ADVERTISEMENT

football transfers

You and me both, Buddy.
If a player leaves and it's someone that isn't going to help or make the two deeps lets face it we should be happy. This only gives us another opening for a scholarship and I think this may be the key to Iowa being able to compete.

Reactions: Cougar63
So Marshall Koehn isn't worthy of a scholarship? He'll be the first NFL kicker that never received a scholarship if we don't get him one.

Doesn't the Football program award walk-ons vacated scholarships during that particular year, and then after that year the scholarship is opened back up for recruiting purposes?

Also, I heard a rumor that an offensive tackle has left. Please remember that this was a simple rumor, with no hard evidence behind it. So, please regard it that way. Just wondering if anyone else has heard something similar.

Doesn't the Football program award walk-ons vacated scholarships during that particular year, and then after that year the scholarship is opened back up for recruiting purposes?

Also, I heard a rumor that an offensive tackle has left. Please remember that this was a simple rumor, with no hard evidence behind it. So, please regard it that way. Just wondering if anyone else has heard something similar.

Players transfer from every program. Some get home sick, some want more playing time, some realize they aren't good enough to make it at the BIG level, some want more playing time but don't want to earn it. The coaches see who put in the effort every day.

We actually were over our limit of schollies so we needed to have several transfers by fall.

The OP seems obsessed with this topic. It is the second recent thread he has started with regards to it. I wonder why?

Thread got me about recruiting transfers. Is there a reason why KF doesn't bring in transfers from other schools? I know we get an occasional JUCO but for some reason no transfer from another school comes to mind. Sure probably a handful but can't think of any off the top of my head.

Thread got me about recruiting transfers. Is there a reason why KF doesn't bring in transfers from other schools? I know we get an occasional JUCO but for some reason no transfer from another school comes to mind. Sure probably a handful but can't think of any off the top of my head.
David Walker is the last transfer from a power 5 conference school to transfer into Iowa and receive a schollie
He was an Olineman from Auburn around 11-12 years ago? Maybe longer
.Brett Bielema recruited him for Iowa when Walker was in high school
Iowa did recently check in on Tenn transfer, De-D Hendrix. They decided to inquire a day after he announced his intention to transfer to Pitt, though. Obviously no interest on Hendrix's end....

It would be interesting to know where Iowa ranks compared to other programs with regards to transfers. Every time someone leaves I see people posting to not worry because every school runs into this, but I've never seen any data as to how whether it happens more or less frequently here. Just anecdotally it seems like our attrition has increased a lot in recent years but maybe that's just because of the media and I'm just more aware of it than I used to be.

It would be interesting to know where Iowa ranks compared to other programs with regards to transfers. Every time someone leaves I see people posting to not worry because every school runs into this, but I've never seen any data as to how whether it happens more or less frequently here. Just anecdotally it seems like our attrition has increased a lot in recent years but maybe that's just because of the media and I'm just more aware of it than I used to be.
Someone (poster slipped my memory, sorry about that) had a good summary in the John Kenney thread that compares it since 2002 for all B10 schools. Basically, we are about the same level as Minnesota, Illinois, and Indiana (somehow Purdue has a small number) and we haven't had the coaching turnover other B10 schools have had.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT