ADVERTISEMENT

Getting the roster down to 85

OILCHECKER

HR Heisman
Oct 12, 2001
No idea who is actually on scholarship and who is still on the team, but with our incoming recruits, I count potentially 91 players right now.

Are Tsopanides and Venckus-Cucchiarra still actually on the team?

I counted these guys as being on scholarship as well: Plewa, Cox, Myers, Perry, Koehn, Bower

I also included Jalen Embry, although I do not believe he was technically on the team this past year.

Obviously, a few guys are probably no longer on the team and then after spring practice we may lose 1-2 and then over the summer we may lose 1-2 more. This is pretty typical of all programs.

Here is what I have:

QB (5): Beathard, Rudock, Wigers, Boyle. Cook

RB (6): Canzeri, Daniels, Wadley, Parker, Hilliard, Graham

FB (3): Plewa, Cox, Kenny

WR (9): Scheel, Harris, Ogwo, VandeBerg, Mitchell, Smith, Hillyer, Falconer, Smith

TE (5): Duzey, Krieger-Coble, Kittle, Wisnieski, Vejvoda

OL (16): Boettger, Render, Ward, Paulsen, Walsh, Keppy, Paulsen, Blythe, Simmons, Daniels, Welsh, Reynolds, Sealby, Myers, LeGrand, Waechter

DT (8): Johnson, Ekakitie, Gressel, Newborg, Tsopanides, Bazata, Cooper, Jansen

DE (10): Ott, Hesse, Harris, Nelson, Venckus-Cucchiara, Meier, Nelson, Spears, Slater, Reiff

LB (11): Niemann, Fisher, Hockaday, Jewell, Perry, Mends, Bower, Outsey, Jinning, Garbutt, Wilson

S (6): Taylor, Ojemudia, Lomax, Gair, Warfield, Jackson

CB (8): King, Draper, Rucker, Joly, Mabin, Fleming, Truitt, Embry

K/P (4): Koehn, Ellis, Kidd, Cornbrath

I believe Myer is a walk on also not sure that Cox or Plewa were on scholarship, was expecting them to be on scholarship for their RSSR years. Sealby does not show in the commitment list so I am going to guess he is a walk on.

and yet has as ben pointed out there are always a few that leave at then end of the 2nd semester,

Boone Myers was put on scholarship at the beginning of the season.

Reid Sealby has always been on scholarship.

I'd personally tell the kickers you have until the start of fall to prove yourself, otherwise we are removing the scholarship. There is absolutley ZERO reason we should ever have four scholarship kickers, not to mention three of them are pretty much terrible at what they do.

There are plenty of home-grown kids that would love to walk-on at Iowa. If they prove themselves, they can have a scholarship.

I think Koehn is the only one worthy of a ship right now.

McMinn's career is over due to injuries. He is on a 'medical' scholly or whatever they call it. Doesn't count against the 85, i believe.

Originally posted by OILCHECKER:
No idea who is actually on scholarship and who is still on the team, but with our incoming recruits, I count potentially 91 players right now.

Are Tsopanides and Venckus-Cucchiarra[/I] still actually on the team?

I counted these guys as being on scholarship as well: Plewa, Cox, Myers, Perry, Koehn, Bower

I also included Jalen Embry, although I do not believe he was technically on the team this past year.

Obviously, a few guys are probably no longer on the team and then after spring practice we may lose 1-2 and then over the summer we may lose 1-2 more. This is pretty typical of all programs.

Here is what I have:

QB (5): Beathard, Rudock, Wigers, Boyle. Cook

RB (6): Canzeri, Daniels, Wadley, Parker, Hilliard, Graham

FB (3): Plewa, Cox, Kenny

WR (9): Scheel, Harris, Ogwo, VandeBerg, Mitchell, Smith, Hillyer, Falconer, Smith

TE (5): Duzey, Krieger-Coble, Kittle, Wisnieski, Vejvoda

OL (16): Boettger, Render, Ward, Paulsen, Walsh, Keppy, Paulsen, Blythe, Simmons, Daniels, Welsh, Reynolds, Sealby, Myers, LeGrand, Waechter

DT (8): Johnson, Ekakitie, Gressel, Newborg, Tsopanides, Bazata, Cooper, Jansen

DE (10): Ott, Hesse, Harris, Nelson, Venckus-Cucchiara, Meier, Nelson, Spears, Slater, Reiff

LB (11): Niemann, Fisher, Hockaday, Jewell, Perry, Mends, Bower, Outsey, Jinning, Garbutt, Wilson

S (6): Taylor, Ojemudia, Lomax, Gair, Warfield, Jackson

CB (8): King, Draper, Rucker, Joly, Mabin, Fleming, Truitt, Embry

K/P (4): Koehn, Ellis, Kidd, Cornbrath
Typical Ferentz. We have a real ANIMAL on our squad that doesn't see the field!!
el-chupacabras.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT