ADVERTISEMENT

Hoiberg gone!

OskaloosaHawk2

Team MVP
Mar 19, 2014
Reliable source says he told the team this morning that he's leaving for the NBA. Welcome back to mediocrity Cyclones.

Reliable source says he told the team this morning that he's leaving for the NBA. Welcome back to mediocrity Cyclones.
Really? A reliable scource? Pollard sure made it sound like he was leaving the other night but did not come right out and say it.

post-30824-Jack-Nicholson-Creepy-Nodding-t5bI.gif

Reactions: DarkThunder#61
Iowa St. will probably drop but maybe not a lot. They have made a real commitment to basketball and have shown they will do whatever it takes to put together a winning program.

word on the radio in Phx is that they will make a strong run at Jeff Hornacek.....will be able to give him more money and more stability than the NBA. I have NO knowledge that there is any traction to the rumor, but it is being talked about here.

Not quite as popular as the Mayor, but not far behind.....and perhaps a better coach. Would be a huge recovery hire if they could pull it off.

He will last two or three years. Hoiberg doesn't coach defense in college and defense is a big reason why the Bulls are as good as they are.

I think Thibs is the reason the Bulls are good not the talent they have and that is very rare in the nba. I wonder if hoiberg will be able to do that.

word on the radio in Phx is that they will make a strong run at Jeff Hornacek.....will be able to give him more money and more stability than the NBA. I have NO knowledge that there is any traction to the rumor, but it is being talked about here.

Not quite as popular as the Mayor, but not far behind.....and perhaps a better coach. Would be a huge recovery hire if they could pull it off.

And Jeff Hornacek has recruited who? While I respect Jeff Hornacek, his recruiting experience is an incomplete. ISUcc does not have the resume or the local homegrown talent like Kentucky or Duke to just hire the alumni guy without him being a dynamic experienced recruiter.

Iowa State is going to bleed a while when Fred leaves Ames for the NBA.

I am not convinced that Hoiberg is healthy enough for an 82 game regular season grind in the NBA and then stack the playoff season grind on the regular season. The pressures and constant traveling is not for the faint hearted or those with an artificial heart valve, but you never know.

I am not convinced that Hoiberg is healthy enough for an 82 game regular season grind in the NBA and then stack the playoff season grind on the regular season. The pressures and constant traveling is not for the faint hearted or those with an artificial heart valve, but you never know.
That is exactly right. In the NBA a coach doesn't get to pick their players and Fred seems to know what kind of players are best suited for his playing style. In the NBA a coach just has to play what ever players are picked by someone else with no mind to playing style.

I also don't believe Fred told his players this morning he was leaving for the NBA. The Bulls coach hasn't even been fired yet. I wouldn't be surprised if Fred had a meeting with the team. People who spread rumors like to do so early on a possible story so they can say they were the first to report it.

Jacque Vaughn just got the axe as an NBA coach. How long has he been coaching?

How about having to go on recruiting trips, that would be more of a grind.

How about having to go on recruiting trips, that would be more of a grind.
How about the grind of playing four games in five nights without even a practice. It's no wonder so many NBA players are injured all the time and it takes a lot of wear and tear on the coaches as well. The college active recruiting period is a lot shorter than the NBA season especially if an NBA team goes far in the play-offs. Even teams who go fairly deep in the play-offs can get fired.

That is exactly right. In the NBA a coach doesn't get to pick their players and Fred seems to know what kind of players are best suited for his playing style. In the NBA a coach just has to play what ever players are picked by someone else with no mind to playing style.

I also don't believe Fred told his players this morning he was leaving for the NBA. The Bulls coach hasn't even been fired yet. I wouldn't be surprised if Fred had a meeting with the team. People who spread rumors like to do so early on a possible story so they can say they were the first to report it.

Jacque Vaughn just got the axe as an NBA coach. How long has he been coaching?
I have no idea what Fred is going to do, but I think the students are on spring break, aren't they? My neighbor's kid mowed my lawn, which means he's home from ISU this week.

I have no idea what Fred is going to do, but I think the students are on spring break, aren't they? My neighbor's kid mowed my lawn, which means he's home from ISU this week.

Spring Break is in March. Maybe you meant summer break? I know Iowa and Drake both have commencement ceremonies this weekend and I assume ISU does as well.

I remember the number of credible sources who made the same claims about Kirk Ferentz years ago. I guess I'll believe it when I see it.

I remember the number of credible sources who made the same claims about Kirk Ferentz years ago. I guess I'll believe it when I see it.

very true, sometimes where there is smoke, there is just smoke. will be interesting how it plays out.

Spring Break is in March. Maybe you meant summer break? I know Iowa and Drake both have commencement ceremonies this weekend and I assume ISU does as well.
I would like to say I mistyped, but no, my brain just broke. It doesn't feel like summer.

How about the grind of playing four games in five nights without even a practice. It's no wonder so many NBA players are injured all the time and it takes a lot of wear and tear on the coaches as well. The college active recruiting period is a lot shorter than the NBA season especially if an NBA team goes far in the play-offs. Even teams who go fairly deep in the play-offs can get fired.
In the NBA you travel in very posh conditions, no watching high school kids in sweaty gyms, no dealing with boosters on the rubber chicken circuit. Sure there is a lot of travel and a lot of games but those guys are treated like kings. You don't have to babysit players and make them behave. Once the season starts there are not even a lot of practices because there is a game almost every night and players need the rest when they have an off day. Personnel decisions are generally made by others.

Last edited:

we-talkin-bout-practice-o.gif

Reactions: eyecy
You have a horrible source if your source is saying he talked to his players this morning.

There are plenty of people around the Bulls now saying the job is Hoyburgers if he wants it. Question is if he wants to man up and take it. We just don't know if he is up to that new challenge with his bad heart and all. I am sure the cyclones will do all they can to get him to stay.

Friends brother works in ISU athletic dept. basically said no one outside Freddy and his family have any clue if he will or not. Basically 50/50 but said its obvious with his Fred and his relationship with Forman top Bulls executive will make a push for sure.

One thing I found funny what he said as a clone fan is they will all tell you there is no way he is going but in reality they are nervous as heck he may bolt for Chicago.

There are plenty of people around the Bulls now saying the job is Hoyburgers if he wants it. Question is if he wants to man up and take it. We just don't know if he is up to that new challenge with his bad heart and all. I am sure the cyclones will do all they can to get him to stay.

What does manning up have to do with whether he takes the job or not?

Friends brother works in ISU athletic dept. basically said no one outside Freddy and his family have any clue if he will or not. Basically 50/50 but said its obvious with his Fred and his relationship with Forman top Bulls executive will make a push for sure.

One thing I found funny what he said as a clone fan is they will all tell you there is no way he is going but in reality they are nervous as heck he may bolt for Chicago.
That isn't the feeling on the CR board. I'd say the majority of posters think the odds on him staying are 50-50 at best.

I love idiotic posts like this. No link. No nothing except a stupid subject line. "Reliable source" huh!? And who is that reliable source... Idiotic post

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT