ADVERTISEMENT

Des Moines Sports Talk Radio

mtdew_fever

HR Heisman
Jul 14, 2004
For those in the Des Moines area....what do you think of the local sports talk radio shows? Just curious on the Hawkeye point of view.

1460 AM's
- Morning Rush (Travis and Heather) - Travis just ruins it. Heather was born a Hawk and graduated as a Cyclone, but I think she's ok. Travis is an idiot and just ruins it.
- Afternoon Sports Fanatics (Peterson and Williams) - one Hawkeye and one Cyclone. I think they are pretty good and provide a mix of Cyclone and Hawkeye banter.

1700 AM - afternoon Marty/Miller - total joke. I can't stand them. Marty talks out of his ass and very little to back himself up.

Don't get to listen to as much as I used to. I do think the afternoon shows lean Cyclone. Love Murph and Andy but their lovefest with Hoiberg gets pretty tiresome, otherwise I think they're pretty even.

I don't hate C.Williams, but he is just overpowering on his show so Peterson doesn't really get to say much so by default, it's a Cyclone show, at least to me.

Haven't listened to the other two, although from their previous positions I think Heather is weak and Travis just isn't very smart.

I've heard all of them before, but not necessarily together in their current arrangements. I can't see how any of those crews would be listenable (is that a word?).

Edit - I actually like listening to Ken Miller, I just can't hardly stand listening to Marty. Far too many times in the past that he seems to take a contrary opinion just to be contrary, not because he believes what he's saying.

Reactions: mtdew_fever
Does anyone like Marty? The fact he has been a part of the sports talk scene in Iowa as long as he has doesn't speak well for us.

Reactions: NI hawk
ADVERTISEMENT