ADVERTISEMENT

Gross to SDSU

Yes, will be very interesting what will happen with the criminal proceedings especially if there will be any jail time involved.

Actually, he's an 18 year old adult and he will be held accountable as an adult. But I agree that was an unfair comment. Christians aren't perfect and they don't profess to be perfect.

Christians are perfect... Just ask Jim Bob Duggar.. I'll tell you right now, his kids are...... Oh crap :eek: Nevermind...... :D

I wish Seth the best. Hope he keeps his nose clean and reaches his potential as a wrestler and as a human being. Will be rooting for him against anyone other than a Hawk. I hope Hawkeye Nation joins me.

Reactions: Huck
Going to be sad when Gross beats Carton in an open tourney next year. Uggg

Christians aren't perfect. Nobody is. But it seems to me like Seth has received more of a pass on these boards for his alleged bad behavior than the other two guys. And most of those I've heard talk about the kid's good qualities usually bring up his faith.

Reactions: DayHawk18
I wish Seth the best. Hope he keeps his nose clean and reaches his potential as a wrestler and as a human being. Will be rooting for him against anyone other than a Hawk. I hope Hawkeye Nation joins me.
I'm on board. Good luck to the young man.

I'm with you on this one, dubs. Seems to me that many, way too many, college athletes get more than the benefit of the doubt. Second chances are good... but in the real world, if you have means... you likely will get breaks that some don't.

Not long ago on these board we were discussing Moreno's deal. the "he's a good kid. from a good family, yada/yada/yada". Jail time may be coming, but I doubt it. Probation seems more likely..

Christians aren't perfect. Nobody is. But it seems to me like Seth has received more of a pass on these boards for his alleged bad behavior than the other two guys. And most of those I've heard talk about the kid's good qualities usually bring up his faith.

Meh...he got kicked off our team and everybody expected it. There have been more comments about the irony of his Christian posts (versus his behavior) by folks that, how shall I say it delicately, are not the religious type. He's gone...why kick him in the ass on the way out.

I'm conflicted on this one. I'm not inclined to give this kid a pass and call what happened youthful indiscretion. Burglary is a pretty serious crime and is not all that common. I don't personally know anyone who has been charged with it. This isn't a case of boys will be boys and U of I handled this the only way they could.

That said, everything I have heard about this kid has been positive, this incident aside. For his sake, I wish him well. I'm just not so sure allowing a guy with ten or so felony burglary counts pending to continue wrestling at the college level is what I would call just.

I'm conflicted on this one. I'm not inclined to give this kid a pass and call what happened youthful indiscretion. Burglary is a pretty serious crime and is not all that common. I don't personally know anyone who has been charged with it. This isn't a case of boys will be boys and U of I handled this the only way they could.

That said, everything I have heard about this kid has been positive, this incident aside. For his sake, I wish him well. I'm just not so sure allowing a guy with ten or so felony burglary counts pending to continue wrestling at the college level is what I would call just.
The world isn't fair, never has been, never will be. You've got people in every city in America with a rap sheet longer than your arm (not your garden variety jay-walking either), still walking the streets. Illegal immigrants and gang bangers run amok and no one gives a shit. So with that in mind, these kids are pretty mild in comparison.

Reactions: Chopper25
The world isn't fair, never has been, never will be. You've got people in every city in America with a rap sheet longer than your arm (not your garden variety jay-walking either), still walking the streets. Illegal immigrants and gang bangers run amok and no one gives a shit. So with that in mind, these kids are pretty mild in comparison.

I agree with most of the above. In the current case, I'd be more inclined to think moving on is best for all involved if the situation has played itself out, which it hasn't as of yet.

Just for the record, I wish the other two young men well, too, and hope they reach their potential on (if they're given the opportunity) and off the mat, as well. The only reason I didn't comment on them in this thread was because it was focused solely on Gross.

Reactions: Huck and sloehawk
I would like to see SDSU make him sit for a year as well to get legal proceedings out of the way and make sure his head is on straight. Slapping his hands with probation does not always sink in when you are 18-25. I would like to see a couple hundred hours of community service like working with high risk kids.

I would like to see SDSU make him sit for a year as well to get legal proceedings out of the way and make sure his head is on straight. Slapping his hands with probation does not always sink in when you are 18-25. I would like to see a couple hundred hours of community service like working with high risk kids.
All of those things may yet happen. Time will tell.

On Twitter Ryan still list himself as an Iowa wrestler also living in IC. Maybe he's fighting to position to get back in the team? Complete guess. Lembeck's Twitter account shows that he went to California. No word on his career.

On Twitter Ryan still list himself as an Iowa wrestler also living in IC. Maybe he's fighting to position to get back in the team? Complete guess. Lembeck's Twitter account shows that he went to California. No word on his career.

Maybe that's the 11,14,15 hype, Ryan reinstated on that date....

Reactions: CFNiteHawk85
All of those things may yet happen. Time will tell.
I honestly believe these young adults were all half-lit and thought this was fun. A lot of times a couple hundred hours of community service is better than fines or jail time. This way they are constantly reminded of the wrong they have done. A big fine paid by mommy or daddy does not sink in.

Frankly, I'd be surprised, and more concerned about their character, if they weren't at least "half-lit" when this happened. That said, I hope all three young men learn from this, never repeat any similar mistakes, deal with any consequences that result, and become productive, upstanding citizens as they mature.

I don't want either back. Gross is the only one I was disappointed with. Ryan was nothing but a career backup (severly overated)and lembeck was room fodder. Time to move on. I'm sure they will be at Wartburg or grandview soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT