ADVERTISEMENT

"Full Court Press:" 4-Episode Docuseries Premieres on May 11 (12pm CT, ABC) & May 12 (11:30am CT, ABC). Features Caitlin, Kamilla Cardoso & Kiki Rice

Why do you think they didn’t do an IV, at least during half? I see this all the time, sometimes on the bench — seems pretty standard for anyone sick during a game.
Obviously I have no idea, so I won't venture a guess. During the episode Bluder said that Clark was very sick and they we're considering giving her an IV. You might say they we're covering their asses after the fact BUT this footage was shot in real time as it was happening so you wouldn't think so. I also realize that Clark was listed as an "executive producer" for the show, so take from that what you will. I'll just say that like a couple of other games this winter there was smoke that she was playing through illness, and she really looked like her legs were gone in the 4th quarter of that one. She also looked ill after the game.

Obviously I have no idea, so I won't venture a guess. During the episode Bluder said that Clark was very sick and they we're considering giving her an IV. You might say they we're covering their asses after the fact BUT this footage was shot in real time as it was happening so you wouldn't think so. I also realize that Clark was listed as an "executive producer" for the show, so take from that what you will. I'll just say that like a couple of other games this winter there was smoke that she was playing through illness, and she really looked like her legs were gone in the 4th quarter of that one. She also looked ill after the game.
I 100% believed she was ill and tbh didn’t doubt it ever, either during or after. She was hocking loogies all game and looked like total shit.

I actually knew to expect it tho bc someone on reddit (who reportedly knows someone that worked with the security team) had sent me a message earlier that day that Clark and Davis were both sick. They were apparently semi-quarantined from the team as well. I swear I responded to 5 different people that day with their bullshit conspiracy theories about Bluder trying to lose or telling Clark not to score or whatever the **** lol

I was genuinely asking why you think they just didnt do the IV! Haha. Like I said it seems pretty standard and I’ve seen it plenty of times. Maybe it was a mental thing. Probably the wrong choice lol

Last edited:
An interesting part so far for me was finding out just how sick she was before the Nebraska road loss. You know the one where people came on here and said that Bluder deliberately pulled Clark back so that she'd set the record at home. Hmmm... come to find out that Clark had not been practicing and she was so sick she wasn't going to play. She felt obligated to play because of the sellout crowd. (If you remember Molly missed almost THREE whole games with whatever bug was going around.)She managed to put up 31 in the first three qts. Bluder said that they considered having the trainers giving her an IV at halftime because she was so sick. They did not, and of course Clark was totally wasted in the 4th quarter and you could see that her shot wasn't even getting over the rim on her jumpers. Of course the conspiracy folks are having no part of any reasonable scenarios......

I encourage everyone to go back and revisit that thread.

the first 2 posts:

So dumb! Wanting Clark to break record at home just screwed us.

Coaching malpractice. Letting the record come before the game. Why was Clark even playing the 4th Quarter if she was just gonna stand there on offense?

An interesting part so far for me was finding out just how sick she was before the Nebraska road loss. You know the one where people came on here and said that Bluder deliberately pulled Clark back so that she'd set the record at home. Hmmm... come to find out that Clark had not been practicing and she was so sick she wasn't going to play. She felt obligated to play because of the sellout crowd. (If you remember Molly missed almost THREE whole games with whatever bug was going around.)She managed to put up 31 in the first three qts. Bluder said that they considered having the trainers giving her an IV at halftime because she was so sick. They did not, and of course Clark was totally wasted in the 4th quarter and you could see that her shot wasn't even getting over the rim on her jumpers. Of course the conspiracy folks are having no part of any reasonable scenarios......
We only know what people tell us. They played great until the collapse at the end. In retrospect, it makes sense they shut things down because she was sick, they wanted to rest her, and the game was seemingly in control. It just so happened that the possible breaking of the scoring record coincided with that moment, and reasonable people thought they wanted to break it at home and took her out when the game was seemingly in control. Until it wasn’t.

I 100% believed she was ill and tbh didn’t doubt it ever, either during or after. She was hocking loogies all game and looked like total shit.

I actually knew to expect it tho bc someone on reddit (who reportedly knows someone that worked with the security team) had sent me a message earlier that day that Clark and Davis were both sick. They were apparently semi-quarantined from the team as well. I swear I responded to 5 different people that day with their bullshit conspiracy theories about Bluder trying to lose or telling Clark not to score or whatever the **** lol

I was genuinely asking why you think they just didnt do the IV! Haha. Like I said it seems pretty standard and I’ve seen it plenty of times. Maybe it was a mental thing. Probably the wrong choice lol
I responded to numerous people as well and was getting drilled for it. I said at the time there was NO way that Bluder would do that considering that losing that game could, (and actually DID) cost Iowa the regular season title for the B1G. Clark almost pulled it off anyway, going all Jordan the first three quarters, but in the end she didn't have it in her, while her team mates expected another one of those miracle finishes she deliverd many times.

We only know what people tell us. They played great until the collapse at the end. In retrospect, it makes sense they shut things down because she was sick, they wanted to rest her, and the game was seemingly in control. It just so happened that the possible breaking of the scoring record coincided with that moment, and reasonable people thought they wanted to break it at home and took her out when the game was seemingly in control. Until it wasn’t.
She still played in the 4th some, she just didn't have anything left in her legs.

Reactions: Franisdaman
She still played in the 4th some, she just didn't have anything left in her legs.
My recollection is that they only put her back in when we were in jeopardy of losing, but by then she couldn't get it cranked back up to get the W. At the time, I hated the coaching move because I didn't know Caitlin was sick, and the appearance was that they were saving the moment for Carver. With the benefit of new information and hindsight, it was an understandable calculated risk with Caitlin which did not pan out.

My recollection is that they only put her back in when we were in jeopardy of losing, but by then she couldn't get it cranked back up to get the W. At the time, I hated the coaching move because I didn't know Caitlin was sick, and the appearance was that they were saving the moment for Carver. With the benefit of new information and hindsight, it was an understandable calculated risk with Caitlin which did not pan out.
She played 39 minutes and 10 seconds, including all 20 minutes in the second half.

She was on the floor but not running any offense through her which is why many people thought they were saving her points record for Carver.

Most assumed, myself included, if she was sick they would have subbed her out instead.

Since Molly was sick too it makes more sense why they left CC out there.

Reactions: Tenacious E
Molly was out the entire game. It was so glaringly obvious to me at the time that we had no choice but to play Clark even tho she looked like shit. The rest of the team was trying to make up for it, Martin was rly forcing things and got called for a couple of offensive fouls. But without Clark and Davis we had no point guard so we simply had to have someone on the floor to get things going.

The difference for them is that if you’re Clark, you don’t get days off. That’s what she signed up for by coming to Iowa. If she had gone to UConn, she would have sat the entire game. I actually was hoping they’d make that clear in the doc — her reserve got to sit, while Clark didn’t. Another example of the pressure she is under / expectations she is subject to. I think that would have been a very demonstrative point to make, not sure why they skipped over it. Very few people in the world know what it’s like to have to perform under those kinds of conditions.

Huh, memory is a tricky thing. I thought she was out but they must have just let the offense flow through other people.
I think people thought she was out because she wasn't effective and didn't score in the 4th. You could tell she was beat. Several of her jumpers hit the lower lip of the rim.....

Very well done series. One thing I came away with is what a psycho apex predator she is. I always thought she was classy staying above the fray with angel but I really think she didn’t give a f*ck about her. She was all about self actualizing, shining as bright as she could, and not disappointing fans who paid $$$ to see her.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Loved this. Hope it's successful and they can do it again next year with some different players/programs.

Iowa Hawkeyes came out looking like rockstars. A very bright, flattering light on the program. Hope they can find a way to keep it going, and the crowds come back for that journey.

Loved this. Hope it's successful and they can do it again next year with some different players/programs.

Iowa Hawkeyes came out looking like rockstars. A very bright, flattering light on the program. Hope they can find a way to keep it going, and the crowds come back for that journey.

Caitlin's 2 year run put the entire nation's eyes on Iowa. Caitlin/Iowa was must see TV. The record breaking TV viewership numbers proved it. What a ride it's been; hopefully it continues.

I think think there will obviously be a drop off in performance and crowds, but there should be a pretty strong “echo” returning. This will be a pivotal moment in just how popular Iowa WBB will be. As far women’s college BB overall, also interesting as to what will happen, but I think numbers will be way down overall. Last year was a bit of a movement, but I think it was much more of a moment. That moment is now in the WNBA. I hope that moment turns into a movement.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Very well done series. One thing I came away with is what a psycho apex predator she is. I always thought she was classy staying above the fray with angel but I really think she didn’t give a f*ck about her. She was all about self actualizing, shining as bright as she could, and not disappointing fans who paid $$$ to see her.
I believe that CC had a much more realistic handle on her “Angel” relationship than .9999% of the fan bases involved. Besties? Doubtful but compadres, probably in more ways than most of us know.

I believe that CC had a much more realistic handle on her “Angel” relationship than .9999% of the fan bases involved. Besties? Doubtful but compadres, probably in more ways than most of us know.
They have shared experiences which can bond people, and who knows, they might actually be friends. But with Caitlin checking ticket prices for games she was going to be playing in, being committed to not disappointing people paying $$$ to attend games, being committed to inspiring kids at the games, being committed to being the best version of herself on and off the floor, and just wanting freaking win, I believe her when she said she was disappointed and annoyed by the kerfuffle blown up by media and people like us on message boards. Just a headwind for what she is trying to do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT