ADVERTISEMENT

Former Hawkeye Soccer forward Cloe Lacasse on Canada squad for 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup. UPDATE: Faces USWNT in W Gold Cup

For those with ESPN+ or Paramount Plus, Cloe faces the USWNT for the first time as a starter tomorrow (Wednesday) vs the US Women’s National Team in the semifinals of the championship of the Americas, the new CONCACAF W Gold Cup. She has been starring for Canada lately and was a finalist for 2023 Canadian Woman Player of the Year, and Arsenal as their Player of the Month for February.

The Japanese women's team was practicing at my son's high school yesterday. Big game against USWNT at the Benz on Saturday.

CSB

• Love
Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
The Japanese women's team was practicing at my son's high school yesterday. Big game against USWNT at the Benz on Saturday.

CSB
Yep. The She Believes Cup 2024. And Canada with Cloe play Brazil in the second game of that double-header. Winners play winners for the cup, and losers play losers. Those games are in Columbus next Tuesday.

Last edited:
Reactions: cfbfan23
Yep. The She Believes Cup 2024. And Canada with Cloe play Brazil in the second game of that double-header. Winners play winners for the cup, and losers play losers, in Columbus next Tuesday.

I just checked MaxPreps. The girls team at my son's school is ranked #9 in the country. I went to one of their games two weeks ago......they made mincemeat out of the #2 school in Georgia. My wife (no pics) was actually a mid-fielder (basketball was her best sport......she played volleyball, as well) on the school's first-ever women's soccer team in 1989....they won state in their inaugural season. A few of her friends on that team played D1 in college.

Now it makes sense to me why the JNWT would practice there.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
After starting in the semifinal win over Brazil, Cloe begins the match as a reserve in a more defensive formation for Canada in the SheBelieves Cup Final vs the USWNT on TNT now…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT