ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Feature on Uthoff

ft254

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jun 3, 2003
ESPN Men's College Basketball has an interesting feature on Uthoff. I don't know how to link, but it's simply a matter of espn.com, then selecting the Men's Basketball section.

Has anyone seen Uthoff lately. I heard he was putting on some pounds actually and getting stronger. Boy if he really does that he will be one hell of a good player next season.

Has anyone seen Uthoff lately. I heard he was putting on some pounds actually and getting stronger. Boy if he really does that he will be one hell of a good player next season.
Saw him the other day and yes he does look a bit bigger. Not yet a clone of Karl Malone, but probably up 5-10 lbs. He doesn't really have the body type to put on too much more. I'd say 225 would be about his max for efficiency.

saw Uthoff walking by Banks field with Woody, Gesell & couple others..they all look skinny to me...then again I'm carrying a 62 year old gut. :rolleyes:

You can tell if a 6'9" person has gained 5 lbs? You work for a carnival?
Well, having seen him dozens of times last year and a pretty good eye for the human physique given my occupation, I think I can confidently give a range of 5-10 lbs increase. He certainly looks more muscular to me, and muscle weighs more than fat; not that he had much to begin with.
In reality, judging weights isn't real difficult if you're starting from a baseline, have a general idea of the person's frame and potential for growth, and understanding the person's goals for weight gain. Make an observation, compare to previous observations, and infer the results.

Ah.... It's a profit deal, takes the pressure off. Get your weight guessed right here. Only a buck, actual live weight guessing. Take a chance and win some crap!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT