ADVERTISEMENT

"Good Offensive Staff"

triumph-triumphinsultcomicdog.gif

Kirk is never going to say what fans hope he will. It’s the same drivel every week. I stopped paying attention years ago.
No coach in their situation (putting the nepotism aside) will ever throw their staff under the bus the way salty, bitter fans want them to. Not a single one. Not even Nick Saban.

And if they do, it's because they know they're not long for their own position and stop giving f***s in public appearances.

You'll see that all the time in the NFL.

No coach in their situation (putting the nepotism aside) will ever throw their staff under the bus the way salty, bitter fans want them to. Not a single one. Not even Nick Saban.

And if they do, it's because they know they're not long for their own position and stop giving f***s in public appearances.

Oh, I agree with all of that. My point is Ferentz is never going to come out in a press conference and make some sort of emotional appeal to the media and fans about the offense being unacceptable and the need for serious wholesale changes.

Two words: Frost
(in honor of Matt Roth)

Going to be generous and assume that was just coach speak and refusing to throw his coaches/son under the bus. I do admire KF's loyalty to his coaches and players and (outside of the Deuce Hogan foot-in-mouth moment) he does stick up for them with the media.

Also going to assume that it's a different story behind closed doors. KF has to realize that BF hasn't cut the mustard and that a new OC with actual freedom to put in the offense he wants is in order.

Reactions: dean_oliver222
Going to be generous and assume that was just coach speak and refusing to throw his coaches/son under the bus. I do admire KF's loyalty to his coaches and players and (outside of the Deuce Hogan foot-in-mouth moment) he does stick up for them with the media.

Also going to assume that it's a different story behind closed doors. KF has to realize that BF hasn't cut the mustard and that a new OC with actual freedom to put in the offense he wants is in order.
No official word from anyone from the team but I speculate Brian will not be OC next year due to the results on the field. It's too overwhelming.

The coach that should be on the hottest seat is the oline coach. This line is the worst in college football and not getting better.

I loved the part where the reporter said “everybody has noticed it” in regards to Kirk saying he’s noticed his offense is one of the worst in the country.

Big thank you to THAT media member.
I don’t even know that it was an Iowa media member….can you imagine if Kirk had to face those reporters every week?

Well I’d say no currently employed coach would. Frosty was never afraid to throw a player or coach under the bus.

Oh, I agree with all of that. My point is Ferentz is never going to come out in a press conference and make some sort of emotional appeal to the media and fans about the offense being unacceptable and the need for serious wholesale changes.

The take away from the question, sadly, is that KF is implying there's no need to replace the OC now nor IN THE NEAR FUTURE. The tone was clear: BF is here to stay.

Freaking Hell. As long as KF is the HC, BF will be the OC.

• Sad
Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
The take away from the question, sadly, is that KF is implying there's no need to replace the OC now nor IN THE NEAR FUTURE. The tone was clear: BF is here to stay.

Freaking Hell. As long as KF is the HC, BF will be the OC.
Nope, no way Brian is OC in ‘23. Brian and Iowa will “go their separate ways”

I don’t even know that it was an Iowa media member….can you imagine if Kirk had to face those reporters every week?
It was the Cleveland reporter that wrote the article in another thread. He doesn't give a shit what Kirk thinks. He called him out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT