ADVERTISEMENT

Health Costs - US vs ...

WTF? The "evidence" is that PCP and other care providers are not required to take patients on Medicare or Medicaid. ERs are. As well as those who have no medical insurance.

JFC.
You know that’s bullshit in rural settings. All hospitals who have pcps in this area, accept Iowa medicaid

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
No, it isn’t.
jennifer-lawrence-okay.gif

Reactions: Wendy79
Thanks, this isn't terribly surprising to me, disappointing, but not shocking, I wonder how much responsibility for this falls on the FDA versus big pharma... Seems like we have a lot more processed foods than these other countries.
The FDA, AHA and the USDA are directly but not solely responsible for the obesity epidemic. The government started it so the government should fix it.

LOL at you trying to use a couple towns to refute what is widely known in cities across the country.

You need to get out more.
ERs still get misused in these small towns because it doesn’t cost the Medicaid user . They have no skin in the game

• Haha
ERs still get misused in these small towns because it doesn’t cost the Medicaid user . They have no skin in the game
ERs get misused because people without insurance and those on Medicaid have no place else to go.

Your ignorance is palpable on this subject.

Reactions: auntie_fah
ERs get misused because people without insurance and those on Medicaid have no place else to go.

Your ignorance is palpable on this subject.
They go there because it don’t cost them anything. I have patients who tell me they do this, and they have primary care physicians.

• Haha
They go there because it don’t cost them anything. I have patients who tell me they do this, and they have primary care physicians.
LOL. People without insurance do not have PCPs. ERs are absolutely being used improperly. The question is why. Why is it free to go to an ER instead of a PCP or walk-in clinic? Because that's what the system mandates. If you don't want people to go to the ER for their care then make it easy for them to go to a clinic and/or PCP.

What is your solution to the issue of people misusing the ER?

LOL. People without insurance do not have PCPs. ERs are absolutely being used improperly. The question is why. Why is it free to go to an ER instead of a PCP or walk-in clinic? Because that's what the system mandates. If you don't want people to go to the ER for their care then make it easy for them to go to a clinic and/or PCP.

What is your solution to the issue of people misusing the ER?
I said medicaid. Medicaid does provide pcps. Why are you being dumb and saying no insurance, when I said Medicaid.

I said medicaid. Medicaid does provide pcps. Why are you being dumb and saying no insurance, when I said Medicaid.
Because there are a substantial number of people who have no insurance. What is your solution to the ER issue with those on Medicaid?

Administrative costs are a complete joke these days with people like Trad the punchline.

We all need to to take full aim at HR and administration.

This should be at the forefront of AI technological innovation

Reactions: ClarindaA's
My only comment is that those that can afford to go to another country for medical care still come to the US. We might not be perfect...but I do love having Mayo available to me if I ever need it.

Because there are a substantial number of people who have no insurance. What is your solution to the ER issue with those on Medicaid?
You changed the goalposts. I said Medicaid patients abuse the ER.. You said it was their only option. You were wrong , so you’re changing the question. Until Medicaid patients have to pay a bit more for ER visits than pcp visits, don’t expand Medicaid. Poor people don’t seem to care that it’s hurting the system that’s trying to help them.

You changed the goalposts. I said Medicaid patients abuse the ER.. You said it was their only option. You were wrong , so you’re changing the question. Until Medicaid patients have to pay a bit more for ER visits than pcp visits, don’t expand Medicaid. Poor people don’t seem to care that it’s hurting the system that’s trying to help them.
Quit making shit up. PCP and clinics do not have to take Medicaid patients so they often have to go to the ER. Not to mention the cost. And your complete ignorance of the uninsured is telling as well.

Whatever you need to say to deflect.
How is it a deflection?

The standard of care is different, particularly end of life care. There's a lot of difference in excess testing in the US because of how malpractice works. There are differences in who can go into nursing facilities in other countries.

If you want to compare the costs you must compare the services and level of care.

Quit making shit up. PCP and clinics do not have to take Medicaid patients so they often have to go to the ER. Not to mention the cost. And your complete ignorance of the uninsured is telling as well.
Dumbass, no one said they had to take it, but most in southwest iowa do, and ERs are still abused. You look more senile with every post, changing the question or goal.

Reactions: 83Hawk
The annual cost is only a piece of the pictures. Doesn't take into account the difference in healthy lifestyles between populations.

Need a comparison of most common services/procedures. I wouldn't be surprised if the USA is also the highest there too. But even that is hard to freaking measure the true cost, because you have your insurance premiums, deductibles, discounts.

If we are staying with a paid for health coverage... There needs to be requirements for clear pricing up front with patients. Obviously, you can't do that for Emergency situations, but it's a F**KING joke that you can make an appointment and not know what that price is....the damn office doesn't even know what it is...

You have to hunt and call to get an inaccurate cost for a service in advance.

Dumbass, no one said they had to take it, but most in southwest iowa do, and ERs are still abused. You look more senile with every post, changing the question or goal.
And again, your hick myopia is blinding you from the much, much bigger issue.

Probably best you stay in the boonies, the real world would eat you alive.

A Big Mac cost the same at noon and at midnight.

If you need a few stitches late at night it instantly requires Monopoly money. Yet the workers don’t get paid that much of a shift differential if any.

And again, your hick myopia is blinding you from the much, much bigger issue.

Probably best you stay in the boonies, the real world would eat you alive.
You keep changing from the original point, which is that Medicaid patients abuse ERs. You changed it to uninsured. Take the L with dignity

You keep changing from the original point, which is that Medicaid patients abuse ERs. You changed it to uninsured. Take the L with dignity
No, you dumb ****, the original point was about US healthcare costs. Then you brought this up:

I’m for people being able to buy in to Medicare, but giving people “ free” healthcare is a terrible idea. They abuse ERs, don’t care about staying healthy. Everyone shouldb pay something.
You said nothing about Medicaid. You were lumping all people in who don't pay for insurance. Later you stated that those on Medicaid "abuse" the ER because they don't have to pay anything there to which I said "that is another point". It was never THE point.

You then tried to spin things around your uninformed anecdotes from Bum****ville. The fact is people on Medicaid and those without insurance are not "abusing" the system - they are USING the system to try to get the best outcome. The SYSTEM is hugely flawed by allowing these people to be turned away from much, much less expensive forms of healthcare.

You continue to demonstrate a tremendous amount of ignorance on this subject.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT