ADVERTISEMENT

Hickman and Peyton Top 500 Prospects

I just don't see it with Hickman as far as upside. No sink or run and from some accounts, not a lot of feel or savvy when it comes to being a high level pitcher. At the next level everyone can hit a 95 mph FB.

I still think he is drafted and I still think he goes. My gut is that because his arm has extremely low mileage on it compared to most guys, someone takes a chance.

Low mileage, live arm, and a developing change up. He was a totally different pitcher this year than last with total improvement in his delivery. He's being drafted on potential, yes, but it's hard to deny his intangibles.

Reactions: non-poster
I see Hickman going in the 3rd-5th round and quite frankly as a Junior, he'd be crazy not to go. I'd love to have him in Iowa City for another season, you just don't see it when guys are drafted that high. I don't see Hickman as a starter at the professional level. I can see him being developed into a one inning relief guy, that is where his future will be at IMO. A closer? I doubt it unless he really develops his secondary stuff.

As far as Peyton, it will all depend on where he is drafted. If Peyton stays, it would be a HUGE boost to the team for next year and give Iowa proven Friday starter plus an experienced 1B/bat in the lineup.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT