ADVERTISEMENT

How long do you think it will be

You're guaranteed at least 2 if you have a major conference offer, I think.

It's not completely unheard of for a player to go from completely unranked to a 3* after committing to a Power 5 school.

As soon as they evaluate his tapes he will get stars. Glad you have nothing else to worry about

Here's the Rivals ranking system.

• 6.1 Franchise Player; considered one of the elite prospects in the country, generally among the nation's top 25 players overall; deemed to have excellent pro potential; high-major prospect
  • 6.0-5.8 All-American Candidate; high-major prospect; considered one of the nation's top 300 prospects; deemed to have pro potential and ability to make an impact on college team
  • 5.7-5.5 All-Region Selection; considered among the region's top prospects and among the top 750 or so prospects in the country; high-to-mid-major prospect; deemed to have pro potential and ability to make an impact on college team
  • 5.4-5.0 Division I prospect; considered a mid-major prospect; deemed to have limited pro potential but definite Division I prospect; may be more of a role player
  • 4.9 Sleeper; no Rivals.com expert knew much, if anything, about this player; a prospect that only a college coach really knew about

ADVERTISEMENT