ADVERTISEMENT

Dale Jones

Originally posted by Hawk_4shur:
Originally posted by kwik44:
Was down by the facilities.....Mr. Jones strikes up a conversation with a black-haired flamenco dancer...

Posted from Rivals Mobile
Oh, yeah. Pass me a bottle, Mr. Jones
When everybody loves you, son, that's just about as funky as you can be.

I understand the worry about a lack of size, but I think we are going to RUN, RUN, RUN. Fran finally has a team built for it.

I look at the roster this way:

1: Gesell, Clemons
1-2(-3): Williams
2: Ellingson
2-3: Jok, Moss, Flemming
3: Hutton
3-4: Uthoff, Uhl,
4-5: Jones, Wagner
5: Woodbury

I'm only guessing, but with that flexible roster, I'm thinking we want to press and run more like Louisville and VCU. We were slow for Coach last year, this year we may try to go faster than we ever have.

Last edited:
Originally posted by seer_hawk:

Originally posted by Lone Clone:

Originally posted by Kurt Warner:
Who all has offered jones?
According to Rivals, Iowa.
I think it's a little harder to get an accurate read on JUCO's, since for the most part they are on a shorter recruiting cycle, and many don't make visits, or sign until Spring. I'll give you an example of an impressive JUCO who's offer list looks lacking. In 2011 we started hearing of a JUCO prospect named Pierre Jackson somewhere between February and April. After an impressive showing in the playoff's he secured offers from Iowa, Baylor, and Creighton. He made 2 quick visits to Creighton and Baylor, and committed to Baylor before an Iowa visit. How many schools tried to get involved? Rivals shows 3 offers.

Per someone who knows the Tyler HC (a reputable Lounge member), and Tom K many schools were inquiring about Jones, but he was sold on Iowa so we got the visit, and his commitment. That doesn't mean Iowa was his only potential high major offer.
That's entirely possible, and you make valid points. Also, the kid being from Waterloo obviously is a factor; may have grown up a Hawk fan. You may end up retiring his number. They may write songs about him. Fans may name their children after him. I have no idea.

Somebody asked who had offered him, and I had just been to the Rivals site, so I answered.

UCLA wanted in and ended up with his teammate. Mn wanted in but were too late. I think Marquis helps his guys find a good situation then they go that way unless they find out what they are being told is not true.

UCLA wanted in and ended up with his teammate. Mn wanted in but were too late. I think Marquis helps his guys find a good situation then they go that way unless they find out what they are being told is not true.
This would explain how UCLA got in on Ike, a recruit you wouldn't think they'd have interest in, in the first place.

Based on what I've read lately Marquis does like to steer his players, but I'm not sure I see Ikenna as a good fit for UCLA. If we cooled on him how is he going to get playing time at UCLA?

Good pick up. I hope he really hits the gym this off season. We could use some more scoring.

Based on what I've read lately Marquis does like to steer his players, but I'm not sure I see Ikenna as a good fit for UCLA. If we cooled on him how is he going to get playing time at UCLA?

Yeah I'm not sure how he'll work out either although there is speculation he could redshirt out there. The fact is UCLA lost out on a 5* big man to UNLV last week and I'm sure Ike was the Plan B.

If DJ can break into the starting lineup as a 4, we'll prob have 3 seniors and 2 juniors starting. I like the possibilities!

DJ seems like a very good addition. Anyone know if he is really 6'8"? We need all the size we can get:)

I saw a Tyler team picture and while not precise by any means he looked to be virtually the same height as Okwarabizie who is listed at 6'10". If "Ike's" height is reasonably accurate, and accounting for the camera angle, I could see Jones being a legitimate 6'8".

Now, it's always possible they used the same measuring standards as used with Greg Brunner and he's somewhere between 6'4" and 6'11".

I think he's as legit a 6'8" as anybody in college basketball. But I thought that by the looks of him 220 lbs might be on the low side. The thing to do is call him 6'9" and 235 and it's settled.

The Sleeping Dog...
Lets just hope Mr. Jones is not a thin man.

Alright, finally a creative song reference!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT