ADVERTISEMENT

Hawkeyes name 2015 Leadership Group

Apr 8, 2003
IOWA CITY, Iowa - - The University of Iowa football program has named 16 players to the 2015 Leadership Group. Head coach Kirk Ferentz announced the group Friday.

The group includes 13 seniors, two juniors and one sophomore. The purpose of the group is to assist in formulating policies, and being involved in team decision-making matters regarding the upcoming season. Players are selected by a team vote.

The 2015 Leadership Group is led by a number of seniors who stepped forward as leaders throughout our winter program and spring practice,” said Ferentz. “This senior class, along with the underclassmen named to this group, will be counted on to lead the way during the summer and into next season. I look forward to working with this group, as their leadership will play an important role in our program’s success.”

The seniors are OL Austin Blythe, RB Jordan Canzeri, DL Darian Cooper, FB Adam Cox, TE Jake Duzey, WR Jacob Hillyer, PK Marshall Koehn, DB Jordan Lomax, DE Nate Meier, DE Drew Ott, LB Travis Perry, FB Macon Plewa and WR Tevaun Smith. The junior class is represented by QB C.J. Beathard and RB LeShun Daniels, Jr., and LB Josey Jewell represents the sophomore class.

The 2015 Hawkeye Leadership Group includes:

C.J. Beathard QB Junior Franklin, Tennessee
Austin Blythe OL Senior Williamsburg, Iowa
Jordan Canzeri RB Senior Troy, New York
Darian Cooper DL Senior Elkridge, Maryland
Adam Cox FB Senior Chana, Illinois
LeShun Daniels, Jr. RB Junior Warren, Ohio
Jake Duzey TE Senior Troy, Michigan
Jacob Hillyer WR Senior Somerset, Texas
Josey Jewell LB Sophomore Decorah, Iowa
Marshall Koehn PK Senior Solon, Iowa
Jordan Lomax DB Senior Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Nate Meier DE Senior Tabor, Iowa
Drew Ott DE Senior Trumbull, Nebraska
Travis Perry LB Senior Urbandale, Iowa
Macon Plewa FB Senior Franklin, Wisconsin
Tevaun Smith WR Senior Toronto, Ontario

Is it just me or does the size of the leadership group seem to be growing.

13 seniors. I mean if you're a senior this year and you are not on the list, you have to wonder what happened.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT