RSFR Bower as the LEO
RSSR Alston as the MLB
SO 17 year old Spearman who would have turned 18 right before the 2015 season,

Spearman left and Alston graduated,

the starters as of now
SO Nieman as the LEO
RSSO Jewell as the MLB
RSSO Bower as the WLB.

Jewel ended the season after Spearman was suspended as the WLB, Neiman played on special team and was a WR in HS and committed to NIU as a WR, Bower has been moved to WLB,not to many if any at all can know how they will do in their new positions this fall.

All 3 are still a year away from not being a liability in my opinion. They'll be solid as Juniors and very good as Seniors.

If someone was upset about last year's LBs, the player information you listed explains nothing. It is not illuminating or instructive; nothing is clarified. Simply naming the probable 2015 starters is barely relevant to the subject.

If your message was an attempt to positively persuade disgruntled fans, you failed miserably. Your closing statement that no one can know for sure how the 2015 LBs will perform is probably the only "useful" information provided but even that is merely stating the obvious.

If someone was upset about last year's LBs, the player information you listed explains nothing. It is not illuminating or instructive; nothing is clarified. Simply naming the probable 2015 starters is barely relevant to the subject.

If your message was an attempt to positively persuade disgruntled fans, you failed miserably. Your closing statement that no one can know for sure how the 2015 LBs will perform is probably the only "useful" information provided but even that is merely stating the obvious.

You are correct. The OP is as worthless as your response is.

Reactions: losangeleshawkeye
Hitchens didn't even start playing LB till his SO season, also last year these were weighing just this

Neiman 185 lbs when he arrived and now weighs 225 lbs that's a 40 lb increase
Bower 205 lbs and now weighs 225 lbs for a 20 lb increase
Jewell 210 lbs and now weighs 230 lbs

at their former weight they were easy to push a round and have RB's break tackles, with the added weight and muscle they will be much better besides they won't be facing Gordon the #1 rusher in D1, Coleman the #2 rusher in D1, nor will they be facing Abdullah 11th in D1 rushing in fact the only top 10 rusher they face is Conner from Pitt. even after all that the Defense finished 17th in total defense in D1 football.

only the negative nellies are bellyaching about this group. with the position changes there is no reason not to see a major improvement from the LB'rs. this years defense could/should be better than last season's defense.

Kilroy you are like a car wreck, I just have to look to see what you posted. Am I the only that misses him when he is gone and soon after he returns wonders why?

I don't even understand his point most of the time, but you gotta like his passion and he is resilient!

I don't even understand his point most of the time, but you gotta like his passion and he is resilient!

Got to disagree here. I don't care for his star rankings, useless information and thread hijacking especially if one person disagrees or God forbids makes a critical comment about Iowa. He here tends to basically ruin every thread he post in because he turns into a pissing match with one or multiple posters.

I agree with what was said on the On Iowa Podcast, the linebackers will probably be better this year. But, they may not be good.

these were the starters,
RSFR Bower as the LEO
RSSR Alston as the MLB
SO 17 year old Spearman who would have turned 18 right before the 2015 season,

Spearman left and Alston graduated,

the starters as of now
SO Nieman as the LEO
RSSO Jewell as the MLB
RSSO Bower as the WLB.

Jewel ended the season after Spearman was suspended as the WLB, Neiman played on special team and was a WR in HS and committed to NIU as a WR, Bower has been moved to WLB,not to many if any at all can know how they will do in their new positions this fall.

Wow. As a sophomore, Spearman was only 17. So his first year of playing college football, he was 16. That just doesn't seem right.

I would have bet money that he was 17 his freshman year and 18 his sophomore. Guess I would have lost. Can someone check the math?

it was reported that he turned 16 right before his FR season and most thought he should have Red Shirted.

when he ended the season as a backup to Alston as a MLB he looked more comfortable there.

will some explain how they are listed, 1st I am told it goes top to bottom on the depth chart,
top LEO
2nd MLB
3rd WLB

some tell me it goes like this
LEO
WLB
MLB
which is it, as I look at it reads like this
LEO Neimann
MLB Bower
WLB Jewell

I know that Mends was a MLB coming out of HS. so I was using that info when I look at the depth chart, any help would be welcome.

it was reported that he turned 16 right before his FR season and most thought he should have Red Shirted.

when he ended the season as a backup to Alston as a MLB he looked more comfortable there.

will some explain how they are listed, 1st I am told it goes top to bottom on the depth chart,
top LEO
2nd MLB
3rd WLB

some tell me it goes like this
LEO
WLB
MLB
which is it, as I look at it reads like this
LEO Neimann
MLB Bower
WLB Jewell

I know that Mends was a MLB coming out of HS. so I was using that info when I look at the depth chart, any help would be welcome.

If he was born in 1996 then he was 17 when he was playing for Iowa.

Got to disagree here. I don't care for his star rankings, useless information and thread hijacking especially if one person disagrees or God forbids makes a critical comment about Iowa. He here tends to basically ruin every thread he post in because he turns into a pissing match with one or multiple posters.
Well I guess that depends if you take this site seriously as a forum for enlightening football rhetoric or if you think this site is just cheap entertainment. I hate to break it to you, but it's the later:)

Reactions: ddare132
If it was possible to give two likes to a post, I would have done so to this one.

Pretty sure when Spearman got arrested it came out he was actually a year older than reported. And I think it says a lot about star rankings when Jewell took his job, Spearman didn't even stick around to compete. He conceded the position and moved on without a fight. Outside of opening day I wish him the best of luck but happy to have the LB's we have.

Wow. As a sophomore, Spearman was only 17. So his first year of playing college football, he was 16. That just doesn't seem right.

I would have bet money that he was 17 his freshman year and 18 his sophomore. Guess I would have lost. Can someone check the math?
When Spearman got to campus he was 16. But turned 17 before his true freshman season started.

ADVERTISEMENT