ADVERTISEMENT

Early look at Big Ten hoops

Peegs put together this really good piece today on Big Ten hoops. It's already dated with two IU players being dismissed today, but still a good rundown on the Big Ten.

https://indiana.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1766205
IN finishing 3rd is higher than I would pick them. But this is an IN board rundown. All I can really say is that there are a lot of teams this year that have a lot of range as far as where they might finish in the standings. Iowa is one of them.

For Iowa, I'm still making the bold prediction of anywhere from fourth to tenth.

This is going to be a tough and deep conference. 10 teams could make a case for a top 3 finish and Maryland may be the best team in the country.

OK, long sigh............early isn't over yet. :rolleyes: Remember Max Bielfeldt...sometimes 15 mpg backup PF and 245 lbs of spare ribs for Michigan. Yes, he transferred, but he has won an appeal and now can transfer to any Big Ten school and play immediately as a fifth year senior. He has visited Nebraska. Some Indiana fans are squirming at the opportunity and honestly it would be huge for either of those smaller than even Iowa teams. (Nebraska technically out of scholarships)

Could be he goes out of conference, could be he picks Illinois where some building is named after his family or something. (Illinois technically out of scholarships)

It could give Indiana a big boost to have a senior coming from a well coached team show up and maybe explain something called defense.

He's also looking at Iowa State, Bradley, among others. Bradley Bielfeldt....Bradley!

While perusing the various team rosters I couldn't help notice a few returning players who, it seems, have been around the league forever.

My nominees for the Jess Settles "Didn't That Guy Graduate?" Award for the upcoming season are: Spike Albrecht (MI), Denzel Valentine (MSU), and Tre Demps (NW). Senior citizens. I suppose Adam Woodbury qualifies for opposing fans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT