ADVERTISEMENT

Huge series this weekend with Michigan.

icu81222

HR All-American
Dec 4, 2008
I see they don't play a mid-week game this week. Kind of strange to see.

Not sure if that is a good or bad thing. UM appears to be solid in the pitching department and have been playing well. Also, getting a couple key players back from injury.

Don't really know what to expect as it sounds like Iowa has struggled with meatchicken in the past. But this is a different Iowa team.

I would love a sweep combined with an Illinois loss (or 2) but I think we just get 2 of 3.

With all the close games, it certainly feels like we're due to let one or two get away from us. Don't see a sweep. Winning the series would be pretty big though and put us in a good spot for the NCAAs.

Michigan is the only team in the B1G that is hitting over .300 as a team I believe. They have Jackson Glines (who looks like he is 40) , Jacob Cronenworth, and Travis Maezes who are all serious threats offensively. In addition to their BA, they also get on base a lot.

Pitching wise Cronenworth was the closer, but early struggles led to him becoming the Friday starter. Brett Adcock who starts Sunday is solid. Also, Evan Hill was hurt for them and has come back in the last 2-3 weeks. He is the guy Iowa saw in the B1G tournament last year, has a funky style and can shut you down.

Michigan has finals this week, which is why no midweek game. The Saturday game is on BTN by the way.

With 3 series left... the Hawks are at a critical point in the season. If we take 8 of our last 10 heading into the tournament, we have a real good chance to gaining an at large bid. I keep reading Kendall Rodgers' at D1baseball.com "bracketology" and he believes the Hawks could host a regional. After seeing the overflow crowds last weekend, which was outstanding, I just don't see how Bank stadium accommodates fans from 3 schools. Iowa would need to being in a minimum of 2000 temporary seats just judging from how Hawk fans are turning out. These are heady times for the Hawkeyes, I hope they can keep their mojo working.

I dont think there is room for 2000 extra seats at this point. Hosting would be HUGE though.

If iowa hosts, i predict there will be new construction with the seating and press box within 12 months.

The money will flow in and rick has the trust of Barta. The commitment will be made.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT