ADVERTISEMENT

Dylan Painter

CanadaHawk

HR All-American
Sep 22, 2006
We have yet another PF type offer: Dylan Painter out of Hershy, PA, about an hour from Philadelphia, a 6'9", 215lber. He's got the length and versatility that Fran loves. Can mix it up inside with nice hands, drive to the hoop, and good outside shot. Could work well with another bouncy guy inside.

Reactions: RAR-HAWK
I could see Painter as our Center. I really like his game, he's athletic for his size and can hit the 3. I'd prefer Painter rather than Benson. If Fran could finish off the class with Moore, Cook, and Painter I would be ecstatic.

Reactions: ndfbmac05
I was thinking the same thing, re: Painter v. Benson. But both of the videos I've seen have been from their sophomore years so things might have and will probably change. at that time, it appears that painter is the more athletic player and seems to know his way around the hoop.

I like his versatility and he shows a number of nifty low post moves.

I like his versatility and he shows a number of nifty low post moves.

Painter doesn't wow you with athleticism, but he has good hands and footwork for a young kid. He seems to do a good job of positioning himself well for rebounds and defense, and he will get stronger as he fills out. He also has a decent looking outside shot.

We have yet another PF type offer: Dylan Painter out of Hershy, PA, about an hour from Philadelphia, a 6'9", 215lber. He's got the length and versatility that Fran loves. Can mix it up inside with nice hands, drive to the hoop, and good outside shot. Could work well with another bouncy guy inside.
By his senior year he might be anywhere from 6' 10" to 7' 0" and anywhere from 225lbs to 240 lbs. Would be a nice get for us.

Reactions: nu2u
By his senior year he might be anywhere from 6' 10" to 7' 0" and anywhere from 225lbs to 240 lbs. Would be a nice get for us.
make-me-laugh-d884e93a2b0d0bcae52ee11e89e2c30c7c5f0a50-s51.jpg

I, too, like Painter as a center. Nifty moves around the bucket and a bit of a mean streak. He is not afraid to slam it. And he can step out and hit the jumper. Seems like a perfect fit for what McC is preaching.

Definitely more of a 5 than a 4. Good outside shot, decent athletic ability. Kind of gangly, like he's still growing. Probably the most obnoxious music ever.

If you liked his sophomore highlights, you will like his junior highlights a lot more. Definitely growing into his body and more explosive.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/751631/highlights/236462378/v2
:) Kid just needs to keep filling out and he could be very good! Can score inside and out, and has some nice moves around the basket. Seems to have a great feel for the game, good timing, sees the floor, and has very good hands. Could have a game much like Frank Kaminsky if he keeps improving.

..and McCaffery has prime real estate for sale - a B10 tournament team in dire need of replacing a 4-year starter at Center.

If you liked his sophomore highlights, you will like his junior highlights a lot more. Definitely growing into his body and more explosive.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/751631/highlights/236462378/v2
Wow! Does Iowa have a chance with this kid? He looks like the kind of player that could make a good team great. I hate getting my hopes up for this kind of athletic center only to watch teams like UNC or Duke come in and snatch them up.

Reactions: easy2
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Team Final 2016 F Dylan Painter (<a href="https://twitter.com/dpaint4234">@dpaint4234</a>) will visit Villanova on June 11th, and he plans on visiting Xavier &amp; Iowa at the end of June.</p>&mdash; Harrison Malkin (@HarrisonMalkin) <a href="">May 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wow! Does Iowa have a chance with this kid? He looks like the kind of player that could make a good team great. I hate getting my hopes up for this kind of athletic center only to watch teams like UNC or Duke come in and snatch them up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT