anyone here that is familiar with Philly slang that can explain it to me?

Here is one example to show what I’m talking about but if you search “Cooper DeJawn” on twitter there are tons of other posts.

I also see a lot of “Cooper Sharp DeJawn” which I also don’t understand.

Jawn is a Philly word that they basically substitute in for anything. Like "You going to that baseball Jawn tomorrow?", That jawn is whack.", etc

They basically throw it around willy nilly. So the fact that Cooper DeJean's name is so close, it's a natural substitute.

If he makes a play I'm sure the sentence. "That's my DeJawn" will be uttered.

Jawn is a Philly word that they basically substitute in for anything. Like "You going to that baseball Jawn tomorrow?", That jawn is whack.", etc

They basically throw it around willy nilly. So the fact that Cooper DeJean's name is so close, it's a natural substitute.

If he makes a play I'm sure the sentence. "That's my DeJawn" will be uttered.
This. It’s derived from “joint.”

I see on twitter this has become a common nickname among Philly fans. I clicked on a bunch of them but nobody ever seems to explain what it means. Is there anyone here that is familiar with Philly slang that can explain it to me?

Here is one example to show what I’m talking about but if you search “Cooper DeJawn” on twitter there are tons of other posts.

I also see a lot of “Cooper Sharp DeJawn” which I also don’t understand.

Think mustard.

Maybe it's just a play on the name Jean,.. as in Jean-Claude VanDamm, Jean-Paul Sarte, or Jean-Michel Basquiat...

I dislike the cowboys and love it when philly and the 49ers and anybody can beat them , so I hope cooper returns four or five kicks-punts for TD's against them. in one game. new rules for NFL kicking { or maybe it's punts} I dunno have not reviewed them

French pronunciation--or close to it--of Jean.

valjean.gif

I dislike the cowboys and love it when philly and the 49ers and anybody can beat them , so I hope cooper returns four or five kicks-punts for TD's against them. in one game. new rules for NFL kicking { or maybe it's punts} I dunno have not reviewed them

That’s fine and as someone who lives in Dallas can attest, thr fans can be annoying but Philly fans are nasty, classless, shitbags.

• Haha
Reactions: Rambler Hawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT