ADVERTISEMENT

Hoiberg gone!

was in Ames yesterday ..every ISU fan I spoke with fully expects to have a new head BB coach next year....Hoiberg needs to teach his kid not to fabricate his golf score(s)...fact.

Fred is the #1 target because he is such a drastic change from Thibs in demeanor and how he treats the players. Obviously Thibs is a phenomenal defensive coach, but he overworked guys and the grind was constant. New school coaches (Kerr, for one) who played recently understand how to manage off-days better. Hoiberg is in that mold and is very appealing. I question whether or not he can coach defensive well enough, but I guarantee you'll see some "read between the lines" comments about how well Fred handles his guys. Well, unless he's losing...

Fred can't coach and will get ran out of the league. It is good timing to get out of Ames before the sanctions hit.

isu always returns to normalcy. When they think they are turning the corner and being decent the coach leaves or is fired. It doesn't matter if it is Football, MBB or Wrestling the outcome is the same.

Since the early 1970's it has been rinse and repeat for isu. No evidence exists that isu's MBB program today is any different.

Of course Farmer and other clown fans will tell us what we must ignore and exactly how it really is. That is what is so entertaining.

Reactions: 67 Hawkeye
isu always returns to normalcy. When they think they are turning the corner and being decent the coach leaves or is fired. It doesn't matter if it is Football, MBB or Wrestling the outcome is the same.

Since the early 1970's it has been rinse and repeat for isu. No evidence exists that isu's MBB program today is any different.

Of course Farmer and other clown fans will tell us what we must ignore and exactly how it really is. That is what is so entertaining.
You not dosing again 100? Get back on those meds before you wig out again.

What you describe sounds a lot like the Hawkeyes. Tom Davis gets run off and then the irrelevant years of Alford and Lickliter. It is only during the McCaffery years that Iowa gets its first NCAA tournament win. The only difference in football is Ferentz has been able to stick around long enough to fall back to mediocrity.

Reactions: FG86
What you describe sounds a lot like the Hawkeyes. Tom Davis gets run off and then the irrelevant years of Alford and Lickliter. It is only during the McCaffery years that Iowa gets its first NCAA tournament win. The only difference in football is Ferentz has been able to stick around long enough to fall back to mediocrity.

Iowa hasn't had a history of coaches that pulled us out of being piss poor only to leave us for someone else.

Unlike isu football, MBB and wrestling.

Last edited:

What are we ignoring? Has Fred left and I missed it? Has ISU regressed and I missed it? Seems like you are mostly hoping and dreaming thus far. Who knows what the future holds, we'll except 100 of course...

What are we ignoring? Has Fred left and I missed it? Has ISU regressed and I missed it? Seems like you are mostly hoping and dreaming thus far. Who knows what the future holds, we'll except 100 of course...

100 what Farmer? Years before isu wins their next conference championship in football.

What exactly did Raveling pull us out of? What better situation did Lute leave Iowa for?

Must ignore that because Farmer says so.
You never said anything about leaving for a better situation, you said no Iowa coach pulled your program up and left. Lute did. I guess we must ignore your own comments?

Reactions: FG86
You never said anything about leaving for a better situation, you said no Iowa coach pulled your program up and left. Lute did. I guess we must ignore your own comments?

Lute left to turn around a piss poor program. Conversely any situation is better than staying in lames. Which is exactly why isu coaches high tail it out of clownville to get a better gig.

But by all means Farmer do tell us how it really is.

100 days as the over/under til you get banned again.

The number is set at 100. No not how isu will be ranked going into the football season but how many more years it will take for them to win a football conference championship.

I will take the over.

Lute left to turn around a piss poor program. Conversely any situation is better than staying in lames. Which is exactly why isu coaches high tail it out of clownville to get a better gig.

But by all means Farmer do tell us how it really is.
So coaches leave Iowa to take over piss poor programs but ones leave ISU to go to the NBA and this is supposed to be an indictment of ISU?

So coaches leave Iowa to take over piss poor programs but ones leave ISU to go to the NBA and this is supposed to be an indictment of ISU?

The point remains that coaches go to isu because they rarely can go anywhere else. Then if they have any success they bolt.

But of course that isn't an indictment of isu because Farmer says so.

He will last two or three years. Hoiberg doesn't coach defense in college and defense is a big reason why the Bulls are as good as they are.

I think Thibs is the reason the Bulls are good not the talent they have and that is very rare in the nba. I wonder if hoiberg will be able to do that.

Bulls have one of the more talented teams in the league. They start 4 all stars.

That is exactly right. In the NBA a coach doesn't get to pick their players and Fred seems to know what kind of players are best suited for his playing style. In the NBA a coach just has to play what ever players are picked by someone else with no mind to playing style.

I also don't believe Fred told his players this morning he was leaving for the NBA. The Bulls coach hasn't even been fired yet. I wouldn't be surprised if Fred had a meeting with the team. People who spread rumors like to do so early on a possible story so they can say they were the first to report it.

Jacque Vaughn just got the axe as an NBA coach. How long has he been coaching?

Of corse they draft with playing style in mind.

In the NBA you travel in very posh conditions, no watching high school kids in sweaty gyms, no dealing with boosters on the rubber chicken circuit. Sure there is a lot of travel and a lot of games but those guys are treated like kings. You don't have to babysit players and make them behave. Once the season starts there are not even a lot of practices because there is a game almost every night and players need the rest when they have an off day. Personnel decisions are generally made by others.

Agree, NBA is an easier job.

Far less job security though.

Do you expect to come onto a Hawkeye board, spew this garbage and find people to agree with you? What is your agenda?

So, I hear Hoiberg is leaving ISU? Will he be replaced by a transfer?;)

All this thread proves is that both Hawkeyes and Cyclones piss yellow.

"Welcome back to mediocrity Cyclones."

I'd be surprised if he didn't take the offer. If he wants to coach in the NBA there isn't going to be a much better offer than to go to a team with that talent. This isn't the same Bulls team that Floyd took over in 98

"Welcome back to mediocrity Cyclones."

This from a basketball program whose program pinnacle is mediocrity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT