ADVERTISEMENT

Davis and Kennedy

MattFoleyHawk

HR All-State
Dec 10, 2014
People don't think I ever question KF on anything. I don't on most of the stuff that the whiner trolls are always harping about, but I have questioned Davis pretty much from day one. I don't think he is the right fit which is probably why KF gave his son more control of the run game. How long does he run this failed experiment? I don't see how Beathard is going to do any better under this system. And I haven't seen any improvement from the receivers since they brought his boy Kennedy in. We were made to think the problem was the receiver coach wasn't on the same page as Davis. Well I don't know what page they're on now, but the receivers have digressed in my opinion. But what really made me start this thread was they (especially Kennedy) were supposed to give us a Texas pipeline. Well they have not only received no commitments from Texas thus far, those two haven't got a commitment from anyone, period.

Woods hasn't brought anyone in yet either, but they have him recruiting some really tough areas for Iowa to get into, especially Georgia, so I'll cut him some slack.

Reactions: TankHawk
To Kennedy's credit, he did bring in a few guys last year-Garbutt,Jinning,Ogwo, and Smith. Ellis and Jackson the year before. Davis's claim to fame so far during his tenure is the one and only.....Nic Shimonek. ....I'm just listing the Tx recruits they personally recruited. I know Davis tried to teach Woods the ropes when he was beginning to shed his training wheels on the recruiting trail.....Think that resulted in AJ Jones and Jyaz Jones( until he switched to CSU? and eventually ended up at a Juco).

To Kennedy's credit, he did bring in a few guys last year-Garbutt,Jinning,Ogwo, and Smith. Ellis and Jackson the year before. Davis's claim to fame so far during his tenure is the one and only.....Nic Shimonek. ....I'm just listing the Tx recruits they personally recruited. I know Davis tried to teach Woods the ropes when he was beginning to shed his training wheels on the recruiting trail.....Think that resulted in AJ Jones and Jyaz Jones( until he switched to CSU? and eventually ended up at a Juco).
Valid point. I, like many, get frustrated with this offense but I blame Davis, not KF. KF's not one to throw people under the bus and to change coaches like underwear. Would like to see some consistent results in Texas, not just one year, don't you think? He may still pull a couple out of there and make me wrong. I'm ok with that.

I wouldn't argue that Davis was a great hire. The results have been mixed so far.

That said, maybe Beathard is the right type of QB to better implement the offense Davis likes to run. I don't know, just speculating.

Valid point. I, like many, get frustrated with this offense but I blame Davis, not KF. KF's not one to throw people under the bus and to change coaches like underwear. Would like to see some consistent results in Texas, not just one year, don't you think? He may still pull a couple out of there and make me wrong. I'm ok with that.

???????????? You blame Davis and NOT Kirk? Really? I respect your opinion but how can you say this is not on Kirk? Kirk hired him. Kirk has tolerated his performance. In the business world the boss owns the problem. Kirk owns this. It will likely be the end of Kirk, but it's Kirk's fault.

Digress? Lol.... Kennedy is the highest paid non coordinator receiver coach in the conference.

I think you need to look at the offensive stats and rankings between KOK & GDM before you start posting stuff that you want to be true.

I am no Davis lover but he is taking the fall as did KOK for the fans frustration with the state of the program that Kirk is being paid 4 mill to run. The buck stops at the top and always has. Only at Iowa can it be everyone else's fault except the guy that gets paid the big bucks for the results.

People don't think I ever question KF on anything. I don't on most of the stuff that the whiner trolls are always harping about, but I have questioned Davis pretty much from day one. I don't think he is the right fit which is probably why KF gave his son more control of the run game. How long does he run this failed experiment? I don't see how Beathard is going to do any better under this system. And I haven't seen any improvement from the receivers since they brought his boy Kennedy in. We were made to think the problem was the receiver coach wasn't on the same page as Davis. Well I don't know what page they're on now, but the receivers have digressed in my opinion. But what really made me start this thread was they (especially Kennedy) were supposed to give us a Texas pipeline. Well they have not only received no commitments from Texas thus far, those two haven't got a commitment from anyone, period.

Woods hasn't brought anyone in yet either, but they have him recruiting some really tough areas for Iowa to get into, especially Georgia, so I'll cut him some slack.

Spot on. I am not sure exactly what type of offense we are... Except for being a no-huddle offense. I keep my fingers crossed some of these smaller and faster receivers will pan out. Maybe things will liven up a bit with CJ. It's confusing all the way around because our offense still seems to have not found an identity ...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT