ADVERTISEMENT

"He might be one of the best, if not the best, player to ever come out of the state of Iowa"

Go Iowa. The Hawks will be better next year. For those on this board who want to be negative feel free. No one takes them seriously anyway. Like I have stated before it is the same people over and over who whine negativity. Go Hawks and win with Joe . The Hawkeyes will also improve with Conner
Go Hawkeyes!!!!!!

Reactions: VicHawkeye
Bobby Hansen is by far and away the best native Iowan basketball player ever AIAEC . 10 plus years in the NBA as Magic Johnson's own personal nightmare is testament to that

Whoa! A Seer? A true seer?
Tell us more, sir!

mmm ... I dunno. How about a movie quote instead?
17636-14413.jpg

"... so don't piss down my back and tell me it's rainin'

Bobby Hansen is by far and away the best native Iowan basketball player ever AIAEC . 10 plus years in the NBA as Magic Johnson's own personal nightmare is testament to that
i think we have to see how Joe does in college and after college before we rank him as the best ever

I usually go to a few MAC games when I come back to Iowa for a week or so every January, and have managed to see him play FR, Soph, & JR year (missed him this year)... I thought from day one that the kid was was deserving of the hype. Anyone else who's seen him play knows he's not just a stat stuffer, but a very smooth, almost effortless flowing player. Great form to everything he does, and smart with the ball. I played in the conference the same time frame as Ricky Davis when he was at Dav North, and while he's always been the most accomplished guy from the MAC, and a freak athlete, Joe is the best basketball player, hands down. He's going to be as advertised.

You should watch games outside the MAC sometime, then you would know why your post was so funny.

Best ever period is hard to throw all players together. Lafrenz was a center and different game than Barnes, paige ect. All around game Joe W has to be in the top few. His shooting range is from half court in. He can drain 3s from all over the court then get you off balance a lil and go around you and dunk in your face. Does what ever he wants at this level. How much better could Bobby Hansen have been if he played the number of AAU games these guys play today?

I played with and against Raef and have coached hs for decades. Nick Collison is the best hs player I've seen. His post game and rebounding were elite. His athletic abilities was also elite for a guy his size.

Reactions: Ollie4ISU
Based on High School career, I would say JW is in the top 3. JW plays team ball, rebounds, plays defense, can handle the ball well, and looks for his team mates. Name one of these 7 players that had all of those attributes. Name one of them that averaged over 30 points per game when being double and triple teamed. After 4 healthy years at Iowa, I believe he will be considered one of the top 3 based on college performance also.

Based on HS career I would have to take your word for that but I would imagine the best HS players in terms of HS careers all faced double and triple teams. I don't know any of these players stats etc. But Hoiberg, Thompson, Skinner, Oliver, Horner Lafretnz, Settles, Haluska etc all did multiple things. And despite putting up a ton of points his teams aren't very good. There are some guys that have titles or at least runs in the state tournament.

But again, I was just talking about as a recruit.

As for college performance, if he is top 3 I will be shocked.
The three KU kids alone would be tough to top. But if he does raise to that level then you know that Iowa is having success on the court. I do think he will be a good college player. I worry that too much is being put on him for next year though.

The all-time Iowa list should include Wahlert's 7-1 Kevin Kunnert, who lead the Big Ten in rebounding two years at Iowa and started five years for the Houston Rockets. However, in high school he wasn't that good, frankly. But as I can remember, nobody has had the hype or stats that Joe Weiskamp has. I seriously expect Joe to be right up there with Cook and Bohannon in scoring next season. I predict he's that good. And, with a healthy Connor, we should be able to patch some of our deficiencies.

The all-time Iowa list should include Wahlert's 7-1 Kevin Kunnert, who lead the Big Ten in rebounding two years at Iowa and started five years for the Houston Rockets. However, in high school he wasn't that good, frankly. But as I can remember, nobody has had the hype or stats that Joe Weiskamp has. I seriously expect Joe to be right up there with Cook and Bohannon in scoring next season. I predict he's that good. And, with a healthy Connor, we should be able to patch some of our deficiencies.

Nobody has had the hype? Do you not remember Harrison Barnes?

He's gonna be great and Iowa basketball will be better because of him. His loyalty to Muscatine shows me that he will be loyal to the Iowa Hawkeyes. He's our guy and I can't wait til he's a Hawk.

I usually go to a few MAC games when I come back to Iowa for a week or so every January, and have managed to see him play FR, Soph, & JR year (missed him this year)... I thought from day one that the kid was was deserving of the hype. Anyone else who's seen him play knows he's not just a stat stuffer, but a very smooth, almost effortless flowing player. Great form to everything he does, and smart with the ball. I played in the conference the same time frame as Ricky Davis when he was at Dav North, and while he's always been the most accomplished guy from the MAC, and a freak athlete, Joe is the best basketball player, hands down. He's going to be as advertised.

Good to read this. I haven’t seen him play, but when I think of missing pieces, I think of a Ricky Davis type of kid. We really need 2 Tyler Cooks. So if this kid changes the entire complexion of the line up, I’ll start looking forward to next season.

Good to read this. I haven’t seen him play, but when I think of missing pieces, I think of a Ricky Davis type of kid. We really need 2 Tyler Cooks. So if this kid changes the entire complexion of the line up, I’ll start looking forward to next season.
Yeah actually they're pretty different kinds of players in my opinion. Having played with, and against Ricky, he was much more of the type of player a lot of Hawk fans seem to be clamoring for right now. A player able to create his own shot, and get to the rack with authority, with a mid range game. Very good athlete all around. Enough of an athlete with a high enough ceiling, to warrant a team to take him in the first round of the 98 draft. That's not exactly what the Hawks add with Joe.
Wieskamp is going to impress though for sure, but not in same way of a Davis type. He's just one of those type of players that is rarely going to have you yelling at your TV "What the F%#k are you doing!!" like I catch myself doing more frequently than I'd like to admit during Hawk games this year. When it's all said and done, I see him being mentioned in the same class as Dean, Horner, Gatens, & Jok, as recent great Hawkeyes from the state. I'm excited for the kid... hopefully they can get the rest of this roster figured out in the next couple years though.

Reactions: Hawkman34
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT