ADVERTISEMENT

If Iowa loses to Illinois State?

It would be his annual September mulligan if the rest of the season goes well

Is Ferentz essentially done? I can't imagine that would help attendance by dropping one to Illinois State.

If we lost to Illinois State, I have very little doubt that we beat Iowa State and I think Pitt would be iffy too. If we lose to Illinois State, I'm pretty positive the rest of the fan base is ready to accept Kirk being done.

Seriously, if this offense is anything less than awesome after 4 years of Davis, then YES, KF is gone!! There should be no excuses at this point.

Reactions: Herkmeister
Don't even want to think about it. God, how far would that set Iowa back, assuming Iowa would continue the trend throughout the season.

Why are you guys tormenting yourselves with this very unlikely possibility? Iowa has never lost to an FCS team.

I would feel very sorry for Kirk's gum. It's gonna take a beating.

Is there fbs all American RB Coprich suspended for Iowa game? Arrested for selling drugs to undercover this spring. Not kicked off the team and read where he is pre season all American. Be shocked if kid doesn't have to sit a game but then again you never know with the mark dantonios of the sport.

Plus they lose top 3 pass catchers. Roberson is good but be a different team then one who lost to ndsu in championship.

That is true, but what convinces you that Illinois State has enough umph to do it this year?

They have lots of talent at the QB and RB spots. We almost got beat by UNI's RB all by himself last year.

We lost Davis and LTP on the defensive line and two NFL caliber players on the offensive line. Are we really in a better position this year than we were last year?

They have lots of talent at the QB and RB spots. We almost got beat by UNI's RB all by himself last year.

We lost Davis and LTP on the defensive line and two NFL caliber players on the offensive line. Are we really in a better position this year than we were last year?

Iowa beat UNI by 8 last year and UNI handled Illinois State by 14. How does any of that apply to 2015?

Is there fbs all American RB Coprich suspended for Iowa game? Arrested for selling drugs to undercover this spring. Not kicked off the team and read where he is pre season all American. Be shocked if kid doesn't have to sit a game but then again you never know with the mark dantonios of the sport.

Plus they lose top 3 pass catchers. Roberson is good but be a different team then one who lost to ndsu in championship.

Brock Spack will not have the moral courage to suspend Coprich from the Iowa game after his conviction. It just will not happen.

You want me to be impressed that Illinois State was the runner-up in the FCS playoffs last year? Is that it?

Stop talking, you cited a 14 point loss early in the season but either didn't remember (Alzheimer's is a bitch) or just didn't know probably because you don't watch football played outside of Iowa City that Illinios State beat UNI by 20 points in the Playoff.

Another thing the dementia is probably making you forget is that Iowa usually comes out pretty sluggish to start the season. Don't be surprised if Illinios State gets up by 14-17 points.

Matter of fact, drink your prune juice and go to bed old man.

Stop talking, you cited a 14 point loss early in the season but either didn't remember (Alzheimer's is a bitch) or just didn't know probably because you don't watch football played outside of Iowa City that Illinios State beat UNI by 20 points in the Playoff.

Another thing the dementia is probably making you forget is that Iowa usually comes out pretty sluggish to start the season. Don't be surprised if Illinios State gets up by 14-17 points.

Matter of fact, drink your prune juice and go to bed old man.

You may not know much about football, swag, but you got that bedtime thing down nailed. Good Night.

Reactions: E.RogerCoswell
Iowa has lost to teams that would be considered FCS or lower nowadays, but that was way back in the day before there were separate divisions.

Iowa lost once to UNI just before the turn of the century.

One game will never decide Kirk's fate, especially one at the beginning of the season. Meaning, he would still have time to pull the season out of the tank. That being said, from a fan perspective, you lose to Illinois State and then on the road at ISU, that will pretty much dictate what type of fan support you will have for the remaining of the season. While it won't cost him his job is he loses, Kirk absolutely has to win this game.

That is true, but what convinces you that Illinois State has enough umph to do it this year?

People have been predicting that "losing to XX FCS team is a real possibility this season since like 2005. Still waiting for it though

(and yes I know some games were close)

Is Ferentz essentially done? I can't imagine that would help attendance by dropping one to Illinois State.
We might see a new record for time spent doing this:
1409098363000-Kirk-Ferentz-Notes.jpg

This is the Teflon Coach. Subpar performances and continual losses to poorer teams should not stick because he's a nice guy that does things the right way and graduates the 4 or 5 year survivors. Reference the purpose of the recent survey.

This is the Teflon Coach. Subpar performances and continual losses to poorer teams should not stick because he's a nice guy that does things the right way and graduates the 4 or 5 year survivors. Reference the purpose of the recent survey.

Which survey?

Edit - Never mind, must be the AD's recent survey to season ticket holders.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT