ADVERTISEMENT

Graham's 40 time

PasoHawk

Scout Team
Aug 14, 2004
Anyone tailback recruit Graham's 40 time? I saw it listed in the 4.7 range but he sure looks a lot faster than that on his video.

I don't know his 40 time but he's enrolling for the summer to get a head start on school and workouts. Have to be encouraged by his work ethic and eagerness to get started.
I'm hoping he does very well and am looking forward to seeing his progress in the years to come.

Anyone tailback recruit Graham's 40 time? I saw it listed in the 4.7 range but he sure looks a lot faster than that on his video.
I know we all would love to see a guy at rb run a 4.4 or below, but vision,balance,quickness,change of direction,power,etc...all are just as important alot of the time. Iowa has had rb's that lacked alot of these qualities recently. I think Weisman ran around a 4.6 but he obviously lacked some of the listed qualities required to be a top tier rb. I have no idea how good/bad Graham is, just not that concerned about his 40 time right now. If he also lacks alot of other required skilll sets and is a 4
7-4.8 40 guy.....well hopefully Iowa has somebody else carrying the ball

FWIW... NU-Abdullah and Bama-Yeldon ran 4.6, Wis-Gordon 4.52

Like the gentleman above stated, running 4.4 is not very important for an elite back and extremely difficult to do when adding the proper balance of power needed to be successful. I'm guessing his 4.7 is fairly accurate.

FWIW... NU-Abdullah and Bama-Yeldon ran 4.6, Wis-Gordon 4.52

Like the gentleman above stated, running 4.4 is not very important for an elite back and extremely difficult to do when adding the proper balance of power needed to be successful. I'm guessing his 4.7 is fairly accurate.
Yea, guess I'm always hoping for that back that has it all. If you have all of the attributes described by SigMaint PLUS 4.4 or 4.5 speed then you have something. I always remember how exciting Tavian Banks and would love to see that again some day...

Reactions: Sterling_Wildcat
The 4.73 40 time was from his SPARQ combine results in March of 2013 when he was still a sophomore in high school. I don't see that he's went to another combine since then. I'd be willing to bet his 40 is faster now.

HUDL has his 40 time at 4.41. It's possible, but I don't know if that's accurate either. I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Reactions: David1979
Yeah I am with Garry. It is probably somewhere in the middle. I would guess high 4.5s or 4.6

Well they don't all look good to me. I clearly see differences in "highlight tapes". Maybe it's just you.

His lack of offers is a head scratcher for sure given his Alabama HS all-state RB honor (even though it was lower division / small school).

I don't know the entire underlying truth to the story but there was some question before signing day whether he had a qualifying entrance exam score (since cleared). The problem with that possible explanation is that such circumstance would not normally deter colleges who are genuinely interested from offering, or conditionally offering, because he was scheduled to re-take the exam.

Still, his stats and his tape look pretty decent. There was no indication of character issues. You would think an all-state Alabama RB, a multi-year starter, would at least generate regional mid-major offers. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Nope. Not going to waste the effort. It's pretty clear that you just aren't going to be happy. Whiners gonna whine...

Nope. Not going to waste the effort. It's pretty clear that you just aren't going to be happy. Whiners gonna whine...
Figured this is what you would come up with. Interesting to see that of the 85 scholarship players for Iowa (and hundreds of others before this current roster) you can't post a single tape from a guy that didn't look good to you. Good to know your impartial eyes are here for us. Even better knowing how stacked Iowa's roster is right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT