ADVERTISEMENT

Holloway pins Ritter

Just saw this and it's got me pretty pumped. It can be hard to evaluate a kid like Holloway that doesn't wrestle much of a national schedule. If he's got enough fire in the belly he could really turn into something

From what I've heard both holloway and wilcke have never trained wrestling year round. Both play other sports like football and baseball. Now that they will be training year round in a room like Iowa's I think we will see them as a great one-two punch at 184/197.

Reactions: T8KUDWN
Get Holloway's endurance up and it's hard telling how far he can go. Going to be fun to watch. Erickson will fit rightin as well.

Sorry can someone give some info on Ritter? Have heard the name but don't know any details and why this is a big win for Holloway.

TIA

Regardless, Holloway has been pretty impressive, taking care of business scoring bonus (mostly falls) against all but 2 wrestlers. Maybe not a world-beater yet, but I'm very interested to see him in the Black and Gold.

The reason it's excellent news is that Wilcke was our only other recruit at 195 (#86 overall by D1CW, #12 @ 195 by Intermat) but is planning to go 184 in college, so there was literally no one waiting in the wings behind Burak, and the 2015 class had pretty much all been signed.

Holloway (#79 overall, #13 at 197) hadn't signed with anyone by April, wrestled a very close match (8-6) against Steveson (#12 overall, #2 197), then signed with Iowa. So that became a "Whew, at least we have someone, and maybe he even has some upside."

Now he has a win over Ritter (#26 overall, #4 @197), which means he could turn out to be the sleeper of the 2015 recruiting class.

The reason it's excellent news is that Wilcke was our only other recruit at 195 (#86 overall by D1CW, #12 @ 195 by Intermat) but is planning to go 184 in college, so there was literally no one waiting in the wings behind Burak, and the 2015 class had pretty much all been signed.

Holloway (#79 overall, #13 at 197) hadn't signed with anyone by April, wrestled a very close match (8-6) against Steveson (#12 overall, #2 197), then signed with Iowa. So that became a "Whew, at least we have someone, and maybe he even has some upside."

Now he has a win over Ritter (#26 overall, #4 @197), which means he could turn out to be the sleeper of the 2015 recruiting class.
Regardless, Holloway has been pretty impressive, taking care of business scoring bonus (mostly falls) against all but 2 wrestlers. Maybe not a world-beater yet, but I'm very interested to see him in the Black and Gold.
Now he beats Kollin Moore, Ohio State recruit ranked 6th at 182

Reactions: MepoDawg#
pretty nice late pickup, mepo has long tradition of pretty decent wrestling.

pretty nice late pickup, mepo has long tradition of pretty decent wrestling.
I watched that kid 3 matches at state. He attacked a couple guys who seemed to get pissed because he kept coming. I believe he dominated the kid from Denver-Tripoli who was undefeated.

I watched that kid 3 matches at state. He attacked a couple guys who seemed to get pissed because he kept coming. I believe he dominated the kid from Denver-Tripoli who was undefeated.
Holloway is one lesser competition wouldn't want to piss off and have him keep coming at you. Still picture his double leg, it's lethal.

From what I've heard both holloway and wilcke have never trained wrestling year round. Both play other sports like football and baseball. Now that they will be training year round in a room like Iowa's I think we will see them as a great one-two punch at 184/197.
Some reason for optimism to be sure. Nice tournament for Mr. Holloway.

Reactions: Huck
He is full of potential. Excited to see how he performs while redshirting this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT