ADVERTISEMENT

Damond Powell Shot

Are you suggesting JR was the shooter? Undershot him?

(Disclaimer: No way would I ever joke about this if he had been seriously injured)

Yes, just playing off the long-standing fan frustration as to how little we used him.

(And, yes, I would never have posted a thing if the injury had been serious...I was relying without confirmation on the earlier post about "just grazing him".)

I would say he's one of the most wasted assets in Kirk's tenure. He had the speed we desired for so long the tandem of GD & Kirk threw it away. What a waste.

Powell just wasn't a good football player. He didn't catch many balls at juco, and Iowa was one of his only offers. He never displayed the ability to run any pattern other than a go route.

Powell just wasn't a good football player. He didn't catch many balls at juco, and Iowa was one of his only offers. He never displayed the ability to run any pattern other than a go route.

No way. I'm sure he would have won three Heisman trophies in one year alone if he had any other coach in the country besides Kirk. I know because I was at every single practice

ADVERTISEMENT