ADVERTISEMENT

EA Sports College Football 2025

I do realistic sports games like football and boxing, and some first person shooters like Gears of War and Star Wars Battlefront, oh and Red Dead by Rockstar. I stay clear of RPG, puke.
Red Dead is my all time favorite game/series because it is set in a realistic time. Same with GTA's because it is a city and you can drive around so it is semi realistic in that sense.
Never got into Gears or the Star Wars games. I guess the most unrealistic game I've ever enjoyed is South Park:Fractured But Whole

It's to a point that I can't even play EAFC. FM is just so good. I've done a couple National team saves and I'm doing my Manchester United save right now. I love the realistic situation of not being able to sell players because of their ridiculous salaries or they just refuse to go. If you follow Manchester United in real life, like I do, that is exactly what has been happening for years.

I also think it's free on the Xbox gamepass or whatever its called.
I'm not a huge soccer fan but have always enjoyed playing the games over the years. I always liked scouting young players and signing them. I heard the FIFA series has went way down since 2019, when I last played. I have game pass, is it worth it for me to try it. I like to sim but also play. Is it purely a sim game?

I'm not a huge soccer fan but have always enjoyed playing the games over the years. I always liked scouting young players and signing them. I heard the FIFA series has went way down since 2019, when I last played. I have game pass, is it worth it for me to try it. I like to sim but also play. Is it purely a sim game?
I would give it a shot. You don't play but you manage the team down to the minute details. I'm the manager of Man United. I have to send out scouts to find new talent, manage the youth, complete loans and transfers, and set my formation, instructions, set pieces, etc.

Then you start a game and can watch as little or as much as you want. I have it on extended highlights. During the game, you give shouts to players, adjust tactics, subs, etc. Players ratings matter and are more realistic than FIFA IMO.

Budgets, transfers, loans, rules are realistic. I'm trying to get rid of a lot of players because their wages are too high but other teams can't afford that. Just like in real life, I'm hoping Saudi Arabia will come in and buy players.

It's a perfect game for me because I'm 42 and don't want to pay money to be good like on FIFA FUT.

Reactions: Roncuba55
I would give it a shot. You don't play but you manage the team down to the minute details. I'm the manager of Man United. I have to send out scouts to find new talent, manage the youth, complete loans and transfers, and set my formation, instructions, set pieces, etc.

Then you start a game and can watch as little or as much as you want. I have it on extended highlights. During the game, you give shouts to players, adjust tactics, subs, etc. Players ratings matter and are more realistic than FIFA IMO.

Budgets, transfers, loans, rules are realistic. I'm trying to get rid of a lot of players because their wages are too high but other teams can't afford that. Just like in real life, I'm hoping Saudi Arabia will come in and buy players.

It's a perfect game for me because I'm 42 and don't want to pay money to be good like on FIFA FUT.
Thanks. I'll give it a try, looks like I have a game to play until MLB the show comes out.

Thanks. I'll give it a try, looks like I have a game to play until MLB the show comes out.
There's some challenges too that might introduce you better to the game. Saving a team from relegation, taking over an injury crises, etc.

Just a heads up. All players have attributes going up to 20. A lot of them matter, unlike FIFA where speed seems to dominate. You'll also see star ratings for ability and potential but those are related to your team I believe. Someone who is a 3.5 star for Man United, might be a 4.5 star for Luton or Norwich.

Finally, there are plenty of lower star players that will perform well. I have no problem with a lower star CB as long as he has a high aerial rating and is composed.

My biggest warning is don't let FM overwhelm you. It's tremendously deep, especially since there are leagues all over the world. It really is like taking full control of a real team, and evaluating players is so much more than "well this guy is a 95 he good." hawkeyekid already touched on this with his CB comment. It even goes so far as to simulate the impact of personality and chemistry (your team WILL play under their ability if there are too many new players at once, e.g.). I can tell you as one who came into the game knowing nothing of real life soccer formations and tactics, it was a beast to tackle. But it's worth it.

Trust your in-game advisors and take your time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT