ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN's Early Look at the Iowa Hawkeyes

It’s never too early to start to look ahead to next season. Over the coming weeks, we will examine what comes next for each team in the Power 5 conferences and also those outside the Power 5 who could make noise on the national stage. Today: the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Link to story: http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/107240/looking-ahead-iowa-hawkeyes
Reasonable assessment of the returnees. Hypes Moss because he's our highest rated recruit per ESPN. Doesn't mention Jones at all. Nice that he has us in the NCAA.

Reasonable assessment of the returnees. Hypes Moss because he's our highest rated recruit per ESPN. Doesn't mention Jones at all. Nice that he has us in the NCAA.
No quarrel with anything in the story.

everyone is talking that it will be Maryland running away with the B1G and everyone else battling for 2nd

everyone is talking that it will be Maryland running away with the B1G and everyone else battling for 2nd
Where is Maryland again? Isn't it on the east coast? Weren't they in the ACC at one point? Year, MD will be good and could win the conference but I think the answers to these questions have something to do with the idea of them "running away" with the B1G.

Where is Maryland again? Isn't it on the east coast? Weren't they in the ACC at one point? Year, MD will be good and could win the conference but I think the answers to these questions have something to do with the idea of them "running away" with the B1G.

Maryland could be scary good. I don' think anyone is saying that about any other B1G team.

Turgeon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.Crean

Agreed. I can imagine Maryland competing for a National Championship. I can't, Indiana. Talent alone only goes so far.

And on that note. There are still some good teams in the league with some excellent coaches who get the most out of their guys. I'm thinking Izzo and Painter might make some noise. Too early to say for sure...but I'm not getting the vibes that I got last year about Wisconsin running away with the title. Turgeon JUST got out of the smoky pot he was in for missing the NCAA's his first three seasons. I gotta think on it some.

But, yes, I repeat....agreed, Turgeon>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Crean.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT